‘Fat Activist’ Speaks at Public Health School, Denounces ‘Thin Privilege’

Liberals are constantly looking for new ways to be assholes, and this is it right now, yelling at people for being "privileged" if they belong to any group that isn't "disadvantaged" in some way. Liberals are unhappy people, and they should all jump off a pier and drown themselves.

A lady is not 'Liberals' anymore than a Nevada Rancher opening a speech with 'Let me tell you about the Negro' is 'Conservatives'.

When I read news like these in the OP ...I think that there is a place for a WW3 .

The stupidity of some in the human race has reached limits beyond normal help.

:dunno:

Okay, so "Thin Privilege" is something I have to admit to having. I eat butter by the stick, nothing sticks to me...

Wanna scare the fuck out of a fattie? Show em these.....

Heavy+dumbbells.JPG

Okay, so "Thin Privilege" is something I have to admit to having. I eat butter by the stick, nothing sticks to me...

And I have to work out 10 to 12 hours a week just to keep myself in decent shape.

Life's not fair. I got used to the idea a long time ago.

Sorry for that, it's a struggle I know. Practically my entire family struggles with weight as well as many many of my friends. :/

Sorry for that, it's a struggle I know. Practically my entire family struggles with weight as well as many many of my friends. :/

Sigh.....you go back in other people's families and you find kings and queens. You go back in mine its peasants, farmers, miners and horse thieves.

The plus side is, if we stay active we live comfortably into our 90s. Plus, the endorphins are a rush.

Liberals are constantly looking for new ways to be assholes, and this is it right now, yelling at people for being "privileged" if they belong to any group that isn't "disadvantaged" in some way. Liberals are unhappy people, and they should all jump off a pier and drown themselves.

A lady is not 'Liberals' anymore than a Nevada Rancher opening a speech with 'Let me tell you about the Negro' is 'Conservatives'.
She is not an outlier, she is pushing one of the main items on the liberal agenda, which is to put the majority constantly on the defensive, and to intimidate them into silence. Don't tell me she is just one person, she isn't. She's working for the liberal machine.

She is not an outlier, she is pushing one of the main items on the liberal agenda, which is to put the majority constantly on the defensive, and to intimidate them into silence. Don't tell me she is just one person, she isn't. She's working for the liberal machine.

Which is why you cited the vast hordes of liberals who lamented about 'thin privilege'.

And not just this one lady.

Oh, wait....

Sigh.....you go back in other people's families and you find kings and queens. You go back in mine its peasants, farmers, miners and horse thieves.

The plus side is, if we stay active we live comfortably into our 90s. Plus, the endorphins are a rush.

That's actually the opposite of what I'd expect on a idk "historical" basis - ie my family is German, over there in history fat meant wealthy. It was the peasant class that remained thin by virtue of working constantly.

Though I honestly don't believe there is any "be all, end all" relationship. Take for example my husband, I got him one of those FitBits for his latest "I gotta lose some weight" moments (they come about every couple years) - Thing says he burns an average of 4k calories a day, yet he is consuming nowhere near that and he is still overweight... Vs myself who basically sits at the computer all day and has been known to consume 3k calories for breakfast if the food is good enough... It's certainly not fair heh

That's actually the opposite of what I'd expect on a idk "historical" basis - ie my family is German, over there in history fat meant wealthy. It was the peasant class that remained thin by virtue of working constantly.

And that's the rub. If we work constantly, we're svelte as fuck. If we don't......we look like we should have Han Solo frozen in carbonite as a coffee table.

In short, we're built to work. Not built to not.

Though I honestly don't believe there is any "be all, end all" relationship. Take for example my husband, I got him one of those FitBits for his latest "I gotta lose some weight" moments (they come about every couple years) - Thing says he burns an average of 4k calories a day, yet he is consuming nowhere near that and he is still overweight... Vs myself who basically sits at the computer all day and has been known to consume 3k calories for breakfast if the food is good enough... It's certainly not fair heh

Laughing.......I hate you just a little.

So I guess being a fat unhealthy pig is the new victim group now. Apparently, I'm privileged because I have the motivation to get off my ass and exercise six days a week whether it be weight training, running, or martial arts, and have the will power not to eat like shit.

I don't expect everybody to have my lifestyle, but don't start screaming victim because of your own self inflicted laziness and gluttony.....

Bigot! Your unacknowledged enjoyment of Fit Privilege is a micro aggression that violates the safe space of those victims of the paternalistic corpulence oppression that the Twinkie-Industrial complex has been imposing on the big and squishy for far too long! Flab Lives Matter! No Jujyfruits, no peace!

So I guess being a fat unhealthy pig is the new victim group now. Apparently, I'm privileged because I have the motivation to get off my ass and exercise six days a week whether it be weight training, running, or martial arts, and have the will power not to eat like shit.

I don't expect everybody to have my lifestyle, but don't start screaming victim because of your own self inflicted laziness and gluttony.....

Bigot! Your unacknowledged enjoyment of Fit Privilege is a micro aggression that violates the safe space of those victims of the paternalistic corpulence oppression that the Twinkie-Industrial complex has been imposing on the big and squishy for far too long! Flab Lives Matter! No Jujyfruits, no peace!

LOL!

Okay, that's funny.

I don't expect everybody to have my lifestyle, but don't start screaming victim because of your own self inflicted laziness and gluttony.

Shouldn't we just ban forks and make people eat with chopsticks? Outside of Sumo wrestlers, you just don't see many fat Asians.....

e2370347f9c1f8fdd7cd7cb19336ee38.jpg

Parents need to be involved in their kids schools MORE THAN ever before. who allows someone to come and do this to OUR KIDS? Thank gawd my kids are done with these commie camps they now call, schools. This is child abuse
Commie camps, what!? Do the do maneuvers and plan the over throw of the world?

I don't expect everybody to have my lifestyle, but don't start screaming victim because of your own self inflicted laziness and gluttony.

I wish I could have been there, so i could give him a good dose of laughing at while he spoke...

Shouldn't we just ban forks and make people eat with chopsticks? Outside of Sumo wrestlers, you just don't see many fat Asians.....
I have seen many fat Asians....

The real shame here is that a valuable message could be had in telling people (especially teen girls) that they don't have to look exactly like an SI swimsuit model to be healthy.

.....But they shouldn't look like Mike Huckabee, either.

It is true that poor people in "food deserts" in the U.S. face a real problem associated with getting proper nutrition. Sure, we can preach "cook a good meal with rice and fish", but that's more expensive and time-consuming for, say, a single mother working two jobs who can instead quickly and cheaply make PBJs for her family. Good nutrition needs to be more emphasized in schools and we need more healthy foods available in poorer neighborhoods. And people who work full time shouldn't be so stressed and cash-strapped that they can't adequately care for themselves and their family.

And who can grow an herb garden when you live in a housing project??

"It is true that poor people in "food deserts" in the U.S. face a real problem associated with getting proper nutrition."

Do you ever post anything not directly from the DNC, NYTimes, MSNBC....????

Ever????

Hand-Wringers, Wrong Again.

1."The food desert myth
It's an article of faith thatpoor people in the inner cities get fat because they lack fresh produce --and it's dead wrong

2. Almost nobody has a weight problem in West Harlem.

3. Or at least they’re not supposed to, because Fairway is smack in the heart of it, selling fresh produce at decent prices and even offering a free shuttle service for neighborhood residents. It’s been there for over 15 years — that is, a generation of people have grown up alongside it.

4. But obesity is much more prevalent in West Harlem than in Greenwich Village. This is a problem for the idea that “food deserts” make poor people disproportionately overweight.

5. The story goes that supermarkets with low-priced fresh vegetables and fruit moved out of poor neighborhoods amidst white flight. This, we are told, left residents with paltry and overpriced produce from bodegas. The result: salty, fattening fast food and junk food as the only viable alternatives.

a.The idea is now so entrenched that undergraduates often cite it earnestly. It’s on the tonguetips of people at any Blue America dinner party. It sticks easily in the memory and even feels good, because it entails that the obesity problem is due in part to racism. The institutional kind, mind you — maybe call it injustice.

b. Hence the food desert idea is now common wisdom. Yet it’s impossible to live in New York and not suspect that something doesn’t quite work about this thesis.

6. The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s food desert locator, for example — unveiled in 2011 — found almostno food deserts in New York Cityexcept in some of the wide-open spaces near Kennedy airport.

7. ...academic studies only had so much to tell us about whether there was a correlation between waistline size and how far away the supermarket is. But these days, the data is in....last year,a major study under the Nutrition Transition Program led by Dr. Barry Popkin showed that proximity of supermarkets has not affected people’s eating habits,...

a. ...the evidence is becoming crushing that the emperor has no clothes. Helen Lee’s study at the Public Policy Institute now confirms the impression that a walk around New York City suggests:Nationwide, the neighborhoods with lots of bodegas and fast food joints also tend to be the ones with the most supermarkets.

8. Roland Sturm at RAND studied 13,000 California children and then middle school students nationwide. He found, both times, that a supermarket close by doesn’t make a kid thin and living far from one doesn’t make him fat.Michelle Obama’s Healthy Food Initiativeis well intended. But her claim that “if people want to buy a head of lettuce” they have to “take two or three buses, maybe pay for a taxicab, in order to do it,” justdoesn’t jibe with the facts.

9. The key point is thatsupermarkets have never been inaccessible to poor peoplein the way that we have been told.... How you eat is due as much to cultural preferences as to how far away a supermarket is.

a.For black people... the problem is more a matter of history than where the Key Food is....Southern blacks brought their culinary tastes north. Zora Neale Hurston used to bless her friend Langston Hughes with fried chicken dinners.

b. It’s what soul food is, and it’s unclear to me that anyone would deny its centrality to black culture. If I am at an event where one of the main reception snacks is fried chicken drummies, it is almost certainly a black one. The person who makes collard greens with hamhocks is usually not white.

10. Another thing to target is what people consider a schlep to be. One typical “food desert” piece interviews a woman of 50 who considers 12 blocks a daunting distance to the supermarket. But I’m 46 and that’s how far the nearest supermarket is from me.Are we who work out and pride ourselves as walking New Yorkersdoing poor people a favor by calling it racism when the supermarket is a 15 minute walkdown the road?

11.... the studies are clearly showing that we have to put on a different pair of glasses for this issue. ...we must do this with the welfare of the people in mind, not as a way of making ourselves feel good about our own enlightenment.

Poor people do have access to healthy food: This is good news. If anyone finds it unwelcome, inconvenient or even just unengaging, we must question their motives."
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-04-22/news/31380139_1_food-desert-supermarkets-west-harlem

Do you ever post anything that's not from the Daily news or Breitbart or Heritage.org? What a fucking assclown you are. Kill yourself.

Forum List

Back