Fake cell towers. Any doubt we are being monitered

With most phones, these fake communication towers are undetectable. But not for the CryptoPhone 500, a customized Android device that is disguised as a Samsung Galaxy S III but has highly advanced encryption.

Though Goldsmith won’t disclose sales figures or even a retail price for the GSMK CryptoPhone 500, he doesn’t dispute an MIT Technology Review article from this past spring reporting that he produces about 400 phones per week for $3,500 each. So should ordinary Americans skip some car payments to be able to afford to follow suit?

$3,500 is a small price to pay to make sure no foreign jihadis get their dirty desert cult hands on my data. Since it's an Android, only Google will be able to access my information, and since we all know that they never ever disclose our data to any third parties, we'll be safe using one of these CryptoPhone devices.

Or we can just take off the Ron Paul brand tinfoil hats and go back to living in the real world. Nothing's out to get you or your data, conspiratards. The CryptoPhone, while nice, is completely unnecessary.

If ya own a cell phone at all, any government survellience is of your own doing. If you're on Facebook, or other site where you volunteer lots of personal information about yourself, any government survellience is of your own doing. So make sure ya comb your hair or put on your make-up because, Yes Virginia, Santa Claus is watching you. :)

When a kid in a coffee shop in Russia can hack into a US government computer you gotta understand that there are no secrets left, only secret budgets for bumbling "intelligence" agencies. You almost gotta laugh that Hollywood "stars" are whining that nude photos have been hacked and sold to sleaze bag pop-culture magazines. It's about time people realized that there is no privacy on the internet or social networks and smart cell phones ain't that smart.

I don't care really except it seems like a waste of money.

Why would they need "secret" out in the open dedicated cell towers?

If this story is true, which I don't doubt but have questions, I suspect it might be google.

If this story is true, which I don't doubt but have questions, I suspect it might be google.
Most are near military bases. A location not commonly known as a Google haven.

Where in this country is not near a military base?

Some places are closer than others.

The point being, it is ambiguous to just say "close to military bases." For what purpose would they be by military bases? If they are maybe they have nothing to do with surveillance and more to do with secure military traffic.

The point being, it is ambiguous to just say "close to military bases." For what purpose would they be by military bases? If they are maybe they have nothing to do with surveillance and more to do with secure military traffic.

They don't name the explicit locations or any of the towers. So of course its going to be ambiguous. However, if they say 'near military bases', that gives us some indication of proximity. As for purpose, the article doesn't say. And neither of us know either.

They don't name the explicit locations or any of the towers. So of course its going to be ambiguous. However, if they say 'near military bases', that gives us some indication of proximity. As for purpose, the article doesn't say. And neither of us know either.

My point is that they say "near military bases" to add some sort of mystery as to what the government is up to. Near is relative without qualification.

Nobody seems to know who owns them and the media isn't especially curious but a couple of the fake towers are on US Military property. Doesn't that indicate something in the, duh, low information left wing media mind?

My point is that they say "near military bases" to add some sort of mystery as to what the government is up to. Near is relative without qualification.

My point is....not a single location of a single tower is given. 'Near' can be relative....they could be speaking of near in comparison to say, Alpha Centari. But outside games of semantics, the term conveys a reasonable degree of proximity. Which is why we use the term 'near' all the time without the degree of precision you're calling for.

Beyond communicating proximity, every other motivation you've offered as to why they mention it is mere speculation.

And here's a map of the locations of the 'fake towers'.
jMl8vKgDkEQ6u7bphSZulflYMLbSUKv_jJ7sToIjYITuoD95zdrjBXuJ4KvSyjjuRSdU8ENbLOJTHGIsaKP_rbY_08Wt6I4taxiWLqjiuFdpViX1vy_qvHxukb91uyOsTA

Nobody seems to know who owns them and the media isn't especially curious but a couple of the fake towers are on US Military property. Doesn't that indicate something in the, duh, low information left wing media mind?

Is there pictures of the towers, a precise location, and the reason they are fake? We have a cell tower that I can see from my backyard(just like Palin and Russia :D) and it is not for the cell companies it is a state cell tower. Never thought much about it I assumed it was for state emergency communications.

Is there pictures of the towers, a precise location, and the reason they are fake? We have a cell tower that I can see from my backyard(just like Palin and Russia :D) and it is not for the cell companies it is a state cell tower. Never thought much about it I assumed it was for state emergency communications.

The exact reason is not yet known. What we do know is that the communication between the phones and the fake towers was two way. They were transmitting to the phones in addition to receiving information to them.

Forum List

Back