Fake news, ie MSM investigating fake news.....ha ha ha

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
A blog is written, Fox picks it up and CNN and MSNBC run with it......because they need ratings....in essence....POT MEET FUCKIN KETTLE!!

A blog is written, Fox picks it up and CNN and MSNBC run with it......because they need ratings....in essence....POT MEET FUCKIN KETTLE!!

Got a link to the blog and news story in question? Nothing really much that can be commented on here otherwise.

There usually isn't anything worth commenting on in bed wetter threads, but no matter what you can still point out how stupid they are.

Got a link to the blog and news story in question? Nothing really much that can be commented on here otherwise.

There usually isn't anything worth commenting on in bed wetter threads, but no matter what you can still point out how stupid they are.
We can hardly expect Trump to discredit fake news. Everything he says is fake news, like the Carrier-jobs-saved news and the Japanese 50bn investment in America with Saudi money he 'negotiated' this week even though Japan announced the plan several months ago. And Pete, your fixation with bed wetters leads one to believe you are transferring your problem onto opponents. But as for fake news, I repeat Trump can hardly discredit the work of his bud Alex Jones of Infowars whose malicious lies are picked up by Breitbart and passed on by the Flynns, pere et fils,even as he appoints one to a cabinet position. If Jones printed a story about how scientists are conspiring to prevent the public at large from learning that shit sandwiches topped with banana slices 3 times a day will extend your life 50 years, people like the stupid cow in this link would be hanging out in public restrooms to pick up supplies.

Sandy Hook denier arrested after death threats made to parent of victim

We can hardly expect Trump to discredit fake news. Everything he says is fake news, like the Carrier-jobs-saved news and the Japanese 50bn investment in America with Saudi money he 'negotiated' this week even though Japan announced the plan several months ago. And Pete, your fixation with bed wetters leads one to believe you are transferring your problem onto opponents. But as for fake news, I repeat Trump can hardly discredit the work of his bud Alex Jones of Infowars whose malicious lies are picked up by Breitbart and passed on by the Flynns, pere et fils,even as he appoints one to a cabinet position. If Jones printed a story about how scientists are conspiring to prevent the public at large from learning that shit sandwiches topped with banana slices 3 times a day will extend your life 50 years, people like the stupid cow in this link would be hanging out in public restrooms to pick up supplies.

Sandy Hook denier arrested after death threats made to parent of victim

I rest my case.

We need Pinochet's helicopter rides to settle this.

“Treem”, will be available on mobile platforms for free...
icon17.gif

New Social Network Aims to Limit Spread of 'Fake News'
December 08, 2016 | WASHINGTON — Amid a flurry of reporting on what some are calling a flood of “fake news” on social media, a new social network was being unveiled Thursday, with its backers saying it might slow the spread of inaccurate information.
The social network, called “Treem”, will be available on mobile platforms for free. According to its creators, Treem will give its users significantly more control over who sees what they post, and who in turn can share it. “There’s a tremendous amount of information right now out there on social media,” said Treem CEO Ken Kaufman. “A lot of the bigger players are addicted to pushing information to everyone, no matter what, so the idea of being able to control who sees what information and better curate how people get information is really important.”

AE20008A-0914-4EB5-A15C-E6EFFD0BD784_w250_r1_s.jpg

Most social networks, such as Facebook, allow users one public profile – or “wall” – where they can post content to share with friends. That content is then often monetized by the network, which gathers information about the user for sale to third parties or for ad revenue. “Most social media companies are addicted to advertising revenue, so every post is supposed to be seen by everybody,” Kaufman told VOA.

Controlling information

In contrast, Treem uses a graphic “tree” structure where users create “branches,” or separate groups. Users control who they want in what group – for example, college friends or hobby enthusiasts – and also can control whether the content they post can in turn be re-posted by others. For those seeking even more privacy, users can create secret password-protected groups to further limit who sees what. “How I organize my friendships and relationships is different than everybody else. You don’t know how I categorized you – it’s all up to each user how to organize content and views,” said Kaufman. “We’re really trying to get rid of all the noise on social media.”

E9DD86AF-3E41-4FAB-A5DF-E9000FC7ACB8_w250_r0_s.jpg

Screen shot of Treem App loaded on iPhone​

In putting users in control of their posts, Kaufman says, fake news stories are much less likely to go viral because fewer people are likely to see them, and potentially even fewer will be able to re-post or share with their groups. The idea for Treem began long ago, Kaufman notes, long before journalists began writing about the explosion of false news and information on social media. “I saw what was going around with people who were partisan on any position and pushing information about, and people believing everything that they read on social media, and I thought, that’s not good,” he said.

'Confirmation bias'

Forum List

Back