Far right extremists going way too far in tearing down Obama

That shows how stupid you are. You will bite your nose off to spite your face. You do not even uderstand compromise.

Compromise is a pragmatic way of getting as much of what you want as you can when you cannot get it all.
You will take nothing if you cannot get it all and someone calls you a name.
Stupid is as Stupid does.

Compromising away the Constitution produces a bastardized government. Not going to do that. We have a bastardized government already.

The Constitution would have never been written without compromise.
Read the process and compromise that was used by our founding Fathers in writing the document.

You are an example of someone who thinks they know the principles are nation was built on but in actuality you do not.

Just what is it that you think you have to offer? Huh? First you get to ridicule, call us names, demaean our positions and then you want us to kiss your ass to get a piece of whatever it is you think is so wonderful.. Enlighten?

That shows how stupid you are. You will bite your nose off to spite your face. You do not even uderstand compromise.

Compromise is a pragmatic way of getting as much of what you want as you can when you cannot get it all.
You will take nothing if you cannot get it all and someone calls you a name.
Stupid is as Stupid does.

Compromising away the Constitution produces a bastardized government. Not going to do that. We have a bastardized government already.

The Constitution would have never been written without compromise.
Read the process and compromise that was used by our founding Fathers in writing the document.

You are an example of someone who thinks they know the principles are nation was built on but in actuality you do not.

They compromised during the process of writing the law. You don't compromise away the foundation and not expect for the house to leak, shift, or sink.

That was a very poor retort. What I said is true. Either we follow the law, or we properly amend the law.

If I say I am against something and then compromise with someone else on that issue, that means I wasn't actually against it, because I compromised away a principle I believed in. Compromise away principles and all you have left are preferences.

I agree there was vehement criticism of Bush. Much was very hateful.

But the focus of the criticism on Bush was that he was extremely stupid. Not that he is not even an American citizen who is like Hitler.

There were the same claims against Bush that are being against Obama in that he was breaking the constitution by taking our rights away. The solution that was most prevantly discussed was impeachment. I am hearing revolt and coup from the extreme opponents of Obama.

There is no doubt that Bush was one of the most criticized Presidents in our history. Many more vehemently criticized Bush than are criticizing Obama.

But the flavor of the extreme Obama haters is different than we have seen in the past. There appears to be a call to action that could threaten our system. The vast majority of the criticism in the past has stayed within our system.

Our system stays alive with compromise. The right wingnuts do not understand compromise.

Let's see, you use terms like "right wingnut", "birther", "t-bagger", etc, nothing belittling or confrontational about those terms. Glad to see you compromise like that.

Our political system is built on freeedom of speech, open diagreement and discussion.
We can have disagreement and have regime change without a revolt or a political coup. That is what has been the basis of the success of our country.

Dispite vigorous disagreement their has been a base of civility.

The far right extremists are going beyond reason and civility. Their criticism is based on lies that are intended to play on emotion rather than reason; birthers, death boards etc. Their goal is not to produce discussion but to encourage revolt.
Horrific claims and polls are showing up on line.
Obama's dissenters are claiming similarities of Obama to Hitler. An articiles has been written on whether a military coup is appropriate.

Strong and heated disagreement has been part of our system from the beginning. But I do agree there is something very different and very wrong with todays political climate.

What is out of line in our system is not Obama and his administration. What is out of line is the far right extremists and the tactics of lies playing on emotion to undermine our system.
You should have thought of this when the mainstream left was doing this to Chimp and the GoP for 8 years.

They are paying you back in your own coin, if you don't like it, you have nobody to blame but yourselves.

There can be no compromise with wingnuts like willow and others. If you hate the Constitution as many of the far rightoids here do, they are walking on the wrong side of me. You guys are in the minority, and there you will remain. Your behavior is self-fulfilling prophecy: act small, remain small.

Long as I think and behave 180 degress from you I will walk Tall. Very Tall.

You are not tall, midget. You just think you are clever.:eusa_whistle:

But the focus of the criticism on Bush was that he was extremely stupid. Not that he is not even an American citizen who is like Hitler.

There were the same claims against Bush that are being against Obama in that he was breaking the constitution by taking our rights away. The solution that was most prevantly discussed was impeachment. I am hearing revolt and coup from the extreme opponents of Obama.

There is no doubt that Bush was one of the most criticized Presidents in our history. Many more vehemently criticized Bush than are criticizing Obama.

But the flavor of the extreme Obama haters is different than we have seen in the past. There appears to be a call to action that could threaten our system. The vast majority of the criticism in the past has stayed within our system.

Our system stays alive with compromise. The right wingnuts do not understand compromise.
If Obama didn't have his party apparchiks controlling both houses they wouild be talking about impeaching Barry the perpetual campaigner.

This jackass is the same as Bush, the only things different are he speaks better and is a Democrat.

Let's see, you use terms like "right wingnut", "birther", "t-bagger", etc, nothing belittling or confrontational about those terms. Glad to see you compromise like that.

Each term is accurate and reflective of the unreasoning, uncritical knee-jerk reactioniaries who dare to defile the flag by saying they love the Constitution. I suggest you very carefully consider your behavior. I will defend your freedom of speech. Cross the line into criminal behavior, however, you better hope the BHOs have closed the secret prisons.

Some on the far left used similar tactics against Bush; that was a small minority who spread rumors and used personal attacks. It was not an organized full scale surge as we witness today, nor did it begin before Bush took the oath of office.
People such as Dude want to rewrite history; he and others wrap themselves in the flag and pretend to believe in our Constitution and the principle of liberty and justice. They don't; the insurrgent right wing in the US today is Authoritarian and doesn't have any loyalty to our nation or it's citizens - they are motivated by self interest and react out of hate and fear.

Maybe you don't recall, they were calling chimp an 'illeagal president' BEFORE he was in office due to the Florida debacle.

And it was not fringe extremists attacking chimpola, unless you consider Moveon, dailkos and huffington post extremists.

Both sides behave the same way for the same goals, which is why I oppose both parties.

Each term is accurate and reflective of the unreasoning, uncritical knee-jerk reactioniaries who dare to defile the flag by saying they love the Constitution. I suggest you very carefully consider your behavior. I will defend your freedom of speech. Cross the line into criminal behavior, however, you better hope the BHOs have closed the secret prisons.
Is that warning?
How about if you tell me where my behavior has been even remotely criminal?

You are the perfect AssHole! I just gotta say it!

Is that warning?

sounded like a commie bastard threat to me.

Is that warning?

Sounds like he want's to fling false assumptions and false accusations.
People do that when they can't address the actual points in a post.

Is that warning?

What I am telling you is to make sure that your silly opinions do not lead you to break the law. If you think that is a warning, then that's on you.

Is that warning?

Sounds like he want's to fling false assumptions and false accusations.
People do that when they can't address the actual points in a post.

I addressed your points accurately. Don't dish if you can't take it, either you or willow. I have found the far rightoids, with a few exceptions, are wussies who talk big and run like scared cats. Oh, excuse me, willow.

You are the perfect AssHole! I just gotta say it!

When you do not have an intelligent thought to share the old stand by is to call someone an AssHole or other term that is a reflection of your IQ.

Is that warning?

What I am telling you is to make sure that your silly opinions do not lead you to break the law. If you think that is a warning, then that's on you.

You going point out what my "silly opinions" were? Or just fling more shit on the wall and hope it sticks?
You have a bad habit of generalizing and stereotyping anybody you happen to disagree with.

Don't forget, if you disagree with Obama you're a racist too!!

This thread had absolutely no reference to racism when it comes to critics of Obama.

First I feel there are many issues that Obama can be criticized on. The majority of his critics are focused on issues and have what they feel is best for our country in mind.

There is a segment of Obama's critics that have gone over the top in their criticism. Their goal and methodology tears down the principles that make our country great. They are a threat to the republic.
They are worse than racists. They threaten all races in the US.

Your the one to be completely hung up on the racism issue. Why is that?

Forum List

Back