Family, Country and God.

Well, I believe you can't have a family without God because God creates everything.

But even if you leave Him out of the equation, you can't have a healthy and happy family without a country in which they can be protected.

There's something intrinsically wrong with a whole population of people who think their personal attachments and desires come before all else, and who don't recognize that we have to maintain a certain structure to enable families to prosper in freedom.

Well, I believe you can't have a family without God because God creates everything.

But even if you leave Him out of the equation, you can't have a healthy and happy family without a country in which they can be protected.

There's something intrinsically wrong with a whole population of people who think their personal attachments and desires come before all else, and who don't recognize that we have to maintain a certain structure to enable families to prosper in freedom.

I'm not talking about personal attachments and desires, I'm talking about actual people.

You misunderstand me. I didn't say the other two weren't useful, I said that family is more important than the other two and that the other two would be meaningless without family.

How would you prioritize them in order of importance?

For me it's exactly as I stated them in the title.

Note: We already had a dicussion going in the No Flame Zone about this, but I felt I needed the freedom to tell Allie what a fecal flinging retard she is for boldly proclaiming that existence of the family is dependent on the other two, and then not offering any basis for her pulled-from-asshole opinion. Sure, each one of these three can be argued to be inter-dependent in many ways, however, each one can certainly exist independently of the other two.

How would you prioritize them in order of importance?

For me it's exactly as I stated them in the title.

Note: We already had a dicussion going in the No Flame Zone about this, but I felt I needed the freedom to tell Allie what a fecal flinging retard she is for boldly proclaiming that existence of the family is dependent on the other two, and then not offering any basis for her pulled-from-asshole opinion. Sure, each one of these three can be argued to be inter-dependent in many ways, however, each one can certainly exist independently of the other two.

In other words, you needed the freedom to troll and be an asshole. Noted.
I did offer a basis. But you were too freaked out by the fact that you couldn't spaz out indiscriminately that you missed it.

In other words, you needed the freedom to troll and be an asshole. Noted.
I did offer a basis. But you were too freaked out by the fact that you couldn't spaz out indiscriminately that you missed it.

No you didn't.

Saying it's at risk is a copout first of all. Risk is a constant. And secondly, that basically contradicts your assertion in the first place since putting something at risk isn't the same as being a pre-requisite...RETARD!

I'm not talking about personal attachments and desires, I'm talking about actual people.

You misunderstand me. I didn't say the other two weren't useful, I said that family is more important than the other two and that the other two would be meaningless without family.

When you talk about actual people you're talking about personal attachments to them.

Hopefully we'll never be called upon to sacrifice family for country. But I think as far as prioritizing your time, duty, and money, the first priority should be God, then country, THEN family. For example, I don't think it's a wise choice to buy a 4-wheeler for your son instead of paying taxes. Nor do I think (in the event of a draft, which hopefully we won't see in our lifetimes) that you should run from a draft because you want to be with your children. I think we are obligated to support and defend our country first, sometimes to the exclusion of spending time with our families or giving them exactly what they want (or giving ourselves what we want).

When you talk about actual people you're talking about personal attachments to them.

Hopefully we'll never be called upon to sacrifice family for country. But I think as far as prioritizing your time, duty, and money, the first priority should be God, then country, THEN family. For example, I don't think it's a wise choice to buy a 4-wheeler for your son instead of paying taxes. Nor do I think (in the event of a draft, which hopefully we won't see in our lifetimes) that you should run from a draft because you want to be with your children. I think we are obligated to support and defend our country first, sometimes to the exclusion of spending time with our families or giving them exactly what they want (or giving ourselves what we want).

God above country!!!! What if voices from your God tell you to blow up the Lincoln Monument?

Honesty, Character, and Integrity; Family; Country

The question gave me pause. What if a member of your family committed a terrible crime? Would you defend the family member?

If you thought that your country is doing wrong, would you be loyal to your country no matter what? Was it right for the Nazis in Germany to be loyal to their country in carrying out despicable orders against the Jews?

I think that some things go even before family and nation – perhaps even above your own self interests – namely ethical character.

Which is worse, being disloyal to your country or disloyal to a friend?

And, why?

the first thing i thought of was rolf turning in liesel von trapp in the sound of music... vs the folks who helped ann frank hide from the nazi's. so obviously, when you pose the question that way, it depends...

fam, country, DOG

Cant have a family or country without a GOD?

thank Buddha for the first amendment. America's non-christian families must be less legitimate than, say, your average CHRISTIAN child raping compound cult.

:rolleyes:

Personal attachments, blood attachments, whatever you wish to call them...they are concrete people. I think individuals are more important that the group.

The 4-wheeler is just silly and not what I'm talking about. I have NO problem paying my taxes, I see it as a honor to pay them for the privilege of living in the US. As for the draft, it would depend on what it was for...I wouldn't rule it out if it was to protect my family, but I wouldn't fight for a cause I didn't believe in.

the first thing i thought of was rolf turning in liesel von trapp in the sound of music... vs the folks who helped ann frank hide from the nazi's. so obviously, when you pose the question that way, it depends...

Situational ethics!!!
Ethical dilemma requiring carefully thought!!!
Some people do not believe that such things exist.

Um, is your answer "it depends?"

;)

Forum List

Back