Family, Country and God.

how could you have the opinion that it is meaningless or not potentially harmful?

ravi, is this a confession? :rofl:

As if. How could you not have an opinion as to its potential harm? Almost everything in life is subjective...especially politics.

No you didn't.

Saying it's at risk is a copout first of all. Risk is a constant. And secondly, that basically contradicts your assertion in the first place since putting something at risk isn't the same as being a pre-requisite...RETARD!

Whatever.

That thread is certainly a lot more intelligent than this one.

Actually, it's been pretty interesting without your hissy fits to disrail it.

I'm happy for you. :clap2:

Although I did notice that it's my question being discussed and not the one you started your thread with. :eusa_whistle:

psst...the word is derail. :cool:

As if. How could you not have an opinion as to its potential harm? Almost everything in life is subjective...especially politics.

sorry, i guess i was asking how you would know enough to come to that conclusion... or to have that opinion...

so, hypothetically, if i came to that conclusion that it was meaningless, then i would treat it as if it was meaningless, and not feel like i was compromising anything by not doing anything about it.

Which is worse, being disloyal to your country or disloyal to a friend?

And, why?

How would you seperate the two? We're all individuals but we exist in and interact with society.

Whether it's a friend or your country, it's still a relationship in which self-interest takes a step back.

sorry, i guess i was asking how you would know enough to come to that conclusion... or to have that opinion...

so, hypothetically, if i came to that conclusion that it was meaningless, then i would treat it as if it was meaningless, and not feel like i was compromising anything by not doing anything about it.

You could know enough, or think you know enough, to form an opinion about the relative threat from another country.

So you would choose friendship over country? In this case, anyway.

How would you seperate the two? We're all individuals but we exist in and interact with society.

Whether it's a friend or your country, it's still a relationship in which self-interest takes a step back.

But they are also still two relationships to chose between.

But they are also still two relationships to chose between.

But they're not mutually exclusive. Most of my friends are fellow Americans. It could be argued that being disloyal to them is being disloyal to my country.

But they're not mutually exclusive. Most of my friends are fellow Americans. It could be argued that being disloyal to them is being disloyal to my country.

I don't know about that. It reminds me of the many times people that don't support the Iraq war have been called traitorous.

One can be an American and an individual. In fact, it would seem impossible not to be.

Forum List

Back