Fascist America! Great job BUSH VOTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Joan
Quite an interesting read there Jones - but it neglects to show who wrote these biographies - got any clue? The author seemed to write glowing accounts of both Slick Willy and JFK - and even if there were more than 1 DUI - it sure as hell doesn't stink as much as blatant adultery!

Are you saying putting someone's life in danger is better than adultary?

You know Dubya's nickname for laura is "a lump on the bed". What kind of respect is that?

Did you get that nickname straight from Dubya - or is that just something someone SAID he called her. Between Slick and JFK, you could write volumes about their women! As for putting someone's life on the line, can I draw your attention to the theory behind the death of Marilyn Monroe? Granted, it is probably a biased report, just as the presidental biographies appear to be! And a DUI while of college age? How many of us can honestly say we never drove when we had a few too many - I know I did! And yes, many here may had committed adultery once - but between those two, they bedded enough women to fill the state of Rhode Island. And I rest my case - time for bed!

Originally posted by jimnyc
Other than not seeing Bush commit murder & rape or have a drug overdose? No.

Jimnyc, Im starting to think you are a true believer. Ends justify means, RIGHT?
-starting a new arms race
-pulling out of kyoto treaty
-and withdrawing from a treaty to establish an international war-crimes court.

How is this in any way good for the world?
Did he ever state the reasons why he did this? I dont think he can, and thats why he didnt.

Jones,

If you could get some of your information from the AP, or CNN, then I'd would be all the more likely to believe your claims.

Originally posted by Crescendo
Jones,

If you could get some of your information from the AP, or CNN, then I'd would be all the more likely to believe your claims.

this is an absurd statement, but I'm going to refrain from flaming your ass 'cause I've already criticized too many others for chasing away new posters.

welcome to the boards. Stick around, it could get interesting.

Jones didn't site them as evidence, he said they were interesting. As far as I know, "interesting" is in the eye of the beholder, and does not make any meta-physical claim to the quality of interest. Jones didn't ask us to "believe" anything in that post, he simply offered them as potentially interesting reading.

That apart from the fact that this entire thread appeals not to objective news reports (and since when did CNN start being hyped as the paradigm of objectivity?) but rather to arguments of value. Jones' argument has, from the beginning, been an appeal to a certain concept of ethics, and as should be readily apparent, an "objective" news source like AP would have nothing to add to the question. Since when does a conversation revolving around which is worse, adultery or drunk driving, or Bushs or Kennedys, or chocolate or vanilla need to appeal to objectivity? Your answer would depend on your individual tastes and values, no more no less. Which is not to devalue it! I have found a lot of these posts, from all sides, "interesting".

so much for not flaming. LOL. My welcome to you, Crescendo, was sincere. Just don't expect to post anything more controversial than "roses are flowers" and not be challenged on it from some direction. There are a lot of very "interesting" people and opinions here, and I am but one more animal in the zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back