FBI wants your help in locating polygamy leader Jeffs

No, Quick, I am not, never have been, but have lived in and among them most of my life.

Mormons here include bobblaylock, tyrone weaver, retired gunnery sergeant, and some others. Sundevil perhaps.

They have a WONDERFUL cathedral in Salt Lake City. The last time I visited on the Greyhound, I walked by and beheld the wonder.
On Temple Square, close to my SLC condo, the LDS have a Temple, the old conference center called the Tabernacles (blt 1868), and the Assembly Hall, which I have never stepped a foot in. The Catholic cathedral and the massive Presbyterian church are three blocks east on South Temple and on the north side of the block. SLC is a wonderful city.
I practically lived in the deseret gym playing basketbally between 66-77.
I loved that gym! The only non meat market gym in the city. Told Rolfe that the devil was in the works when it was condemned to build the Conference Center. He did not think I was being funny. I was dead serious. I loved that gym.

No, Quick, I am not, never have been, but have lived in and among them most of my life.

Mormons here include bobblaylock, tyrone weaver, retired gunnery sergeant, and some others. Sundevil perhaps.

They have a WONDERFUL cathedral in Salt Lake City. The last time I visited on the Greyhound, I walked by and beheld the wonder.
On Temple Square, close to my SLC condo, the LDS have a Temple, the old conference center called the Tabernacles (blt 1868), and the Assembly Hall, which I have never stepped a foot in. The Catholic cathedral and the massive Presbyterian church are three blocks east on South Temple and on the north side of the block. SLC is a wonderful city.
I loved that gym! The only non meat market gym in the city. Told Rolfe that the devil was in the works when it was condemned to build the Conference Center. He did not think I was being funny. I was dead serious. I loved that gym.
The manager from construction thru 77 was a dear friend of me and my dad. In fact they served church positions together out in Taylorsville.
The problem, (my own personal opinion) Is the gym employees weren't the best. And second, there's know telling what was going on in those steam rooms. And the Church just saw that as sin and a liability.

Obituary: Wayne Charles Player
Published: Thursday, Oct. 25 2001 12:00 a.m. MDT

Share0 Share0 Tweet0 0 0
Wayne Charles Player, born April 17, 1911, passed away Oct. 24, 2001 at the home of his daughter. He was the eighth of 10 children born to Charles Frederick and Serena Spencer Player. He married Mary Ramshaw, June 19, 1935 in the Salt Lake Temple and they were the parents of four children.

He was born and raised in Bennion, Utah. He served a mission in the Central States Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints which led to his life being dedicated to serving in various capacities in the Church. He knew the Gospel was true and loved to study the scriptures.

He honored his priesthood and served as a Bishop, Stake President, and member of the Young Men's General Board, and was called as a Mission President of the Central States Mission, Independence, Missouri. This was one of the highlights of his life.

His love of sports was also a big part of his life. He worked for the County Park and Recreation Dept. and later was the manager of the old Deseret Gym. He was the Secretary of the Referee's Association as well as a professional referee. He enjoyed the game of Racquetball, winning many tournaments. He was instrumental in the planning for the new Deseret Gym and was manager there until his retirement. He enjoyed many associations and made many lifelong friendships at the Gym.

He loved his family and was a great example to his children and grandchildren and loved being with them. He was a Sealer in the Salt Lake and Jordan River Temple, having the opportunity to Seal many of his grandchildren in the Temple.

He is survived by three children: two daughters, Marilyn (Herman) Brock of Conway, Arkansas, Barbara (Gary) Tibbitts of Taylorsville, a son, Richard Wayne, of Salt Lake City; 10 grandchildren, 21 great-grand-children, and one great-great grand-child. He was preceded in death by his wife, Mary, a son, Lynn, and a grandson, Danny.

We express our appreciation and thanks to Dr. Swithin Chandler and Ruth, Rosie, Shirley and Karen. You are the best! And to Jeannie of Utah's Heritage Hospice for your wonderful care.

Funeral Friday 12 noon at the Taylorsville 1st Ward, 1399 W. 4800 S. Friends and family may call Thursday from 6-8 p.m. at the Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary, 4760 S. State St. and Friday at the church from 10:30-11:45 a.m. Interment Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.

The manager from construction thru 77 was a dear friend of me and my dad. In fact they served church positions together out in Taylorsville.
The problem, (my own personal opinion) Is the gym employees weren't the best. And second, there's know telling what was going on in those steam rooms. And the Church just saw that as sin and a liability.

Share0 Share0 Tweet0 0 0
Wayne Charles Player, born April 17, 1911, passed away Oct. 24, 2001 at the home of his daughter. He was the eighth of 10 children born to Charles Frederick and Serena Spencer Player. He married Mary Ramshaw, June 19, 1935 in the Salt Lake Temple and they were the parents of four children.

He was born and raised in Bennion, Utah. He served a mission in the Central States Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints which led to his life being dedicated to serving in various capacities in the Church. He knew the Gospel was true and loved to study the scriptures.

He honored his priesthood and served as a Bishop, Stake President, and member of the Young Men's General Board, and was called as a Mission President of the Central States Mission, Independence, Missouri. This was one of the highlights of his life.

His love of sports was also a big part of his life. He worked for the County Park and Recreation Dept. and later was the manager of the old Deseret Gym. He was the Secretary of the Referee's Association as well as a professional referee. He enjoyed the game of Racquetball, winning many tournaments. He was instrumental in the planning for the new Deseret Gym and was manager there until his retirement. He enjoyed many associations and made many lifelong friendships at the Gym.

He loved his family and was a great example to his children and grandchildren and loved being with them. He was a Sealer in the Salt Lake and Jordan River Temple, having the opportunity to Seal many of his grandchildren in the Temple.

He is survived by three children: two daughters, Marilyn (Herman) Brock of Conway, Arkansas, Barbara (Gary) Tibbitts of Taylorsville, a son, Richard Wayne, of Salt Lake City; 10 grandchildren, 21 great-grand-children, and one great-great grand-child. He was preceded in death by his wife, Mary, a son, Lynn, and a grandson, Danny.

We express our appreciation and thanks to Dr. Swithin Chandler and Ruth, Rosie, Shirley and Karen. You are the best! And to Jeannie of Utah's Heritage Hospice for your wonderful care.

Funeral Friday 12 noon at the Taylorsville 1st Ward, 1399 W. 4800 S. Friends and family may call Thursday from 6-8 p.m. at the Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary, 4760 S. State St. and Friday at the church from 10:30-11:45 a.m. Interment Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
He was clearly an honorable man. I must have met him but have no memory of it. No poor behavior in the gym or the various rooms was ever witnessed by me. But I was a very naive youngster (and oldster) about such things, so they could have had a Turkish steam bath going on and I would have had no idea.

Share0 Share0 Tweet0 0 0

He was clearly an honorable man. I must have met him but have no memory of it. No poor behavior in the gym or the various rooms was ever witnessed by me. But I was a very naive youngster (and oldster) about such things, so they could have had a Turkish steam bath going on and I would have had no idea.
I have no proof,just my opinion.

They have a WONDERFUL cathedral in Salt Lake City.

The last time I visited on the Greyhound, I walked by and beheld the wonder.
It's a temple. They have one in Boise too. Temples are for special ceremonial rites and after the initial unveiling are generally not open to the public.

I went through Boise on my way to the Snake River in the 70's.

Poem how I nearly drowned in Hells Canyon

FBI offers $50,000 reward for capture of polygamous sect leader Lyle Jeffs

The irony hear is our government allows muslims to receive welfare pmts, etc, etc, up to 4 wives.
This still doesn't mean the Browns won't have their day in court. Brown Family Pushes Polyamory-Orientation To USSC Ultimately For Marriage Equality: A Poll

Nice try though, lumping "all polygamists" in with the Jeff's cult. And you guys are the first ones to label others "bigots!!".

The Browns are a nice family. The women run that show anyway..lol.. Completely different kettle of fish and an "intimate choice" about their own private lifestyle of plolyamorous sexuality. Their brief is due to Sotomayor in just a week or two I think.

The irony hear is our government allows muslims to receive welfare pmts, etc, etc, up to 4 wives.
Polygamy is illegal here...even for Moooooslims. Nice try, tho.
I see you got your ### kicked over at another thread so you decided to come over and lie again.
How do you keep a muslim out of the country that already has 4 wives?? Ya can't
Nice try with the reversal though.

I see you got your ### kicked over at another thread so you decided to come over and lie again.
Bacon. Pass a law that requires all polygamist to eat a BLT in order to enter the USA.

Bacon. Pass a law that requires all polygamist to eat a BLT in order to enter the USA.
Tell all Catholics that have to be faithful to their spouses. It will have as much effect. The Muslim will eat that sammy in a pig's heart beat.

How does Collin Paperneck get away with throwing the old pigskin

How does Collin Paperneck get away with throwing the old pigskin
He won't when he be changin he guvment names Colinmustafa Muhammad X.

Forum List

Back