Favorite fast food joint and least favorite fast food joint

Habit Burger - Favorite

Subway - Can't Stan' Em!

If anyone is stuck eating at McDonalds, the quarter pounder with cheese deluxe is pretty good. Lots of stuff on it. Messy though. Not for eating while driving.

I agree on popeyes. There putting one near me and will not get my business . I am still waiting for my bbq chicken sandwich from 1982
They have never had good service

Depends on how good the management is, no matter the franchise. For Tex Mex Taco Casa has the best taco and nachos and bean burritos hands down and consistent quality. For burgers one of the local Whataburgers is excellent, the other two nearby suck. Wendy's used to be good, but not any more, and I avoid Jack in the Box at all times now, though some years ago one local one was decent enough.

The fried chicken at Albertson's is a far better deal than Popeye's which is grossly over-priced for what you get, plus they have a big selection of potato salads and other stuff too.

Kentucky upped their quality standards for a while some 20 years ago but let them slide again, and now I couldn't tell you where one is, they closed down. We have Chick Fila, which is good, and a new franchise that is also good but high priced, can't remember the name now, damn it ... Nashville something or other, or is it Red Rooster?

Pizza? I just buy the house Supreme one at Albertson's or Wal mart's for *$8 or so and add sliced black olives, onions, pepperoni, and chopped bell peppers to it; I also will buy Digeorno's 4 cheese when they're on sale and do the same thing. They have the best crust for a frozen pizza so far that I've tried.

I never do Chinese, but I do like Vietnamese spring rolls. they aren't a ' fast food', though.

Jasons Deli is good.
They slice the meat fresh for each sandwich and they make their own bread on site.
Good stuff!!!
Especially like the Beef Eater sandwich,the one on the bottom.
They use tons of meat on all their stuff,they actually look like the sandwich pictured in the menu.
View attachment 450289

They're great, but they aren't 'fast food', are they? Their Reubens are the best.

Thanks for the heads up on Jasons Deli. I dont get to that area much, it is near my home town. It looks good.

Don't go there often, due to distances, but their quality is consistently good at the three franchises I've been to, which means they can keep good help and train them well.

Just going by fast food:

Burgers:
Whataburger down in Texas was really good. So was Culvers.
The worst fast food burger joint (nationwide) is Wendy's. I used to love it...but now it is terrible.

Pizza:
Pizza Hut would be the best by default
Worst? Papa Johns. Had it twice...vomited both times. Honorable Mention for absolute worst. Pizza Patron in Texas. Grease ate through bottom of box onto car seat. True Story.

Chicken:
Chik-Fil-A. Not even Close. Fried Chicken. Popeyes
Worst? Hartz (if they're still around). Orange chicken. I don't mean the Chinese food...the fried chicken is ORANGE!!!!

Sandwhiches:
Tie: Jimmy Johns rules. Potbelly Sandwich Works is right there as well.
But sometimes...you just need a Subway.
Worst? Jersey Mikes. It tastes like nothing. I'm actually impressed that they could make it that bland.

Chinese:
Sort of a default.... Panda Express. When it's good...it's great. When it's bad...it's baaaaad.

Can not even stand Panda Express and Hartz is still around and will send you some...

I hardly eat fast food but one place I hate with a passion is Burger King when it come to Burgers ...

Personally I go for the small no name places for burgers if I go out for fast food and any Asian food I head to Bellaire region of Houston and order there...

Jasons Deli is good.
They slice the meat fresh for each sandwich and they make their own bread on site.
Good stuff!!!
Especially like the Beef Eater sandwich,the one on the bottom.
They use tons of meat on all their stuff,they actually look like the sandwich pictured in the menu.
View attachment 450289

They're great, but they aren't 'fast food', are they? Their Reubens are the best.

I guess you'd call em quasi fast food.

Sadly I have not been to a White Castle in over 20 years now because there isn't one in my area. Do they still have chicken rings on their menu?
Yes, you can get a massive sack of them.
Thank you. Sadly in my area, instead of White Castle, we have a place named Krystal's which is okay, but they do not have chicken rings like White Castle does.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I've had Krystals when in New Orleans, and they are very similar.

Don't hate me, please, but I don't eat fast food.

I cook the meals myself. Fresh veggies, and fish and chicken....fresh fruit.

May be someday I will need to eat fast food sometime, but not now.

For me my favorite is a tie between chipotle and Boston market. Chipotle I get the double steak or chicken burrito bowl. Boston Market I get the half chicken with two sides of spinach or one side of spinach and one side sprouts.

Least favorite is papa john’s. Not too much to say other than their pizza (if you want to call it that) is disgusting, and that butter sauce with the pizza. Who the hell eats butter sauce with thief pizza???
I would say Jimmy Johns is favorite, and least "favorite" would be Taco Bell I guess?
Having said that, it has probably been close to 10 years since I ate at Taco Smell.

Don't hate me, please, but I don't eat fast food.

I cook the meals myself. Fresh veggies, and fish and chicken....fresh fruit.

May be someday I will need to eat fast food sometime, but not now.
I am the same.
Burger joints... haven't eaten at one for...hmm... 3 or 4 years? We were at an airport an we had a quarter pounder. That was the last fast food burger we have eaten.
Occasionally if really lazy, we will order a pizza from Dominoes.
That is pretty much it.

For me my favorite is a tie between chipotle and Boston market. Chipotle I get the double steak or chicken burrito bowl. Boston Market I get the half chicken with two sides of spinach or one side of spinach and one side sprouts.

Least favorite is papa john’s. Not too much to say other than their pizza (if you want to call it that) is disgusting, and that butter sauce with the pizza. Who the hell eats butter sauce with thief pizza???

Favorites are In-N-Out and Chik-fil-a. I don't have a least favorite, because the above two are the only fast food places I patronize.

Habit Burger - Favorite

Subway - Can't Stan' Em!
Subway actually use to be pretty good before they became a behemoth.
Today, mostly it is disgusting.
A typical sandwich will be 70% bread, 25% old, weak off color veggies and a thin micro-layer of meat.

Forum List

Back