Facebook under pressure to counter anti vax nutter groups

Yes the left is very good at limiting free speech rights.

How many kids have to die because we give nuts free access to the airwaves?
If they're not your kids they are not your responsibility
That's pretty selfish.

Why is that?

If you are vaccinated you don't have to worry about people who choose not to be vaccinated.

I have had all my shots so I don't care if you or your kids do or don't

If the little bastard infects other kids, it is..

Obviously, you don't get the concept of herd immunity.

Think of it as Social Darwinism ... ultimately good for the species.

Funny, Hitler probably thought the same thing when he was turning the Jews into lampshades.

If people vaccinate their kids they don't have to worry about the kids who aren't vaccinated

The phrase, 'shouting fire in a crowded theater', was coined for the decision of Schenck vs US of 1919 if reference to the defendant's speech in opposition to the draft in WWI. The court ruled the speech in opposition to America's participation in that war was not protected. The judgement prescribed that such speech presented a 'clear and present danger' to the US.

The ruling was partially overturned in Brandenburg v Ohio of 1969 where the court ruled that it only applied to speech that would invoke imminent lawless action (such an invocation to a riot). So even speech considered reckless or inflammatory is protected unless you can prove that such speech would invoke imminent lawless action.

There is protection of speech that might at sometime in the future lead to a lawless action -- hard to prove in the case of immunization. Anti-vaxxing advocates might equally claim that mandatory immunization itself is a lawless action.

Banning speech is not something we should take lightly in America.

I don't take it lightly. Children will die because their parents take these charlatans seriously?

Children die every single day, typically because someone did something stupid. You can't ban stupidity.

That would work if the anti-vaxxers were only exposing their own children. But they are exposing children too young or too sick to be immunized, who may have VERY smart parents.

So keep your kids that are too sick or too young to be vaccinated away from other kids until they can get vaccinations

That would be called responsible parenting

If people vaccinate their kids they don't have to worry about the kids who aren't vaccinated

Again, read up on Herd Immunity.... Then have someone who understands science explain it to you with smaller words.

So keep your kids that are too sick or too young to be vaccinated away from other kids until they can get vaccinations

Again, that would be great, except that they are always going to be around other kids. Anti-Vaxxer nuts need to follow the law.

Again, read up on Herd Immunity.... Then have someone who understands science explain it to you with smaller words.

Again, that would be great, except that they are always going to be around other kids. Anti-Vaxxer nuts need to follow the law.

The vast majority of people vaccinate their kids so your herd immunity is intact

And if your kid is vaccinated then it doesn't matter if he is around kids who aren't.

Funny, Hitler probably thought the same thing when he was turning the Jews into lampshades.

So, if I don't want to silence people who think differently from me, I'm Hitler?

If you say so.

Doubling down on DUMB, as expected.

I kind of like proven science.

I kind of like that I grew up never knowing what Polio was, or Measles, because we had vaccines for them.
Lol
Vaccines are not 100% safe, not 100% reliable, not 100% viable... There is no reason to make them mandatory.
Joe believes whatever the state tells him. He can’t function otherwise.

Facebook under pressure to halt rise of anti-vaccination groups

Facebook is under pressure to stem the rise of anti-vaccination groups spreading false information about the dangers of life-saving vaccines while peddling unfounded alternative treatments such as high doses of vitamin C.
So-called “anti-vaxxers” are operating on Facebook in closed groups, where members have to be approved in advance. By barring access to others, they are able to serve undiluted misinformation without challenge.

I dont think they are calling for these idiots to get banned.It looks more like opening up these echo chambers.There is documented evidence of public health scares and it is in all our interests to shed light on these cultists.
Good
Lol
It’s funny, control freaks like yourself want to force vaccines on people that cannot benefit from them and want nothing to do with them

How many autistic kids were around prior to vaccinations?
There is no. Aisative link beteeen vaccines and autism.

How many children died from measles before vaccines, ijit?
statism_ideas.png

Facebook under pressure to halt rise of anti-vaccination groups

Facebook is under pressure to stem the rise of anti-vaccination groups spreading false information about the dangers of life-saving vaccines while peddling unfounded alternative treatments such as high doses of vitamin C.
So-called “anti-vaxxers” are operating on Facebook in closed groups, where members have to be approved in advance. By barring access to others, they are able to serve undiluted misinformation without challenge.

I dont think they are calling for these idiots to get banned.It looks more like opening up these echo chambers.There is documented evidence of public health scares and it is in all our interests to shed light on these cultists.

To be fair, it's only the anti-vaxxer's kids who would be dying.

Consider it a field experiment for evolution.

Yep, and I know of a person who drowned when his car ran into the river, because he couldn't get his car door open. You wanna ban car doors now?

WTF!

Where did all the silly pro vaxxers go, after I blew them up with my prior post? The cowards ran away!

Where is my thank you for educating you? Do you lack common courtesy?

Check this out silly pro-vaxxers....PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

The FDA’s admission that CDC is recommending untested and unlicensed vaccines follows another disclosure forced by an ICAN/CHD lawsuit. HHS confessed that it has not once complied—in over 30 years—with statutory requirements for regular review of childhood vaccine safety, nor reported to Congress on measures to improve safety. The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act established the requirements while essentially eliminating manufacturers’ legal liability for childhood vaccine injuries.
FDA Admits That Government Is Recommending Untested, Unlicensed Vaccines for Pregnant Women
You ever notice when ever we post facts and logical arguments against our compatriots that demolish the propaganda they are fed by the establishment, and they have nothing left, they just start with the name calling and the ad hominem?

. . . it's all they have left.

He's a crank. . . you're a tin foil hatter. . . . . etc. etc. . .

iu
The issue being raised in the OP is that these anti vaxers operate closed groups and will not allow a dissenting opinion. Kind of makes your post a bit ironic.
Statists do exactly the same thing, and you support them.
Who are statists ?
Lol
You, you fat sack of shit...

Let’s limit free speech, that is worse.

Tell that to the mom of a baby who died because her moron neighbor listened to anti-vax crazies and didn't immunize her kid, and her baby caught measles from him.

The Constitution is not a Suicide Pact.
Lol
Millions of Americans don’t participate in vaccinations… None of your fucking business

The phrase, 'shouting fire in a crowded theater', was coined for the decision of Schenck vs US of 1919 if reference to the defendant's speech in opposition to the draft in WWI. The court ruled the speech in opposition to America's participation in that war was not protected. The judgement prescribed that such speech presented a 'clear and present danger' to the US.

The ruling was partially overturned in Brandenburg v Ohio of 1969 where the court ruled that it only applied to speech that would invoke imminent lawless action (such an invocation to a riot). So even speech considered reckless or inflammatory is protected unless you can prove that such speech would invoke imminent lawless action.

There is protection of speech that might at sometime in the future lead to a lawless action -- hard to prove in the case of immunization. Anti-vaxxing advocates might equally claim that mandatory immunization itself is a lawless action.

I don't take it lightly. Children will die because their parents take these charlatans seriously?
Lol
Na, not really

Yes the left is very good at limiting free speech rights.

I know it’s news to you, but there is plenty of evidence that some types of vaccines may be dangerous.

These so-called anti-vaxxers groups on Facebook aren't going to go away anytime soon when they are overun by pro-vaxxer trolls furiously posting their Big Pharma propaganda. If you are really interested in knowing the truth about the safety and efficacy of vaccines, read books ...research independent studies. Don't depend on the Internet social media for information. Look at the Hewitson Primate studies, the Goodman and Gallagher Hepatitis B studies, the Desoto meta-analysis of mercury and autism, and the EPA "changepoint" year in autism prevalence study etc.

That's pretty selfish.

Ultimately...

giphy.gif

Is not a legitimate argument for stripping anyone of their Constitutional Rights.
I disagree. Heartily.

And I fully support your right to say so.
Your nobility makes my knees weak. Please stop trying to sound human.

Children die every single day, typically because someone did something stupid. You can't ban stupidity.

That would work if the anti-vaxxers were only exposing their own children. But they are exposing children too young or too sick to be immunized, who may have VERY smart parents.
Lol
Till Vaccines are 100% safe, 100% affective, 100% viable...There is no reason for everybody to be forced to taking them. You sick fucker

If the little bastard infects other kids, it is..

Obviously, you don't get the concept of herd immunity.

... forced vaccinations seem much like smallpox blankets given to Indians by the federal government

Forum List

Back