Famous Seinfeld Episode: "The Contest" - So Who Ultimately Won It?

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
Several weeks ago, the question was raised as to who ultimately won "The Contest" in the Seinfeld episode of the same name. We all remember that one, I'm sure . . . "Yes, but are you still master of your own domain?"

Well, it came on again the other night. I watched it precisely for the purpose of seeing who actually did win "The Contest." Here's how it went:

As we all know, Kramer was the first to cave after watching the naked woman in the apartment across the street. Of course, throughout the episode, there were numerous things happening to tempt each of the participants. George's mother wound up in the hospital and George was treated to watching the gorgeous nurse give a sponge bath to the gorgeous patient by way of shadows cast on the privacy curtain. Jerry is dating a virgin who isn't putting out, while also watching the naked woman through the apartment window across the street. Elaine meets John F. Kennedy, Jr., who expresses an interest in her.

And so it is Elaine who is the next to cave, leaving only Jerry and George. "And then, there were two." And that's the way the episode ends - but not quite.

In the final scene, George, Elaine and Jerry are all in Jerry's apartment. They look across the street and see Kramer in bed with the naked woman. The final shots show all three of them (George, Elaine and Jerry) in their individual beds, sleeping quite soundly, with big smiles on their faces.

Obviously, in the end, they ALL caved and so, no one won the contest.

Several weeks ago, the question was raised as to who ultimately won "The Contest" in the Seinfeld episode of the same name. We all remember that one, I'm sure . . . "Yes, but are you still master of your own domain?"

Well, it came on again the other night. I watched it precisely for the purpose of seeing who actually did win "The Contest." Here's how it went:

As we all know, Kramer was the first to cave after watching the naked woman in the apartment across the street. Of course, throughout the episode, there were numerous things happening to tempt each of the participants. George's mother wound up in the hospital and George was treated to watching the gorgeous nurse give a sponge bath to the gorgeous patient by way of shadows cast on the privacy curtain. Jerry is dating a virgin who isn't putting out, while also watching the naked woman through the apartment window across the street. Elaine meets John F. Kennedy, Jr., who expresses an interest in her.

And so it is Elaine who is the next to cave, leaving only Jerry and George. "And then, there were two." And that's the way the episode ends - but not quite.

In the final scene, George, Elaine and Jerry are all in Jerry's apartment. They look across the street and see Kramer in bed with the naked woman. The final shots show all three of them (George, Elaine and Jerry) in their individual beds, sleeping quite soundly, with big smiles on their faces.

George admitted he had cheated during the plane crash, er ahh...not quite plane crash in the final episode.

Given George's reputation, I'd say Jerry actually won the contest!

George admitted he had cheated during the plane crash, er ahh...not quite plane crash in the final episode.

Given George's reputation, I'd say Jerry actually won the contest!

Here, here, HERE!!! What's that about my reputation? ;)

You know, I had totally forgotten about that. You are correct. Thanks for tossing that in.

My reputation . . . hmphff! (Just remember, Jerry - it's not a lie if you believe it.)

Forum List

Back