FBI data: Hate crimes against LGBT people on the rise

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago

One in five reported hate crimes in the United States last year were directed at gays and lesbians, according to data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation released Monday.

Law enforcement agencies reported 6,222 hate crimes, down slightly from 6,628 in 2010.

There were 7,713 victims and 5,733 offenders, according to the federal law enforcement agency, which maintains the national Uniform Crime Reports statistics.

Websites that allow Gay bashers, haters, and homophobes to spew their filth need to start policing hating speech towards homosexuals.

Websites that allow Gay bashers, haters, and homophobes to spew their filth need to start policing hating speech towards homosexuals.

I don't know about that man. I find homophobes and gay bashers to be absolutely repugnant human beings but they should be allowed to say what they want. I don't want the government telling what I can and can't say on any medium. Also, I don't see the correlation between ignorance on the interwebz and innocent LBGT folks being targeted.

Seems like the sissies are doing pretty well. They get special victim status that no other citizen qualifies for. Who do we see about the 50% male victims of the 98% of male homosexual pedophiles? Do they get special victim status?

I don't know about that man. I find homophobes and gay bashers to be absolutely repugnant human beings but they should be allowed to say what they want. I don't want the government telling what I can and can't say on any medium. Also, I don't see the correlation between ignorance on the interwebz and innocent LBGT folks being targeted.

Their hate talk leads to actions, that's the problem.

One in five reported hate crimes in the United States last year were directed at gays and lesbians, according to data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation released Monday.

Law enforcement agencies reported 6,222 hate crimes, down slightly from 6,628 in 2010.

There were 7,713 victims and 5,733 offenders, according to the federal law enforcement agency, which maintains the national Uniform Crime Reports statistics.

why do you hate free speech?

Your problem is that you are both very limited in perspective, and a control freak. Good place to start your social project is within yourself.

Where did I say that?

Try again.

We need to better monitor speech that promotes violence.

As more come out, there's bound to be more ass kickin'.

40 years ago the LGBT campus rep asked me how I felt- I said well if they leave me alone I'll do the same. That's still my attitude. I really can't stand anyone who gets on a soap box and preaches what I must think and subscribe to. (to that which I must subscribe?)

And.. 4 out of 5 reported hate crimes in the United States last year were NOT directed at gays and lesbians.

If "Hate Crimes" are truly on the rise and it's not simply a case of classifying what never used to be considered a hate crime as a hate crime , as well as activists seeking out victimization , then I would say that's a good thing - it's about time people began fighting back against this insane Agenda.

As are fake hate crimes Fake anti-"gay" "hate crimes" keep piling up I guess the best way to attain political power now days is to become a professional victim.

How may anti-Gay hate crimes were committed in this once scene? The horror!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want the government telling what I can and can't say on any medium. Also, I don't see the correlation between ignorance on the interwebz and innocent LBGT folks being targeted.

The problem with policing the internet is who gets to define what is Gay Bashing and what is simply stressing an opinion . If you listen to the Gay Activists anybody who dares to utter an opinion that is contrary to what the Gay Agenda dictates is a Hater and a homophobe.

That's always possible and more likely when people start talking about how they will hurt others rather than just disagreeing with lifestyles or whatever. Stating that you just don't like people, places or things isn't hate speech, just free speech.

I remember being concerned about the threatening talk from the Black Panthers and other hate groups who talked about killing white people. The left yawned and said it was all talk. Not a shred of concern from the Dems.

Anyone who infringes on the rights of others should be prosecuted to the full extend of the law. If the left makes a big deal about cheap talk because it's idiots who hate gays instead of idiots who hate whites, it shows bias. If people just state that they dislike people or people's choices, it's one thing. Freedom of speech allows people to state opinions, however when people actually talk about harming or killing others, it should be taken seriously.

I would bet that most dangerous criminals don't make their plans known publicly.

Last edited:

Where did I say that?

Try again.

We need to better monitor speech that promotes violence.

A revolution was fought and won to allow all types of speech. Guess you missed out on that minor detail in history class.

I am more worried by black on white violent crime, far more common, and a far more pressing issue.

I am more worried by black on white violent crime, far more common, and a far more pressing issue.

You LIAR!!!!, Oh, wait...no.....no never mind ... that statement was quite accurate. Sorry though, no victim card for you! Thats reserved for the much less prevalent LGBTQ hate crimes. A population of which isn't going to shed any tears for such interracial crimes.

From the FBI's Crime Statistics
http://colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.htmlCrime Rates

Crime Rates
• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs
• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
• Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration
• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
• Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back