Fannie Mae another bail out ????

Because they cant.

They have no idea what the economic impact of their wished actions would be

It happened under your republican watch didnt it?

why didnt your party do something about it when they had all the control?

Quit being a pussy and use the quote function.

Even without you using it you are still easy to best on any topic.

After all the only spending cut democrats could find was heating subsidies for the poor.

cant answer the civil question can you?

what would result in the economy if what you proffered came to fruition?

if you truly cared about your country you would stop worrying about what "might have been" and instead worry about "what is" and "what will be".

But you are as guilty as the parties themselves...you are "party first, country second"

Unfortunatelky for you...members of the parties get great salaries and great benefits for life.

You get squat.

It has alredy been answered. You simply refused to accept it as the answer.

As has ALWAYS been the case in a pure competition...the cream always rises to the top.

Years ago, the largest ad agencies on Madison avenue came up with a brilliant idea. Buy out the competition and become the largest and the greatest. The idea failed for reasons I wont get into now....but in a nutshell, people dont always want to be a small fish in a large pond.....

So the talk on the street was "all thos people losing their jobs...the industry is going to collapse. What do we do."

They did nothing. The cream rose to the top and the industry suuffered nothing but a small hic-cup.

Art directors started small boutique shops and they picked up the slack.

Just this one time please outline the impact of your ideas on the real world?

If you think its the right thing to do on what basis do you make that claim?

What would happen to this country if we just let fanny and freddy collapse?

Do you even have any idea?

Fannie collapsed while democrats were in the majority in the House and the Senate. Barney Frank was the chair(person) of the powerful House Banking Committee which had oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae and he told Americans that Fannie was solvent. Meanwhile, what was the first issue democrats addressed when they gained the majority halfway into Bush's 2nd term? The economy? Nope, they wasted millions investigating steroid use in Baseball and ended up indicting a single Hall-of Famer. In a stunning burst of honesty Frank said he had "ideological blinders" on when he lied to America about Fannie's status. What does "ideological blinders" mean? The obvious answer is that Frank intended Fannie to collapse as the biggest October surprise in history during a republican presidency.

As has ALWAYS been the case in a pure competition...the cream always rises to the top.

Years ago, the largest ad agencies on Madison avenue came up with a brilliant idea. Buy out the competition and become the largest and the greatest. The idea failed for reasons I wont get into now....but in a nutshell, people dont always want to be a small fish in a large pond.....

So the talk on the street was "all thos people losing their jobs...the industry is going to collapse. What do we do."

They did nothing. The cream rose to the top and the industry suuffered nothing but a small hic-cup.

This is not an add agency.

This is about the banking industry.

Please outline what the impact on our economic system will be ?

Fannie collapsed while democrats were in the majority in the House and the Senate. Barney Frank was the chair(person) of the powerful House Banking Committee which had oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae and he told Americans that Fannie was solvent. Meanwhile, what was the first issue democrats addressed when they gained the majority halfway into Bush's 2nd term? The economy? Nope, they wasted millions investigating steroid use in Baseball and ended up indicting a single Hall-of Famer. In a stunning burst of honesty Frank said he had "ideological blinders" on when he lied to America about Fannie's status. What does "ideological blinders" mean? The obvious answer is that Frank intended Fannie to collapse as the biggest October surprise in history during a republican presidency.
The president had both houses for years. He and they could have done anything they wanted wether Barney liked it or not.

That is not the question.

What would be the economic impact of letting freddy and fanny fail?

That is what is being suggested by the right in this thread.

If you think its the right decision you should be able to outline the impact of that decision.

The president had both houses for years. He and they could have dont anything they wanted wether Barney liuked it or not.

If you think its the right decision you should be able to outline the impact of that decision.
He had both house for until 2006. Why do you defend obama so much when he had a Democratic controlled congress almost as long as bush had a Republican controlled congress?

Last edited:

This is not an add agency.

This is about the banking industry.

Please outline what the impact on our economic system will be ?

I am sorry. I did not realize you can not understand the conept of an analogy.

the same exact result.

The cream will always rise to the top.

We are a country of 300 million. There are thousands of financial institutions that you dont even know exist and there are plenty of them that will gladly want to pick up the slack. I have small institutions contacting me regularly offering me access to cash if I want it.
As it pertains to real eststate...
There are real estate settlement firms with knowledge of the ledning industry and cash comiong out of their asses, title companies with more cash than they know to do with and ready to pick up the slack with a new venture...small local banks, investors........

That is how capitalism is supposed to work. Someone screws up and lenders dont want to help them out, they lose and someone else comes in and picks up the slack

However, Congress has decided it best toi interfere with pure competition....in essence...play with capitalism....inject money into failures...at the expense of the successful who would have gladly picked up the slack.

Are you aware of what they breeds?

Business owners of the largest taking wild chances knowing they will get bailed out if it fails...and make much dinero if it succeeds.

Let me ask you something TM...

If someone told you "play the lottery....if you lose, I will give you the money back and more money to play with as well...and if you win, all you need to do is pay me back the money I gave you...

Would you not risk every available penny you have?

The president had both houses for years. He and they could have done anything they wanted wether Barney liked it or not.

I answered your question so now I would like the same respect....

What good is bailing out a company that has a history of continually failing?

Forum List

Back