Fantasy Football Playoffs

Treeshepherd

Wood Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 17, 2014
Endor
I founded a dynasty league in 1999. We use defensive players. You would laugh at my roster on offense, not understanding our salary cap system and rules. My best player is actually a linebacker ( Keuchly ).

But my team (the Shatners) isn't very good. Our league is comprised of 14 teams, and the top 7 make the playoffs. I need to beat the Diablos this week, or my season is over. My QB ( Nick Foles ) broke his collarbone. I ran out of transactions. I'm down to a choice between Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater. My best option right now at RB is Chris Johnson, who I signed as a free agent in the off season. It's pathetic. But I have a solid defense, and Dez Bryant and Julio Jones lined up outside.

Any given Sunday, right?

I founded a dynasty league in 1999. We use defensive players. You would laugh at my roster on offense, not understanding our salary cap system and rules. My best player is actually a linebacker ( Keuchly ).

But my team (the Shatners) isn't very good. Our league is comprised of 14 teams, and the top 7 make the playoffs. I need to beat the Diablos this week, or my season is over. My QB ( Nick Foles ) broke his collarbone. I ran out of transactions. I'm down to a choice between Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater. My best option right now at RB is Chris Johnson, who I signed as a free agent in the off season. It's pathetic. But I have a solid defense, and Dez Bryant and Julio Jones lined up outside.

Any given Sunday, right?

Depends on the matchups. Bortles has Cecil Shorts III and Denard Robinson for weapons, and they upset a bad Giants team, but they play a Houston Texans defense named JJ Watt.

Bridgewater is facing a terrible Jets secondary. Your choice is obvious from a paper standpoint, but you never know on any given Sunday (heh) how a QB will perform.

But I suggest you start Bridgewater (yeah I know, but Bortles only has one good WR and a RB, whereas Bridgewater has Cordarrelle Patterson and Charles Johnson in the backfield).

As for Julio Jones, he's facing a mediocre Packers secondary, since the Falcons have a nearly non existent rushing attack, expect Matt Ryan to throw the ball. However, keep an eye on Steven Jackson, he mauled a Cardinals Defense this past Sunday, and the Packers run defense ranks 30th in the NFL.

Dez Bryant is facing a so-so Bears secondary. I expect the Cowboys to let loose DeMarco Murray though so I wouldn't get my hopes up there.

Chris Johnson is getting an increased workload in the Jets offense, he ran for 105 yards this past week, against one of the best defensive units in the NFL in the Miami Dolphins. He is sharing an equal load with Chris Ivory. He's a start at RB, at least for you, since he has a good chance to shred the Vikings this week.

I'm already the 2 seed in the playoffs within a standard 14 team league, won my division and 2nd place in the regular season standings with a 9-4 record. After losing 4 of 5 games to start the season, I ended with an 8 game winning streak. So, I offer some of my winning tips for your consideration! Heed at your own risk!

Wishing you the best of luck

--TK

Last edited:
Thanks, bro.

I think I will start Bridgewater on your advice. I used my last transaction to pick up Jonas Gray ( impulse buy ). I also have Reggie Bush if his foot ever heals. I'm playing against DeMarco Murray, so it's a mismatch any way you slice it. I typically start one RB and two WR.

My season has been the opposite of yours. I started 4-0. Now I'm trying to win a game to get to 7-7 and win a tiebreaker. But, I got a lot of help last weekend with certain other teams losing.

Forum List

Back