Fast and furious scandal: Suspected triggerman in border agents murder arrested

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Breaking News: The cartel member suspected of shooting and killing U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry in 2010 with a gun supplied by the U.S. government was arrested in Mexico Wednesday, senior law enforcement, Border Patrol, and congressional sources told Fox News.

upload_2017-4-12_22-21-19.png

Fast and Furious scandal: Suspected triggerman in border agent's murder arrested
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The poor man died at the hands of " Obama and his crooked bastard ways" ....... With our guns and all the while this swirled around oh it was all such a Conspiracy........

• Banned
An anonymous gun dealer in Arizona recently recounted how he participated in selling multiple guns to straw purchasers amid “Operation Fast and Furious” at the behest of the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The ill-planned scheme, which started in 2009 and reportedly ended in 2013 under the Obama administration, sought to trace guns sold to Mexican cartels by straw purchasers. The operation came to a head when a “Fast and Furious” weapon was found at the scene where US Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was gunned down.

Sitting down with humor magazine Cracked, “James,” a former worker at a gun store in Phoenix, said he was contacted by the ATF after making a few sales of Barrett .50 caliber rifles to suspicious people.

“I was working in a very large gun store in Phoenix at the time, and we sold everything,” James says. “I got a phone call one day on the shop line, and a guy was looking for a Barrett .50 cal, which is not a crazy weapon in terms of how available they are.”

The dealer describes how the $10k high-caliber rifle, powerful enough to shoot through a light tank, was highly popular among straw purchasers, who would pay with bundles of cash, rarely purchased accessories and really knew nothing about the gun.

” … as I’m ringing up the transaction, he has one of those little drawstring backpacks. He pulls a paper bag out, takes out 10 grand in cash rubber-banded in thousand dollar increments. It was weird that, one, he came in with $10,000 cash. And he didn’t want any ammo for it or any optics for it. He didn’t know much about it beside the fact that he wanted it.”

The dealer said despite suspecting something was awry, the business continued to sell guns for literal bundles of cash.

” … then, we started getting more and more phone calls over the weeks. Same questions. We had four or five come in … that first guy came in five or six times, saying he was starting a collection. You don’t buy five to six of the same 10k rifle for a collection.”

At that point the ATF was contacted, but rather than put a stop to the sales, they asked select gun shop employees at the store to keep selling to the suspected straw buyers, and in addition fill out paperwork for the agency.

“The ATF said, ‘Don’t refuse ’em, just let ’em go. Do it.’ And we’re on commission at the time, so all of us involved are like … sweet! It got to the point where we would give the ATF our cellphone numbers. They only wanted a couple of us dealing with it … fill out this form, have the money counted, so we can bring drug dogs in to check the bills for drugs. There were undercover agents in the store, sometimes.”

“Once the ATF was more involved, we had a separate set of paperwork. You took their 4473 [the form you fill out to buy a gun] and transcribed all that, then it asked what type of transaction it was, how many 100s, how many 50s, how many 10s, ones. Then, basic questions: Did you feel they knew what they were buying? Did they buy ammo? Accessories?”

“James” says after that, Barrett sales began to skyrocket.

” … it started to get more and more severe. We were placing special orders with Barrett because we couldn’t keep up [with] demand. At one point, it was probably four to five of these rifles a week. Also FN57 pistols … but, the Barretts were the big one.”

He also described how cartels would often choose inconspicuous people to make the purchases, including clean-cut white and hispanic men.

“These kids weren’t sketchy looking dudes; they were all clean-cut, and some were Hispanic. But, one boy was a white boy who told me he had served. We had a bunch of light machine guns, like an M249 SAW … what caught me off guard is that he and I shot the crap about that one ..............................

Dealer Describes How He Sold ‘Fast & Furious’ Weapons for ATF

Forum List

Back