Family, Country and God.

Which is worse, being disloyal to your country or disloyal to a friend?

And, why?
I think it would really depend on what you are being disloyal about. Can you give an example?

I suppose friends come first but if you knew your friend was planning a terrorist attack and you didn't report it, then being disloyal to your country would be worse in this case.

On the otherhand, if you knew your friend was cheating on his taxes ......?

Its worse to be disloyal to your friend. Countries were created when humanity was merely tribes fighting each other for the best land/resources/treasure. In this day and age they are merely damaging relics of a bygone era. I have no more connection to someone in Alabama than I do someone in England.

I see the elevation of personal relationships above the protection of society to be a shallow thing.

You can't have a family, and/or your family is a risk, without the other two, dear.

What you're saying is that the individual trumps society. In which case, you don't have society, in which case every individual is at risk. So you're willing to put your family at risk for the sake of making them your #1 priority over all else.

If that's all you have to say, I'll assume you don't know what you're talking about.

If that's all you have to say, I'll assume you don't know what you're talking about.

And I'll assume you base your opinion that family requires God and Country on fecal matter you've pulled from your ass, since you've made no attempt to defend such an absurd comment.

You can't have a family, and/or your family is a risk, without the other two, dear.

You can, though it might be difficult, especially without the country. Without God, I don't think it would affect the difficult quality.

What you're saying is that the individual trumps society. In which case, you don't have society, in which case every individual is at risk. So you're willing to put your family at risk for the sake of making them your #1 priority over all else.

I said country, not society. Though I would choose family over anything else.

Forum List

Back