Fannie Mae another bail out ????

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
Fannie Mae loss widens, asks taxpayers for $7.8B

So yet again since we did not use Freddie or Fannie we get screwed since we were responds able and knew what we could afford. Way below on what they said we could like almost triple they offered but nope we bought a house that that was enough for us. The mortgage was reasonable and yeah we can afford it and pay an extra payment a month so we will have it paid off in 15 years instead of 30:eusa_whistle:

For the life of me I can't understand why there is no congressional investigation into the corruption and collapse of Fannie Mae. Maybe both parties were involved and they agree not to open a can 'o worms. Barney Frank was banking chair(person) when Fannie went under and in an uncharacteristic burst of honesty he confessed that he had "ideological blinders on" when he told Americans that Fannie was solvent while it was on the verge of collapse and did collapse under his watch. Obama financial advisor Frank Raines was a Fannie CEO and it is alleged that he cooked the books to show a fake profit tied to his yearly bonus and walked away with 90 Million dollars for three years work.

I think its about time we stop throwing money we dont have into this vaccum.

Federal regulators just approved $13 million in bonuses to 10 employees at Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac. We are paying 10 people about $1.3 million in bonuses each to lose us $14 Billion last quarter.

How the hell could we let this happen? We need to march on DC.

Such harsh words. Fannie and Freddie are the hallmarks of government induced efficiency.

I also think that if any executives should be prosecuted, the ones in charge of Fannie and Freddie should be them.

These are not the first bonuses.

You remember Jamie Gorlick of 9/11 commission fame (the one who set up the firewall) ?

She passed through the executive offices of FM/FM and made off with about 26 million.

Who says government does not pay well ?

Such harsh words. Fannie and Freddie are the hallmarks of government induced efficiency.

I also think that if any executives should be prosecuted, the ones in charge of Fannie and Freddie should be them.

Prosecuted? - You are dreaming! Hell they got multi million dollar bonuses for further screwing us out of $14 Billion last quarter.

Prosecuted? - You are dreaming! Hell they got multi million dollar bonuses for further screwing us out of $14 Billion last quarter.

Yeah I am dreaming.

I have a dream that corruption from any party would be denounced by all Americans.

I have a dream that we will find joy in being responsible for our choices.

I have a dream that chocolate will become healthy for us.

oh well. cant win them all.

Yeah I am dreaming.

I have a dream that corruption from any party would be denounced by all Americans.

99 percent Cacao chocolate is healthy for you. Tastes like you're eating clay though.

Yeah I am dreaming.

99 percent Cacao chocolate is healthy for you. Tastes like you're eating clay though.

You eat that stuff.....???

Yeah I am dreaming.

You eat that stuff.....???

:lol::lol: Yeah, but I usually eat the 93 percent cacao chocolate.

Forum List

Back