Fallon Show humiliates Bachmann with misogynistic song

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
On Fallon Show, Bachmann Zings Perry, Gets Zinged By Song

GOP presidential contender Rep. Michele Bachmann pithily zinged competitor Gov. Rick Perry on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” but little did she know she too was the victim of a joke on the part of the house band.

As Bachmann walked across the stage to sit next to Fallon for the show that aired Monday night, house band the Roots played a refrain from the Fishbone song “Lyin’ Ass Bitch.”

Though the lyrics refer to a woman as a “slut trash can bitch,” the band only sang the “la, la, la” of the refrain

The band’s drummer Questlove, sent a tweet prior to the show clueing viewers in on the song choice, writing: “late night walkon song devotees: you love it when we snark: this next one takes the cake. ask around cause i aint tweeting title.”

Later, he retweeted a fan’s reaction: “perfect entry song for her.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...how-bachmann-zings-perry-gets-zinged-by-song/

I would not vote for Bachmann but this is wrong on so many levels, it is not funny. Not to mention ABC thinks it is quite hilarious given the above article.

People are upset a MO being 'booed' and I have seen some say it is because of her race, but to sing a song which is meant to put someone down, call her a lying ass bitch and a song that refers to one as a "slut trash can bitch" is awful IMO.

CaféAuLait;4447428 said:

GOP presidential contender Rep. Michele Bachmann pithily zinged competitor Gov. Rick Perry on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” but little did she know she too was the victim of a joke on the part of the house band.

As Bachmann walked across the stage to sit next to Fallon for the show that aired Monday night, house band the Roots played a refrain from the Fishbone song “Lyin’ Ass Bitch

Though the lyrics refer to a woman as a “slut trash can bitch,” the band only sang the “la, la, la” of the refrain

The band’s drummer Questlove, sent a tweet prior to the show clueing viewers in on the song choice, writing: “late night walkon song devotees: you love it when we snark: this next one takes the cake. ask around cause i aint tweeting title.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...how-bachmann-zings-perry-gets-zinged-by-song/

I would not vote for Bachmann but this is wrong on so many levels, it is not funny. Not to mention ABC thinks it is quite hilarious given the above article.

People are upset a MO being 'booed' and I have seen some say it is because of her race, but to sing a song which is meant to put someone down, call her a lying ass bitch and a song that refers to one as a "slut trash can bitch" is awful IMO.

The clip they have there is of the View and it ends with Whoopi semi-dissin Bachman.

Michelle is a pretty lady though. So short, and dumb as a bag of rock, but she's definitely has an appeal to her.

I don't see the outrage-worthiness.

OK, I just found the clip in question...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeVjopXLWI]Jimmy Fallon Show Band Plays 'Lyin' Ass Bitch' To Intro Michele Bachmann - YouTube[/ame]

You know, I never heard of the song nor the band and I didn't get it until after the fact. There are no derogatory lyrics to it, at least none in that part of the song that they played during the intro. Clearly Michelle was as clueless as I was.

It's a lil sketchy, but I don't think I'd get bent up outta shape over it.

Jimmy Fallon does suck...

but it's good to see Fishbone getting some play.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B61XAN2Ujw]Fishbone - Sunless Saturday - YouTube[/ame]

Jimmy Fallon Show Band Plays 'Lyin' Ass Bitch' To Intro Michele Bachmann - YouTube

You know, I never heard of the song nor the band and I didn't get it until after the fact. There are no derogatory lyrics to it, at least none in that part of the song that they played during the intro. Clearly Michelle was as clueless as I was.

Well if you read their tweets before the show and after they purposly played the song as her entrance song and it was entitled "Lyin Ass Bitch".

I'm sure if Michelle Obama or Barack Obama had the same song played for them there would be outrage. As for the lyrics they sang 'la la la" instead of the words "slut trash can bitch". It is articulated in the article above.

CaféAuLait;4447428 said:

As Bachmann walked across the stage to sit next to Fallon for the show that aired Monday night, house band the Roots played a refrain from the Fishbone song “Lyin’ Ass Bitch

lying ass bitch :clap2:

I am about as outraged as I was when Limbaugh repeatedly played "Barack the Magic Negro" on his show. Which is not much. For a party that likes to say progressives play the victim card all the time they sure have thin skin.

Jimmy Fallon Show Band Plays 'Lyin' Ass Bitch' To Intro Michele Bachmann - YouTube

It was an attempt at a veiled put down towards her.... Fallon is a little punk!

Here are some of the lyrics:

She's just a...
Lalalala Lalalalala

You're nothing but a little lyin' ass bitch !
You know she says she loves you but you know she doesn't
You know she says she loves you but you know she really doesn't

Little more than "a bit sketchy" if ya ask me.

Oh well, I have never watched his stupid show anyway.... but I found it to be a classless love on their part.

To think she actually thought they were nice to her.... she is so naive.

3.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SASEEuL1xXM]Fry jams to classical music (I Like Big Butts) - YouTube[/ame]

Fallon's a comedian.

And I think he's a conservative...at least that's what I thought.

And he gives everybody a hard time, I just can't see what the big deal is, really. He made one female star submit to a sponge bath from a weird, fat, hairy stranger once, lol..and she wasn't super comfortable with it...

CaféAuLait;4448385 said:

Well if you read their tweets before the show and after they purposly played the song as her entrance song and it was entitled "Lyin Ass Bitch".

I'm sure if Michelle Obama or Barack Obama had the same song played for them there would be outrage. As for the lyrics they sang 'la la la" instead of the words "slut trash can bitch". It is articulated in the article above.

Yes for sho,, but the "lying as bitch" suits obiedoodle more than it fits Michele Bachman.

Forum List

Back