Federal Building Raises Gay Flag

175px-NAMBLA_logo.svg.png

:eusa_shhh:

IMHO this is inappropriate. This is making a political statement that not everyone agrees with in this country.
Is there any political statement anyone agrees with in this country?

Did they fly a Union flag on Memorial day?

What if they fly a P.O.W. flag on Veteran's Day? Or The Union flag or the strips of the Sons of Liberty on the Fourth of July?l.
I have to wonder how she would respond if one of her employees asked to fly the confederate flag

That would be an act of treasonous.

An act of treason, you mean?

Really? Confederate Memorial Day is a holiday in Virginia. The Richmond Fed is in Richmond, Virginia. Are the people of Virginia committing treason by having a holiday to honor the dead of the Confederate States of America?

One thing to note: Virginia's C.M.D. happens to coincide with what we all celebrate as Memorial Day. Sounds like a cop out to me. But, several other states honor C.M.D. as well and on different days. Are they committing treason?

Immie

Last edited:
This is discriminatory against heterosexuals.

Hey, do heterosexuals even have their own flag?

It's the same flag but the colors are reversed.

NAAH! Just kidding!

You mean turn it upside down and you have a heterosexual flag? Hehe, I bet most people wouldn't know which way it was supposed to fly. I know I would not.

Immie

Did you ever notice the "rainbow" sticker on somebody's car then realize it belongs to the doctor who puts his finger where no man has gone before?:lol:

No one is complaining about how gays shouldn't have equal rights, what is being said is that gays should not have more rights than everyone else.
You forgot to cite documentation that gays have ‘more rights’ than anyone else – or what that even means, for that matter.

Sally Green, Chief Operating Officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond…

For those of you opposed to the flag being flown, you need to either assume Ms. Green knows the policy and law in the matter in her capacity as COO or do the research to determine if indeed a policy has been violated.

Or you can move on to more substantive issues.

It's the same flag but the colors are reversed.

NAAH! Just kidding!

You mean turn it upside down and you have a heterosexual flag? Hehe, I bet most people wouldn't know which way it was supposed to fly. I know I would not.

Immie

Did you ever notice the "rainbow" sticker on somebody's car then realize it belongs to the doctor who puts his finger where no man has gone before?:lol:

Um, no, but the next time I visit my proctologist, I will be sure to check to see if he has one on his bumper.

Immie

No one is complaining about how gays shouldn't have equal rights, what is being said is that gays should not have more rights than everyone else.
You forgot to cite documentation that gays have ‘more rights’ than anyone else – or what that even means, for that matter.

Sally Green, Chief Operating Officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond…

For those of you opposed to the flag being flown, you need to either assume Ms. Green knows the policy and law in the matter in her capacity as COO or do the research to determine if indeed a policy has been violated.

Or you can move on to more substantive issues.

That assumes we agree with the policy. I do not believe anyone said it was illegal to fly the Gay Pride Flag. We simply raised our objections to flying it.

Immie

If the US flag, the Gay flag, and the Confederate 'Stars-n-Bars' flag are all flown at the same time, what would be the protocol for deciding which flag was the second highest?

nope not that I know of, we don't have our own month either...;)

That's discrimination. Why do homosexual get a flag flown but heterosexuals don't? I thought it was all about equality?

When's 'pasty white American' month? Oh right, whites aren't a minority yet.

That's discrimination. Why do homosexual get a flag flown but heterosexuals don't? I thought it was all about equality?

I wonder what the reaction would be say, the Vatican flag?

I wonder what the reaction would be say, the Vatican flag?

There's a pedophile flag? :eusa_whistle:

(couldn't resist that one)

That assumes we agree with the policy. I do not believe anyone said it was illegal to fly the Gay Pride Flag. We simply raised our objections to flying it.

It assumes those objecting to the flying of the flag may not be aware of the policy, whether they agree with the policy or not.

Once the facts of the matter are known an appropriate response can be made. Why else would one object to flying the flag but to compel its removal.

It assumes those objecting to the flying of the flag may not be aware of the policy, whether they agree with the policy or not.

Once the facts of the matter are known an appropriate response can be made. Why else would one object to flying the flag but to compel its removal.

Compelling its removal has nothing to do with whether or not it is legal to fly it.

It may very well be legal and within policy guidelines to fly the flag. That does not make it right to do so. It is legal in this country to kill a fetus. That does not make it right to do so.

Just because our government approves of something in particular does not make it acceptable to do so.

And thank God we still have the right in this country to raise a stink about things we think our country does that are wrong... that goes for people such as myself who oppose abortion AND for the GLBT community who seek equality.

Immie

Forum List

Back