Facial hair: Yes or no?

Question obviously refers to facial hair on men, before BatBoy chips in!

Mustache? Beard? Goatee? Clean shaven?

I've recently started a goatee (out of laziness actually, rather than anything else) and my wife, who always swore she would HATE it is I grew a beard or tache, kinda likes it. But that may because I'm so sexy that anything would look cool.

Any other guys have the same experience with their partners?

And girls, what do you think? Is it sexy or not, or does it depend totally on the guy?

Obviously, it depends on the guy, and also on the amount of effort that is put into grooming.

My husband is not naturally a very hairy guy, being half-Chinese, so his facial hair grows in rather patchy. On the other hand, he has a very strong jawline and a resemblance to Dean Cain, so he's perfectly suited to the clean-shaven, Superman look. Many of my friends in the SCA have a variety of facial hair styles, and look quite handsome in them.

I don't like stubble, because it's too rough and scratchy, but once the hair grows a bit, it can be quite soft and not at all unpleasant.

Last edited:
Question obviously refers to facial hair on men, before BatBoy chips in!

Mustache? Beard? Goatee? Clean shaven?

I've recently started a goatee (out of laziness actually, rather than anything else) and my wife, who always swore she would HATE it is I grew a beard or tache, kinda likes it. But that may because I'm so sexy that anything would look cool.

Any other guys have the same experience with their partners?

And girls, what do you think? Is it sexy or not, or does it depend totally on the guy?

I shave about once every other week when the beard gets too long. I look better with the scruff, I think.

Just recently shaved off quite a long, full beard. Just got bored with it, although it was warm. Now I have the a stash and some chin hair that I narrow down to the back of my jaw, and very long hair. I haven't cut my hair in about six years. I've had a mustache ever since I was able to grow one. I've shaved it off only twice in all those years. Once for basic training, and once when I was trimming it and messed it up. Never again. Both times I looked at myself in the mirror and thought how naked my face looked without the stash. Gotta have it.

I can no longer imagine what I'd look like without my mustashes.

I doubt anyone who knows me and has known me for the last almost 40 years can either.

I've grow beards and goatees and all that, but the mustaches were the only facial hair that stood the test of time.

I had NO facial hair when I was a Drill Instructor. That is the only time besides when I was a recruit myself I didn't at least have a moustache. Drill Instructors with facial hair were HIGHLY frowned upon.

When I was in Airborne school, I watched a Major, with a big bushy mustache, try to pass the Airborne PT test. For some reason, he couldn't seem to do more than 10 "GOOD" push ups. I'll bet he pumped out 100 though. The next time I saw him, he wasn't wearing a mustache.

He just wouldn't get the hint when the First Sergeant said, "I suppose it's possible to pass Airborne school if you have a mustache, but I haven't seen it happen."

To answer the question though:

For the last 7 months: goatee and shaved head. (My wife's request, she thinks it's hot.)

For the 30 years previous: no facial hair and varying lengths of hair.

Clean shaven and I like my woman that way too...but I'll allow the imagination the rest....

Yes, I still remember the trauma of being told I had to give Granny a kiss at Christmas when I was young. :eek:

I posted this elsewhere on here once, but I worked with a lady who shaved her chin, I kid you not! :eek:

(and she was in her early 40's)

Forum List

Back