Favorite fast food joint and least favorite fast food joint

I love McDonald's fries and nuggets, Burger King's whoppers, and KFC chicken. I don't hate the place, but I have never understood what is so special about Hardee's.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Sadly I have not been to a White Castle in over 20 years now because there isn't one in my area. Do they still have chicken rings on their menu?

Jasons Deli is good.
They slice the meat fresh for each sandwich and they make their own bread on site.
Good stuff!!!
Especially like the Beef Eater sandwich,the one on the bottom.
They use tons of meat on all their stuff,they actually look like the sandwich pictured in the menu.
1611943055563.png

Thanks for the heads up on Jasons Deli. I dont get to that area much, it is near my home town. It looks good.

I'd pick up a couple of the Beef Eaters the day before going fishing,wrap em in foil and toss em on top of the truck engine when we got about 50 miles from our fishing location.
Took awhile to figure out the distance for proper heating but 50 turned out to be the sweet spot.

My favorite guilty pleasure is the Burger King Original Chicken Sandwich. Yes, is basically a pressed patty of chicken scraps, it's salty as all hell, and slathered in Mayonnaise, but it was my go to during childhood, and I guess it's more nostalgia than anything else.

That being said my favorite and least favorite place is White Castle, amazing at 3 AM when you are drunk, not so much at 10 AM when you have to wake up to expunge it.

I love McDonald's fries and nuggets, Burger King's whoppers, and KFC chicken. I don't hate the place, but I have never understood what is so special about Hardee's.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Sadly I have not been to a White Castle in over 20 years now because there isn't one in my area. Do they still have chicken rings on their menu?

Yes, you can get a massive sack of them.

Be tween white castle and Krystals, I take Krystals. Tastey little burgers and the breakfast is pretty decent. White castle never set well on my stomach .The few that opened here did not last long.

For me my favorite is a tie between chipotle and Boston market. Chipotle I get the double steak or chicken burrito bowl. Boston Market I get the half chicken with two sides of spinach or one side of spinach and one side sprouts.

Least favorite is papa john’s. Not too much to say other than their pizza (if you want to call it that) is disgusting, and that butter sauce with the pizza. Who the hell eats butter sauce with thief pizza???
Don't care to get e coli, so I steer clear of Chipotle and El Pollo Loco for that matter. I like Boston Market, but disappointed that they reduced their menu. I dislike Carl's Jr. Overpriced. My favorite is probably Arby's.
I'll pack my own lunch before I'll eat any of that garbage

Yuch. Jesus

Chipotle and Boston market offer healthy choices
Chipotle is healthy if you have immunity to e coli.

For me my favorite is a tie between chipotle and Boston market. Chipotle I get the double steak or chicken burrito bowl. Boston Market I get the half chicken with two sides of spinach or one side of spinach and one side sprouts.

Least favorite is papa john’s. Not too much to say other than their pizza (if you want to call it that) is disgusting, and that butter sauce with the pizza. Who the hell eats butter sauce with thief pizza???
Don't care to get e coli, so I steer clear of Chipotle and El Pollo Loco for that matter. I like Boston Market, but disappointed that they reduced their menu. I dislike Carl's Jr. Overpriced. My favorite is probably Arby's.

Yuch. Jesus

Yeah most choices from chipotle are rich in nutrients, so no clue what you’re speaking of

Fast food joints....

Least favorite is would be little caesars. That microwaved, sitting on a hot rack for 6 hours before you bought it, el-cheapo pizza is the worst tasting crap I have ever had. The only other contender for worst place, would be Cici Pizza, which was the most bland tasteless cheap pizza, covered in rabbit poop pizza, I have ever had. Apparently everyone agreed with me, because every Cici Pizza closed.

My favorite place to eat, would be East of Chicago Pizza, but they closed also. They were not the cheapest Pizza, but every single pizza was fantastic high quality and tasty. And 100% of the time. Never went there and got bad pizza. It was a sad sad day for me, when they closed.

Honestly, the best place to eat for me, is a local independent shop called Louie's Grill. Prices are reasonable, but it's not exactly fast food. More like fast causal. 5 minutes to get a meal, but well worth the 'wait' of 5 minutes. Always good. Every single dish they serve is good.

I realize that doesn't help, since they are local to here, but *shrug*... fast food being 'good' is a stretch. Fast and good, are kind of mutually exclusive.

The only somewhat fast food I could recommend would be maybe Culver's. There is only 2 of those in Columbus Ohio, so not a huge chain... but not bad at all. I can recommend them, for Burgers and Fries. Oh, and they have fantastic Walleye Fish sandwiches usually for month out of the year. Highly highly recommended. Their Walleye fish sandwich is one of the best fish fast food sandwich you can get anywhere.
Round Table has always been my fave for pizza. Great pizza, but on the spendy side. When I really want a good pizza, I'll pay the extra that they charge. It is usually a special occasion though.

Yuch. Jesus

Yeah most choices from chipotle are rich in nutrients, so no clue what you’re speaking of
Research Now you know. Chipotle agrees to pay $25 million federal fine for role in some outbreaks

Togo's is a great sub sandwich chain in CA--they don't serve beer though. Portillo's in Chicago can't be beat for their Chicago Dog. I have mail ordered them because they are so good. Got 10 of them through the mail with all the fixings and a paper hat mail ordered for around $50. Great deal.

Yuch. Jesus

Research Now you know. Chipotle agrees to pay $25 million federal fine for role in some outbreaks

So 1000 people out of millions got sick. Yeah when there’s a recall of lettuce do u never buy ever again?

Yuch. Jesus

So 1000 people out of millions got sick. Yeah when there’s a recall of lettuce do u never buy ever again?
According to the CDC, the cause was unknown. Do you have a crystal ball? Seems that I read that they also had outbreaks of salmonella related sickness. Do you think that came from lettuce too? Sorry, if your sanitation procedures are suspect or as in this case, proven, I'm not eating there. Bon Appetit.

I dont eat much fast food, but when i do, I want taco bell, a sub or pizza.
II prefer little ceasers or papa johns
I have yet to find a sub shop i didnt enjoy

Sadly I have not been to a White Castle in over 20 years now because there isn't one in my area. Do they still have chicken rings on their menu?
Yes, you can get a massive sack of them.
Thank you. Sadly in my area, instead of White Castle, we have a place named Krystal's which is okay, but they do not have chicken rings like White Castle does.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

My favorite is Jimmy Johns and a BBQ place that makes stuffed spuds. My least favorite place is Popeye's. I have actually had food from there one time. The rest of the times I have just sat at the window waiting for someone to actually take my order. Which is ok because they have the sandwiches crossed off the menu and I don't want nothing anyway.

I like Wendy's stuffed baked potatoes--broccoli and cheese is good, but I see it's not on their website anymore. I don't live near a Wendy's - maybe they d/c'd it? Anyway, the chili cheese one is really good, too.

Forum List

Back