Family Court orders Dad not to take child to catholic church

I disagree with you here, but I look forward to you calling for a bunch of SCOTUSes recusing themselves if Roe v. Wade ever makes it back to court.

Based on what conflict of interest? Religion is not a conflict of interest, except in cases where the basis of the dispute is religious in nature.
:lol: In that case, it most definitely would be as a couple of the SCOTUS dudes are devout Catholics and abortion is against their religion.

Let's see you hide behind your spelling mistake. :lol:
You missed the word some. There's a huge difference between loosing some visitation rights and not allowing the girl to see her father.

tsk tsk tsk ... you are slipping.

Nice red herring. :thup:

So, feel free to explain how losing SOME visitation rights isn't punishing the child. :eusa_whistle:

And while you're at it, go and and quantify what you meant by SOME. :thup:
For the dense...losing some rights could mean only allowing the father supervised visits for a period of time before he decides to behave himself. I'm sure you'd understand the point better if he were leaving the child out in his car while visiting strip clubs. Or would you? :eusa_eh:

Only two should recuse themselves if that happens soon... Ruth Bader-Ginsberg and Sonia Sotomyer. :) Hehe, just kidding.

Please explain what you disagree with. The last sentence? If so, what would be the reason for recusing oneself?

Immie
I disagree that practicing anythings can't be impartial. If that were true, we'd have no judges since the majority of the population of this country practices a religion...and that includes judges.

Actually, I think you need to read what I said again or maybe I should just rewrite it and attempt to be more clear.

I did not say they could not be impartial.

I said one recuses himself to avoid the appearance of partiality.

One may very well be impartial, but if there is a potential of a conflict of interests, then every ruling, in this case for the mother, will appear to be based on the conflict of interest even IF the judge is absolutely correct in his ruling.

Immie
Okay...as long as you agree that a Christian judge would have to be held to the same standard.

So he takes his daughter to church and you think he shouldn't be allowed to have unsupervised visits.

WOW!

I knew you were an extreme feminist, but damn Ravi, that shit's just fuct!

So he takes his daughter to church and you think he shouldn't be allowed to have unsupervised visits.

WOW!

YOu have to trust the people you leave your child with.

WOW!

indeed, maybe a deeper question to ask is why a veteran law student automatically loses custody to the mother in the reflexive pattern of our family courts. If he had joint custody this wouldn't be an issue. Why is his role as a father less important than the role of the mother in exposing their common child to a religious heritage?

now, come all ye vagina worshippers with your stones and torches.

However, the Catholic faith believes that a children must be baptized or they can not enter heaven because of original sin.
This is no longer true. Catholics did away with this "rule" and if this guy was devout at all he'd know it. Just one more example of him being a phony.
The bible says the child goes to hell if it does not receive Jesus.

WOW!

I tellya.. nothing makes one's pecker shrivel and balls ascend quite like hearing that your kid went.. uh.. to church....

:rolleyes:

WOW!

It's the girls father not some stranger. And of course the mother doesn't trust him, they are divorced.

Sounds like the father has a religious discrimination lawsuit to me.

WOW!

I tellya.. nothing makes one's pecker shrivel and balls ascend quite like hearing that your kid went.. uh.. to church....

The man was told not to take the child to church by the judge, he then had the child baptized without even telling the mother. He could be facing jail time, and is obviously not thinking clearly. Why would I want my child anywhere near him?

WOW!

It's the girls father not some stranger. And of course the mother doesn't trust him, they are divorced.

I don't care if it is the girl's father, being a father doesn't automatically make you trustworthy.

The man was told not to take the child to church by the judge, he then had the child baptized without even telling the mother. He could be facing jail time, and is obviously not thinking clearly. Why would I want my child anywhere near him?

which, in my estimation, violates his first amendment right to expressing his religious faith to his progeny. I watched the video, i'm well aware of what has happened in the court. But, that doesn't mean that poor decisions get made in the court that violates his rights as a parent.

and, you SHOULD want your child near him because he is the father as is just as valid as you are in the child's life. Again, he's a veteran law student not some junky on the street. I garenfuckingtee if this was about child support checks the question about why the mother should want him in the childs life would not be asked.

I don't care if it is the girl's father, being a father doesn't automatically make you trustworthy.

neither do divorce court results nullify his role as the child's father. Of course you don't care if he's the father. I get the impression that his cock pretty much invalidates any input he may want regarding HIS child to most of the gals posting thus far.

But the Dad has an absolute right to see his child. So whether Mom trusts him or not is a moot point.

But the Dad has an absolute right to see his child. So whether Mom trusts him or not is a moot point.

No, Dad does not have an absolute right to see his child. Not if the courts say he doesn't and it is oh so obvious that Dad is an unfit parent! :eusa_whistle:

It is obvious... isn't it? :eusa_shhh:

Immie

WOW!

And the FATHER of the child taking her to church is cause for distrust... exactly why?

Because the mother says it is

Sound logic huh?

I'm pretty sure the baptism took place before the court order. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was the reason for the order.

The mother has custody, end of story. If the father had custody he would have the same right to pick which religion to raise the girl in. He is apparently using the child as a tool.

I agree the father is being a tool, but I totally disagree that because the mother has custody of the child she has more say in the upbringing. Sometimes custody is given so the child has a more stable life, not because one parent is better than the other. Find your opinion very Kramer vs Kramerish ....:cool:

Never said he didn't, just said he should be supervised.

Forum List

Back