Federal Furlough Notices Issued Yesterday

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
We finally got our furlough notices yesterday and as usual it was swarming with controversy.

We will be getting 11 not 22 furlough days and instead of 30 days to appeal we will only get 7 days to submit an appeal.

Hundreds of thousands of federal workers will be laid off yet spending is back on track. We were told that we finally have money to buy tools, which we haven't for close to a year, and new hires will be going on furlough along with the rest of us.

Seems to me Obama just wants to punish federal workers, not cut spending.

We should get rid of three federal departments. I think getting rid of the EPA, the Department of Education, and I forget the third.

Oh yeah!!!!

The IRS!!

We should get rid of three federal departments. I think getting rid of the EPA, the Department of Education, and I forget the third.

Oh yeah!!!!

The IRS!!

if only...where are the damn Republicans?

sorry about the position you're in..

We finally got our furlough notices yesterday and as usual it was swarming with controversy.

We will be getting 11 not 22 furlough days and instead of 30 days to appeal we will only get 7 days to submit an appeal.

Hundreds of thousands of federal workers will be laid off yet spending is back on track. We were told that we finally have money to buy tools, which we haven't for close to a year, and new hires will be going on furlough along with the rest of us.

Not seeing what your complaint is.

Or did you think those others "lazy govenrnment workers" would be the ones getting laid off?

Not seeing what your complaint is.

Or did you think those others "lazy govenrnment workers" would be the ones getting laid off?[/QUOTE]

don't start with this crap again..he just spoke about what he is going through
you're hateful

Last edited:
[
Or did you think those others "lazy govenrnment workers" would be the ones getting laid off?[/QUOTE]

don't start with this crap again..he just spoke about what he is going through
you're hateful

Not at all.

The problem is, when you Wingnuts scream about "runaway government spending", it usually means that there's a government worker who hasn't had to bend over and take it like those of us in the private sector have for the last six years. They still get their benefits, their raises and their salaries, and they can't be fired because they found someone who will work cheaper or have their jobs moved to China.

So I think it's kind of hilarious that he has to take a whole 11 days without pay... Oh, the suffering. That's when he's not collecting Section 8 housing checks from the government for the rental units he runs or collecting his retirement pay from the military.

You don't get to whine about government spending when you spend that much time sucking at the government teet.

Federal Employees have been the whipping boys of the GOP since Reagan

We are only seeing what the GOP has been orchestrating for 30 years. Who needs Government Workers? Nobody would notice if they went away

This is a Republican policy that has been a long time coming

Federal Employees have been the whipping boys of the GOP since Reagan

We are only seeing what the GOP has been orchestrating for 30 years. Who needs Government Workers? Nobody would notice if they went away

This is a Republican policy that has been a long time coming
Except now they are the whipping boys of the Democrats.

Now it's a Democrat policy. Thankfully you don't see that.

Forum List

Back