Favorite concerts

Earth, Wind and Fire

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOY7lsBVpo]Let's Groove - Earth wind and fire - - YouTube[/ame]

I've been to so many 'favorites' that it's hard to pick just one....I would have to say my all time favorite concert of all time was seeing Metallica in '90. My first concert was AC/DC in '88.
Due to all the candy I ate back then, all the concerts i have been, are pretty much blurred all together...a lot of local bands played in and out of town and I went to most of those shows because I dated the basist in one...and later the drummer of another band that played with them.
Local bands are the best to go see...the clubs are small and the energy is crazy!

I've been to so many 'favorites' that it's hard to pick just one....I would have to say my all time favorite concert of all time was seeing Metallica in '90. My first concert was AC/DC in '88.
Due to all the candy I ate back then, all the concerts i have been, are pretty much blurred all together...a lot of local bands played in and out of town and I went to most of those shows because I dated the basist in one...and later the drummer of another band that played with them.
Local bands are the best to go see...the clubs are small and the energy is crazy!
You saw AC/DC?

That's my favorite band and I've never had the chance to see them in concert.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRQnJyP77tY]AC/DC - Shoot To Thrill (Iron Man 2 Version) - YouTube[/ame]

I have many. This one is one of my favorite live shows of all time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY6iv2kgJOg]Grateful Dead 3-28-1990 Nassau Coliseum set 1 complete - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxjhOaB7xHI]Grateful Dead 3-28-1990 Nassau Coliseum set 2 complete - YouTube[/ame]

You saw AC/DC?

That's my favorite band and I've never had the chance to see them in concert.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRQnJyP77tY]AC/DC - Shoot To Thrill (Iron Man 2 Version) - YouTube[/ame]

Oh yeah! my boyfriend and I were on the floor left of the stage right in front of the PA system...it was nutz...at one point I got on his shoulders so I was almost up close and personal. By the time it was over, I was drenched in sweat..being right in front of the PA system, my ears rung for days after that!
The one concert I have wanted to see BADLY and haven't seen is Ozzy. Even at my nearly 40 year old self I still would like to see him live.

[ame=http://youtu.be/LMLwslRNThM]Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon - live - YouTube[/ame]

Oh yeah! my boyfriend and I were on the floor left of the stage right in front of the PA system...it was nutz...at one point I got on his shoulders so I was almost up close and personal. By the time it was over, I was drenched in sweat..being right in front of the PA system, my ears rung for days after that!
The one concert I have wanted to see BADLY and haven't seen is Ozzy. Even at my nearly 40 year old self I still would like to see him live.

Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon - live - YouTube
I saw Black Sabbath twice.

Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon - live - YouTube
I saw Black Sabbath twice.

My dad got me hooked on Black Sabbath when I was a teen...I loved comparing the Ozzy then, and the Ozzy when he fronted Black Sabbath.

Let's see:

Jethro Tull (Opening act: Robin Trower) in Tampa Stadium, around 1975

Kansas at the Lakeland Civic Center in 1977

Heart (OA: John Cougar) in Birmingham, AL in 1982/83

Gino Vannelli, Jacksonville, FL in 1999

Gino Vannelli in Atlanta, 2013

And this one was awesome - Sunday, May 27, 1979 in Orlando:

AC/DC (w/Bon Scott) - If You Want Blood tour
Poco
Doobie Brothers - Minute By Minute tour
Boston - Don't Look Back tour

Let's see:

Poco
Jethro Tull was good. I saw them 4 times.

As far as the concerts I've been to:

Deep Purple
Black Sabbath (twice)
Jethro Tull (4 times)
Chicago (w/ Terry Kath)
Sammy Hagar
Led Zeppellin (twice)
Pink Floyd (twice)
Eagles
Greatful Dead (twice)
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Yes (twice)
Alvin Lee (1-1/2 times)
Bob Dylan
J-Geils Band (twice)
Nirvana
Chili Peppers
Eric Clapton (6 times)
Bruce Springsteen (4 times)
The Who (5 times - only once with Keith Moon)
Blues Brothers
Allman Brothers (twice)
Jeff Beck
Fleetwood Mac
Jefferson Starship
Santana (twice)
Blackmores Rainbow
Alice Cooper
Rolling Stones
Oingo Boingo
Sheena Easton
Olivia Newton John​
I don't want any shit for the last two!

I was trying to get laid, so give me a break!

Last edited:
I would never give you shit about Sheena Easton. She had an awesome voice and was so hot.

ETA:

Sheena Easton is the only artist in the history of the US Billboard charts to have a top 3 hit on each of the Billboards key charts consecutively: Adult Contemporary, Dance, Pop, Country, and R&B.

Last edited:
Let's see:

Poco

Saw Tull, Kansas, Boston, Heart, JC, Doobies

All were great! Well worth the Money

Let's see:

Poco

I saw Heart on the Passionworks tour, which wasn't a great album but was the first with drummer Denny Carmassi, who kicks ass. He was the drummer for Montrose and Sammy Hagar, among others. Does a lot of rock session work, too.

Let's see:

Poco

I saw Heart on the Passionworks tour, which wasn't a great album but was the first with drummer Denny Carmassi, who kicks ass. He was the drummer for Montrose and Sammy Hagar, among others. Does a lot of rock session work, too.

I forgot all about Montrose!

God I love this forum!

Saw him, was anything but impressed, but he might have had an off night. No energy at all
What! Oh I can't believe this! What are you? Some kind of terrorist sympathizer....

...um.....what thread is this?

Sorry, my bad!

I thought I was in one of the political threads...

Forum List

Back