Farewell, Maureen

One thing, can we quit the obit threads as though someone we actually knew personally died? I'm all for memorializing people, but especially with actors (read, professional liars) all we know about them more often than not was their acting personalities.

Anyone old enough to have an opinion that means a damn thing knows who Maureen O'Hara was, herbert.

There was a thread earlier about favorite Kevin Kline movies, because it is his birthday.

a lovely talented actress passed away today, at the age of 95.

I thought a thread about her movies was appropriate.

I still watch At Swords Point when it's on.

She played the daughter of one of the Three Musketeers.

Very much the tomboy, was Maureen

Any movie she was in, I loved.
Thank you Maureen for the memories. You were a wonderful lady.

RIP

One thing, can we quit the obit threads as though someone we actually knew personally died? I'm all for memorializing people, but especially with actors (read, professional liars) all we know about them more often than not was their acting personalities.
If you don't click on it, it's like it doesn't even exist. It's true. I read it on the Internet.

Nobody has mentioned Miracle on 34th Street? I'm fond of the Quiet Man myself. Read on Cnn that she passed awy surrounded by her family, listening to the music from that film - her favorite movie.

also, i'm 32, but classics are classics

To be buried next to her WWII hero husband...

Irish-born actress to be laid to rest at Arlington Cemetery
Saturday 7th November, 2015 - Irish-born screen icon Maureen O'Hara is to be buried with her husband Monday in Virginia's Arlington Cemetery.
The Quiet Man and Miracle on 34th Street star died on Oct. 24 at her home in Idaho. She was 95. The Irish Independent said she will be laid to rest beside her late husband, U.S. Air Force officer and World War II hero, Lt. Col. Charles Blair, who died in a plane crash in the Caribbean in 1978.

uni1446954421.jpg

The actress reportedly said shortly before she died that she wanted to be buried with her husband. Her funeral is set for Monday morning and interment will take place in the afternoon.

Among O'Hara's many other film classics were Jamaica Inn, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, How Green Was My Valley, The Spanish Main, Rio Grande and Against All Flags. The actress was presented with an honorary Oscar for her body of work in 2014.

Irish-born actress to be laid to rest at Arlington Cemetery

Forum List

Back