Fannie Mae another bail out ????

Fannie Mae loss widens, asks taxpayers for $7.8B

So yet again since we did not use Freddie or Fannie we get screwed since we were responds able and knew what we could afford. Way below on what they said we could like almost triple they offered but nope we bought a house that that was enough for us. The mortgage was reasonable and yeah we can afford it and pay an extra payment a month so we will have it paid off in 15 years instead of 30:eusa_whistle:

Yep--and they are now co-signing our names to 90%!!!!! of the mortgages in this country--and asking for more bail-outs while giving their executives 11 million in bonuses. Michelle Bachmann outed them tonight at the debate.

Fannie Mae loss widens, asks taxpayers for $7.8B

So yet again since we did not use Freddie or Fannie we get screwed since we were responds able and knew what we could afford. Way below on what they said we could like almost triple they offered but nope we bought a house that that was enough for us. The mortgage was reasonable and yeah we can afford it and pay an extra payment a month so we will have it paid off in 15 years instead of 30:eusa_whistle:

Yep--and they are now co-signing our names to 90%!!!!! of the mortgages in this country--and asking for more bail-outs while giving their executives 11 million in bonuses. Michelle Bachmann outed them tonight at the debate.

Senate wants changes to Fannie, Freddie executive pay
Regulators approved $13 million in bonuses to 10 employees at the mortgage giants, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings at the beginning of the year. Both firms received a combined $169 billion in federal bailouts. Both the Senate Banking and the House Government Accountability and Oversight committees scheduled hearings over the issue.

I thought the democrats once said both finical institution were solid investments? What happened? Why do they need more money?

It's amazing how many are stuck in thar own little world of electronic entertainment and are absent to financial fundamentals while a kenyan transplant is destroying the country

I also think that if any executives should be prosecuted, the ones in charge of Fannie and Freddie should be them.

Prosecuted? - You are dreaming! Hell they got multi million dollar bonuses for further screwing us out of $14 Billion last quarter.

Yeah I am dreaming.

I have a dream that corruption from any party would be denounced by all Americans.

I have a dream that we will find joy in being responsible for our choices.

I have a dream that chocolate will become healthy for us.

oh well. cant win them all.

Dark chocolate has antioxidants in it. ;)
But must be eaten sparingly. :(

Prosecuted? - You are dreaming! Hell they got multi million dollar bonuses for further screwing us out of $14 Billion last quarter.

Yeah I am dreaming.

I have a dream that corruption from any party would be denounced by all Americans.

I have a dream that we will find joy in being responsible for our choices.

I have a dream that chocolate will become healthy for us.

oh well. cant win them all.

Dark chocolate has antioxidants in it. ;)
But must be eaten sparingly. :(
My stomach doesn't put conditions on that routine

happy belate bd

Which causes more disruption to the economy?

Fannie and Freddie getting $7 Bil to keep going or all those who purchased their bonds taking it on the neck?

Frankly, I don't know the answer to that question.

Fannie and Freddie getting $7 Bil to keep going or all those who purchased their bonds taking it on the neck?

How many more times will they need to be bailed out? ever 2 years they need 6 or 7 billion dollar to secure their faulty transactions. Sooner or later it has to stop. Let the democrats pet project fail.

How many more times will they need to be bailed out? ever 2 years they need 6 or 7 billion dollar to secure their faulty transactions. Sooner or later it has to stop. Let the democrats pet project fail.

I completely understand and am sympathetic to the above complaint, ya know?

This complaint about TARP bailouts IS the complaint where the TEA PARTY AND THE OWS folks are in agreement.

Nevertheless, I still ask this question because I know what happens if the banksters go down.

What is worse for the economy as a whole?

Bailing out the banksters and their bond holding VICTIMS, or letting those banksters and their victims go down?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

But I do think that cutting off one's nose to spite one's face is not good economic policy.

I completely understand and am sympathetic to the above complaint, ya know?

This complaint about TARP bailouts IS the complaint where the TEA PARTY AND THE OWS folks are in agreement.

Nevertheless, I still ask this question because I know what happens if the banksters go down.

What is worse for the economy as a whole?

Bailing out the banksters and their bond holding VICTIMS, or letting those banksters and their victims go down?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

But I do think that cutting off one's nose to spite one's face is not good economic policy.

Let'em fall out of the failure the cream will always rise to the top.

They already screwed us out of $169 Billion. Now Fannie wants $7.8 Billion & Freddie wants $6.2 Billion. That equals an additional $14 Billion just for the last quarter. That is $56 Billion loss a year. We should have never bailed out any one. Let the entire financial system collapse. All of our accounts were covered by the FDIC for $100K per account. It certainly would have leveled the playing field.

Now all we have is Zombie Banks that do not lend. What good does that do society. None - Just ask Japan, they did this 20 years ago & are still in this funk.

Last edited:
what do you think will be the impact on the economy if we do what you people want done?

what do you think will be the impact on the economy if we do what you people want done?

What are the consequences of continued corruption in protecting a dem pet project that took our economy down?

Are you capable of thinking?

You dont know what teh impact of your policy will have on the economy do you?

it was a simple and reasonable question.

When you create policy and suggest its the rigtht way to go you should have some idea of its impact dont you think?

Its a civil question can you for just once answer a civil question civilly?

Forum List

Back