FBI Director Reports That Abdulmutallab Cooperating

They didn't have to waterboard him or even talk to him. Its called a plea bargain. His lawyer handled the whole thing.

Woner what he got with his plea bargain???

You didn't get this from the article; so, did you just now make that up?

The fact that it was used and got information that prevented attacks proves you wrong.

Um, but it didn't.
Uh, yes it did!

All our buildings in LA are still standing because KSM sang like a canary!

And that is a damn fact!

The reason all the buildings in LA are still standing are:

1. There hasn't been a major earthquake recently.

2. Some border patrol guard got lucky and stumbled on the terrorist sent to blow up LAX.

There has been no (read that as zero, zip, nada) information published that would lead anyone to conclude that any information from KSM resulted in an LA terror plot being interrupted.

That said, it's a free country and you are free to believe nonsense if you choose. But if you want facts, you have to do your homework (which you've never been fond of).

BTW, please include in your thinking that practically everything the CIA put out about waterboarding under the Bush administration was not quite true and has since been corrected.

Last edited:
Um, but it didn't.
Uh, yes it did!

And that is a damn fact!

2. Some border patrol guard got lucky and stumbled on the terrorist sent to blow up LAX.

There has been no (read that as zero, zip, nada) information published that would lead anyone to conclude that any information from KSM resulted in an LA terror plot being interrupted.

That said, it's a free country and you are free to believe nonsense if you choose. But if you want facts, you have to do your homework (which you've never been fond of).

BTW, please include in your thinking that practically everything the CIA put out about waterboarding under the Bush administration was not quite true and has since been corrected.
At some point in time you loony Obamabot clowns need to wake the fuck up!

Living in denial only makes you appear dumber than we already know you clowns to be.

In testimony before a Senate Committee yesterday, Director of The Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I.) Robert Mueller reported that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (the so-called "Underwear Bomber") was cooperating with U.S. Intelligence Officals.

This co-operation came without benefit of torture.

Mueller told Senate Committee Members that Abdulmutallab had been cooperating since at least Thursday of last week, giving valuable information including names, dates and places where Abdulmutallab had met with al-Qeada in Yemen, the group that has since claimed responsibility for the failed attempt to bomb a U.S. Jet Liner over the Christmas Holidays.

Members of Abdulmutallab's Family had been allowed to with him, which according to sources in the F.B.I. was a great factor in his co-operation.

Conservative's had been lining up at the mike, hunting down T.V. Camera's and doing a great amount of posturing over the fact that Abdulmutallab had been given his "Mirianda Rights", which included his right to remain silent and a right to legal representation.

Yet, without torture, without waterboarding or sleep deprivation the suspect has given real actionable intelligence regarding al-Qeada in Yemen, which the U.S. and authorities in Yemen have used to track down members of the cells operating in that country. No torture, no phony Jack Bower types yelling into his ear and cutting him with a knife.

The U.S. has gained more intelligence in this matter by NOT tortureing this man than could have otherwise been expected.

But I just know all those righteous, god fearing, mother loving, flag waving neo-nut butt wads want him to be tortured.

Never mind that torture does not work, very seldom if ever does the person being tortured ever really give up valuable information, they just want the pain to end.

In this case NO TORTURE WORKED.

Who the fuck ever said not toruring someone wouldn't work? Not all people are equal, some can easily be broken, others not.

Glad to hear he is talking, all they probably had to do was offer to patch him up with a new nutsack.

torture does not work.

The fact that the last admin tried to claim it did was to cover for them torturing to get the intell they wanted.

Plea bargains do though. Wonder how much of the farm they gave away to get this dirtbag to talk?? Waterboarding is probably much cheaper and you get the same results.

From the report I heard on the way in to work this morning, there was no plea bargain. The FBI went to Nigeria and got this guy's family to come over and talk with him. It was his family that persuaded him to talk. The report said he gave the FBI names of people who helped him get training, the places he trained, and from whom and where he got the materials for the explosive he carried onto the plane. There was no mention of a plea bargain or if his lawyer tried to interceed between him and his family.

The report also credited the arrest of 10 terrorist in Yemen to the information provided.

So, it looks that in this case, that all of the knee jerk reactions that came flowing out when this guy was mirandized, were once again, much ado about nothing.

Uh, yes it did!

And that is a damn fact!

Living in denial only makes you appear dumber than we already know you clowns to be.

Still waiting on you to post the un-refuted info that says KSM's waterboarding prevented an LA terror attack. You can call anyone all of the names you wish. But until you produce thhe proof, you are the one looking dumber and dumber........even dumbest!

In testimony before a Senate Committee yesterday, Director of The Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I.) Robert Mueller reported that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (the so-called "Underwear Bomber") was cooperating with U.S. Intelligence Officals.

How do you know he wasn't tortured?

torture does not work.

The fact that the last admin tried to claim it did was to cover for them torturing to get the intell they wanted.

Plea bargains do though. Wonder how much of the farm they gave away to get this dirtbag to talk?? Waterboarding is probably much cheaper and you get the same results.

From the report I heard on the way in to work this morning, there was no plea bargain. The FBI went to Nigeria and got this guy's family to come over and talk with him. It was his family that persuaded him to talk. The report said he gave the FBI names of people who helped him get training, the places he trained, and from whom and where he got the materials for the explosive he carried onto the plane. There was no mention of a plea bargain or if his lawyer tried to interceed between him and his family.

The report also credited the arrest of 10 terrorist in Yemen to the information provided.

So, it looks that in this case, that all of the knee jerk reactions that came flowing out when this guy was mirandized, were once again, much ado about nothing.
This guy isn't KSM, or anything like him!

That's what is failing to be understood!

Because his family said that he told them he hadn't been tortured. (J/K....I know of no report concerning torture and this guy one way or the other. But considering there is no pressure coming from the white house to torture anyone anymore, it's a pretty good bet he wasn't tortured.)

This guy isn't KSM, or anything like him!

That's what is failing to be understood!

Actually, considering the mindset of a jihadist, getting info from KSM would have been infinitely easier. That's what you guys don't get. Jihadists are not ashamed of what they are doing. They do not seek to hide what they are doing. Why? Because they think they are doing God's will (just like those missionaries in Haiti). When you are convinced that you are doing God's will, you will tell anyone who asks. Why? Because you are convinced that you're doing God's will!!

Kind of nutty, isn't it?

Because his family said that he told them he hadn't been tortured. (J/K....I know of no report concerning torture and this guy one way or the other. But considering there is no pressure coming from the white house to torture anyone anymore, it's a pretty good bet he wasn't tortured.)

Right.... "Don't tell your family and we won't kill them."

Just believe everything the government tells you. It works best that way.

You know, you people cannot admit when something is good. Your hatred of Obama really is more important than the good of the country. I used to kind of think that, but now I'm sure. It couldn't be anything else.

The facts are these:

-Umar has been cooperating with investigators since last week and has provided fresh intelligence in multiple terrorism investigations.

-A pair of FBI agents flew to Nigeria and persuaded Umar's family to help them. When the agents returned to the U.S., Umar's family came, too. The family was able to convince him to cooperate with the investigators.

-Umar has provided information about his contacts in Yemen, where an Al Qaeda branch has claimed responsibility for the failed attack.

-During testimony on Capitol Hill, FBI Director Robert Mueller and Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair confirmed authorities continue to get intelligence in Umar's case.

"It is also my understanding that Mr. Abdulmutallab has provided valuable information. Is that correct?" Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein asked.

"Yes," Mueller replied.

Mueller then confirmed that the interrogation has continued despite the fact that the suspect had been advised of his right to have a lawyer and remain silent.

Why can't you people be glad about this news?? Because, as I said, you hate the prez more than you love your country. You should all be ashamed.

Why can't you people be glad about this news?? Because, as I said, you hate the prez more than you love your country. You should all be ashamed.

Don't be daft. The guy almost blew up a plane over US soil loaded with Americans because of a lapse in security. Just how is that supposed to make us glad?

Still waiting on you to post the un-refuted info that says KSM's waterboarding prevented an LA terror attack. You can call anyone all of the names you wish. But until you produce thhe proof, you are the one looking dumber and dumber........even dumbest!

They're thinking of Jack Bauer.

Maybe they frightened him by saying he could be waterboarded. Oh wait. The interrogators are supposed to be polite and truthful. My bad.

I hope this info is true. But I believe the WH and the MSM give the public less respect than the terrorists.Its ok to lie to us - but not to dick bombers.

Right.... "Don't tell your family and we won't kill them."

Just believe everything the government tells you. It works best that way.

You're confusing administrations here. There is zero evidence that his family was threatened or coerced in any way. Unless you have some proof. Do you?

Don't be daft. The guy almost blew up a plane over US soil loaded with Americans because of a lapse in security. Just how is that supposed to make us glad?

Maybe because he ratted out everyone else that he knew was involved????

Forum List

Back