FCC promotes Soros propaganda network

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
One of the FCC stipulations of the Comcast – NBCU merger was the incorporation of non-profit journalism centers into NBC newsrooms. They are charged with maintaining and increasing local news coverage, the regulation based on the relationship between KNSD-TV and VoiceofSanDiego.org.

KNSD airs the segments, but really can’t take all the credit for them. They are largely the work ofVoiceOfSanDiego.org, a local nonprofit journalism center that has been sharing news tips, co-producing and supplying content to the station for several years.
[...]
Under the terms of the FCC order approving Comcast’s takeover of NBCU, at least half of NBC’s 10 O&Os have to find a nonprofit news center with which to work within the next year. The order cites the KNSD-VoiceOfSanDiego.org alliance as the model for what it would like to see in other NBC markets.
Proponents of the growing nonprofit news movement are hoping that NBC’s FCC-mandated efforts will bear fruit and encourage other commercial TV stations to seek out nonprofit partners.

Voice of San Diego is a member of INN (Investigative News Network) which is funded by the Open Society Institute.

In an unrelated story

Congratulations: Beck Makes Olbermann‘s ’World‘s Worst’ List | The Blaze

CONGRATULATIONS: BECK MAKES OLBERMANN‘S ’WORLD‘S WORST’ LIST
Posted on November 23, 2010 at 9:39am by Jonathon M. Seidl Print »Email »

When Keith Olbermann re-instituted his “World’s Worst” segment last week you knew it was only a matter of time before Glenn Beck made the list. Last night, Beck took the number two slot.

Olbermann took umbrage with Beck’s statements Monday that MSNBC “is marked for death” and that the channel will ditch Olbermann in light of its recent sale. In Olbermann’s words, “everything is a conspiracy” and Beck doesn’t know anything about TV:

This Man Wants to Control the News in America.
The FCC Wants to Help Him.

MoveOn.org - Rupert Murdoch and FCC Want To Control American Media

The above is from a story about how the FCC was helping Rupert Murdoch attain more power in the media industry and that the FCC was helping him by waiving set laws.. Actually it's not a story but an ad by Media Matters, crying their little partisan eyes out.
I bet the right wing blogs weren't screaming about THAT! Please note the similarities.

I saw nothing there that showed any Soros involvement.

Funders | Investigative News Network

Funders
Printer-friendly version
The Investigative News Network extends its sincere thanks to our funders, without whom the formation and work of this organization would not be possible.

INN Supporters:

Buzz Woolley

Ethics and Excellence in Journalism Foundation

Knight Foundation

McCormick Foundation

Open Society Institute

Rockefeller Brothers Fund

Surdna Foundation

William Penn Foundation

One of the FCC stipulations of the Comcast – NBCU merger was the incorporation of non-profit journalism centers into NBC newsrooms. They are charged with maintaining and increasing local news coverage, the regulation based on the relationship between KNSD-TV and VoiceofSanDiego.org.

KNSD airs the segments, but really can’t take all the credit for them. They are largely the work ofVoiceOfSanDiego.org, a local nonprofit journalism center that has been sharing news tips, co-producing and supplying content to the station for several years.
[...]
Under the terms of the FCC order approving Comcast’s takeover of NBCU, at least half of NBC’s 10 O&Os have to find a nonprofit news center with which to work within the next year. The order cites the KNSD-VoiceOfSanDiego.org alliance as the model for what it would like to see in other NBC markets.
Proponents of the growing nonprofit news movement are hoping that NBC’s FCC-mandated efforts will bear fruit and encourage other commercial TV stations to seek out nonprofit partners.

Voice of San Diego is a member of INN (Investigative News Network) which is funded by the Open Society Institute.

Man, you people sure can spin your bullshit into anything and everything. Are you suggesting that George Soros will now be able to, say, manipulate a sports report on the winner and loser of a soccer match to favor the team he likes best?
:cuckoo:

No I suggestion the FCC has some interest in regulating "independant local news " sources following the model of KNSD-VoiceOfSanDiego.org model.
Im not aware of any right wing or centrist Not for prfit news orgs they all seem to be leftwing.
I didnt think the news needed to be more leftwing... there must be a point to it ?

Many of the elements of Copps's proposal suffer from the same defect of subjective values. Copps made it clear that he was discussing "quantifiable" changes in news programming - as opposed to qualitative ones, which would affect the content of coverage, not simply the amount, or the resources devoted to it. But who determines how much local coverage is enough? How "local" does coverage need to be to fall under the definition? Who decides which issues are most important to the community? Copps would say the community would decide, but who reconciles the inevitable disagreements within the community?

Some of those questions have actually been answered in previous examinations of "localism." Under prior formulations of the concept, "community advisory boards" would hold hearings to decide whether broadcast content satisfied the "needs" of the local community. Though it sounds reasonable, those boards would represent direct government control over radio and broadcast television content.

Read more: Is FCC Commissioner Michael Copps Trying to Reinstate the Fairness Doctrine? | NewsBusters.org

These are totalitarian diktats forcing private companies to fund anti-capitalist entities who wish to see their newly conscripted benefactors ended, imposed by a rogue FCC that lords too much power over private agreements between private parties.

Read more: Did FCC Pressure Comcast to Incorporate 'Localism' Into NBC Deal? | NewsBusters.org

I don't care who it is, the koch bros., soros, the muppets ..it sounds like, ...that is sounds like the FCC has decided to attach a rider to a merger that tells the buyer they have to hand over a segment of coverage/air time to...well anyone? forget who it is, how is this legal or better yet justifiable?:eusa_eh:

As long as they are forced to include and pay ofr Anti America leftwing propaganda by the federal government.

I saw nothing there that showed any Soros involvement.

Funders | Investigative News Network

Funders
Printer-friendly version
The Investigative News Network extends its sincere thanks to our funders, without whom the formation and work of this organization would not be possible.

INN Supporters:

Buzz Woolley

Ethics and Excellence in Journalism Foundation

Knight Foundation

McCormick Foundation

Open Society Institute

Rockefeller Brothers Fund

Surdna Foundation

William Penn Foundation

Glenn Beck's hysterical attacks on George Soros brought the wrath of 400 Rabbis recently, which I'm sure you're aware of. Beck outright lied about George Soros "assisting the Nazis." As a 14-year old boy, George Soros once had to accompany someone who was protecting his Jewish identity to a confiscated Jewish estate. That lying fuckhead Glenn Beck made up his own version, which went something like "Here's a Jewish boy sending Jews to death camps."

And yet YOU and other suckers believe every word that hideous excuse for a man says. Unfuckingbelievable.

I'm not sure if that resulted in Beck's drop in ratings, or if his recent unpopularity is simply a case of more and more people questioning his sanity.

HELLO AMERICA? Glenn Beck Posts Biggest Ratings Drop Of Any Cable News Show In January

As long as they are forced to include and pay ofr Anti America leftwing propaganda by the federal government.

You also said this in an earlier post: "I didn't think the news needed to be more leftwing..."

Murdoch owns many local TV stations and based on our local Fox station, he has been using those outlets to spew out his right wing propaganda. And there have been other stories of local Fox new affiliates do the same thing.
Also, I'd say that right wing talk radio is in every city in the country! Talk about over doing a particular ideology!!! And your crying?
Lastly, who are you to say who is un-American? Based on the number of vets who ran under the Dem banner in the last few years, I'd say calling lefties un-American is complete BS and is totally un-called for. My brother was a lefty and he died in Vietnam fighting for his country. He didn't get drafted he volunteered. Are you calling him un-American?
Just because you disagree with an ideology dos not make them un-American. Are you frikken nuts?

Last edited:
No I suggestion the FCC has some interest in regulating "independant local news " sources following the model of KNSD-VoiceOfSanDiego.org model.
Im not aware of any right wing or centrist Not for prfit news orgs they all seem to be leftwing.
I didnt think the news needed to be more leftwing... there must be a point to it ?

Many of the elements of Copps's proposal suffer from the same defect of subjective values. Copps made it clear that he was discussing "quantifiable" changes in news programming - as opposed to qualitative ones, which would affect the content of coverage, not simply the amount, or the resources devoted to it. But who determines how much local coverage is enough? How "local" does coverage need to be to fall under the definition? Who decides which issues are most important to the community? Copps would say the community would decide, but who reconciles the inevitable disagreements within the community?

Some of those questions have actually been answered in previous examinations of "localism." Under prior formulations of the concept, "community advisory boards" would hold hearings to decide whether broadcast content satisfied the "needs" of the local community. Though it sounds reasonable, those boards would represent direct government control over radio and broadcast television content.

Read more: Is FCC Commissioner Michael Copps Trying to Reinstate the Fairness Doctrine? | NewsBusters.org

These are totalitarian diktats forcing private companies to fund anti-capitalist entities who wish to see their newly conscripted benefactors ended, imposed by a rogue FCC that lords too much power over private agreements between private parties.

Read more: Did FCC Pressure Comcast to Incorporate 'Localism' Into NBC Deal? | NewsBusters.org

Newsbusters??? Oh, well, now THAT lends more credence to the panic. :lol:

I'm seriously beginning to think there must be a gene missing in some of your brains to actually believe all the crap you see on the Internet's heavily biased blogsites.

I don't care who it is, the koch bros., soros, the muppets ..it sounds like, ...that is sounds like the FCC has decided to attach a rider to a merger that tells the buyer they have to hand over a segment of coverage/air time to...well anyone? forget who it is, how is this legal or better yet justifiable?:eusa_eh:

I think what they're probably TRYING to do is get the corporate influence out of news reporting.

"Proponents of the growing nonprofit news movement are hoping that NBC’s FCC-mandated efforts will bear fruit and encourage other commercial TV stations to seek out nonprofit partners."

Fitnah seems to think nonprofit = leftist influence, which is hogwash. I'm interpreting it as the FCC looking for complete nonbias, at least in local reporting. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Fitnah, do you have comments you'd like to direct at all those Fox News affiliates owned by News Corp?
Or how about the fact that the FCC was willing to waive laws to accommodate Murdoch? No outrage there from you? Want it both ways, I guess.

future_apples_oranges.png

Forum List

Back