Favorability Polls. What do They Really Mean?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
It makes no sense to me that media outlets constantly tell us how Trump cannot be elected because he does so badly in the polls about this. I wonder why they zone in on Trump and not the others. Is it because he's taking $$$ out of their pockets? Just think of those losing money because they can't produce, distribute, and sell political ads for him. Or the media outlets losing the revenue for airing them.

Well, if one takes the time to check it out, it appears that almost NONE of the current candidates are doing all that well. Here are some excerpts from the 2016 Candidate Favorability Ratings from RealClear Politics @ RealClearPolitics - 2016 Candidate Favorability Ratings
Favorable Unfavorable
Clinton 3/3-4/4 40.2 54.2
Cruz 3/3-4/4 32.3 53.4
(Biden) 9/17-3/29 47.4 36.6
Sanders 3/16-4/3 47.6 42.3

And it had nothing for Trump or Kasich

But then, The Politico Polling Center shows these results:

2016 New York Republican Primary
Monmouth University
April 3-5, 2016
302 likely Republican primary voters
Margin of error: +/- 5.6

R Donald Trump 52%
R John Kasich 25%
R Ted Cruz 17%
Undecided 6%

Read more: Latest Poll Results: 2016 Elections, Approval Ratings & Issues

2016 California Republican Primary
The Field Poll
March 24-April 4, 2016
558 likely Republican primary voters
Margin of error: +/- 4.0

R Donald Trump 39%
R Ted Cruz 32%
R John Kasich 18%
Others/undecided 11%

2016 Democratic Primary
McClatchy-Marist
March 29-31, 2016
497 Democratic and Democratic-leaning independent voters
Margin of error: +/- 4.4

I Bernie Sanders 49%
D Hillary Clinton 47%
Undecided 4%
Other 1%

And I see nothing for the New York Democrat primary.

I will repeat, what do all these polls REALLY mean? And why the blanks? Any of you who can fill those in will be appreciated.

Good polling is expensive so polls tend to be commissioned in markets where they are critical and they don't always do favorable/unfavorable in each market. They zone in on Trump because his unfavorables are shockingly bad, around a -39 net favorability rating. Primary voters are backing a guy who has no chance whatsoever to win the general election. Face it, Trump is a pig in his attitude towards women and minorities. Politifact has rated him by far the biggest liar in the race. He's a classic case of narcissistic personality disorder. It all adds up to a very good con man who is a master media manipulator. The vast majority of Americans see right through him, thus his incredibly high unfavorables.

Good polling is expensive so polls tend to be commissioned in markets where they are critical and they don't always do favorable/unfavorable in each market. They zone in on Trump because his unfavorables are shockingly bad, around a -39 net favorability rating. Primary voters are backing a guy who has no chance whatsoever to win the general election. Face it, Trump is a pig in his attitude towards women and minorities. Politifact has rated him by far the biggest liar in the race. He's a classic case of narcissistic personality disorder. It all adds up to a very good con man who is a master media manipulator. The vast majority of Americans see right through him, thus his incredibly high unfavorables.

Face it, Trump is a pig in his attitude towards women and minorities.

It is ONLY the media that reports this to be true. Everybody who knows and works with/for him claim the truth to be otherwise.

Again, a matter of what the pollsters and media WANTS you to believe.

Forum List

Back