Favors for Friends...sheez

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
This afternoon a friend calls freaking out, "A pipe burst, I got water running out from under my house, what should I do". This guy has zero mechanical ability and low money. (In my mind, damn it, call somebody else, it's like 35 degrees and heavy rain, your not really that good of a friend)

So.. I spent my afternoon and early evening crawling under and around a house in mud, rain, spider webs and soaked frozen body, so my friend could save some bucks.

What is it about friends and favors?

This afternoon a friend calls freaking out, "A pipe burst, I got water running out from under my house, what should I do". This guy has zero mechanical ability and low money. (In my mind, damn it, call somebody else, it's like 35 degrees and heavy rain, your not really that good of a friend)

So.. I spent my afternoon and early evening crawling under and around a house in mud, rain, spider webs and soaked frozen body, so my friend could save some bucks.

I very rarely ask favors from friends but I get calls fairly regular, wants up with that?

What is it about friends and favors?

I would say you are one hell of a good friend.

I hope he paid for and got you pissed after that Odyssey.

By the way, I have a toilet that needs unblocking, and I can promise you the drunken night of your life too.

Looks like he saved his favor for a rainy day.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frd53vbCHLg[/ame]

Don't you love it when we have site maintenance at 11:23 everynight, we always get to see who double posts trying to get the site to work.

By the way, I have a toilet that needs unblocking, and I can promise you the drunken night of your life too.

I'm sure we would have one Hell of a night, your humor kills me, I might not survive....:lol:

Double posting :lol:

Looks like your friend saved his favor for a rainy day.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frd53vbCHLg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I'm sure we would have one Hell of a night, your humor kills me, I might not survive....:lol:

You would survive, I look after my freinds.

You would survive, I look after my freinds.
I am one of those friends also, no matter how drunk I am I never leave a man behind.

rl friends are a pain in the ass...wanting to go to bad movies....wanting to do this ..wanting you to do this and that...needy as hell....

then a week before thanksgiving...my life caved in....my family was in trouble...i was a basketcase...crying most of the time...shaking a lot....

and these same pain in the ass rl friends...circled the wagons and formed a protective shield around me...no one ask how we got in this swamp of gators...they just climbed in and pulled me out...

so yea i will be seeing the next fucking twilight movie....with my rl friends....

btw a cyber friend helped me too..see you cant have too many friends...even needy ones..cause you just never know when that need will be yours....

rl friends are a pain in the ass...wanting to go to bad movies....wanting to do this ..wanting you to do this and that...needy as hell....

then a week before thanksgiving...my life caved in....my family was in trouble...i was a basketcase...crying most of the time...shaking a lot....

and these same pain in the ass rl friends...circled the wagons and formed a protective shield around me...no one ask how we got in this swamp of gators...they just climbed in and pulled me out...

so yea i will be seeing the next fucking twilight movie....with my rl friends....

btw a cyber friend helped me too..see you cant have too many friends...even needy ones..cause you just never know when that need will be yours....

I get your point and I agree it's not always fun.

You're a dmaned good friend.

Don't expect the same degree of loyalty, though.

Many people don't appreciate that sort of loyalty and help.

In fact they often come to resent it.

Why?

Beats me.

Many people are just basically one-way selfish idiots.

You're a dmaned good friend.

Don't expect the same degree of loyalty, though.

Many people don't appreciate that sort of loyalty and help.

In fact they often come to resent it.

Why?

Beats me.

Many people are just basically one-way selfish idiots.

Yes and no, I usually drop the ones that are iffy...:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back