Facebook has Spoken

Really? What could Obama say that would influence the entire direction of a child's life in 10 minutes or less? If he could do that, could the child even understand what the hell Obama was saying? And supposing that the first two came to pass, do the parents of that child really have so little influence in their kids life that they couldn't discuss whatever evil plan Obama relayed into their heads and showed them how it was wrong? Really? This is a case of over-hyped imagination.

My child's school will not be showing it (for other reasons). But even if they did I wouldn't care. And even though I disagree with many of Obama's policies, this is just f'in ridiculous.

Perhaps a first, but I agree with you 100%. That's my argument too. The biggest "complaint" (which has now been removed) was the one asking what the child could do to help Obama. I can just imagine some of the suggestions: Send him cookies, take "Bo" to work; help me with my math... THESE ARE CHILDREN, not political junkies, for God's sake!

I saw that one. It was right next to the one that asked "How would you feel if President Obama was assassinated".
i didnt see that one

I did. It was sent by a right wing friend of mine...the same one that sent the OP poll. I told him it was in very bad taste and would not even take it....I saw that several of his friends said the same thing.

Not only bad taste, but it's one of the buzzwords DHS uses when scanning the Internet for threats against the president or terror activity.

Should President Obama be allowed to do a nationwide address to school children without parental consent?

Yes: 121,126 (41.8%)

No: 157,280 (54.3%)

I don't care: 11,418 (3.9%)

That's quite a few people in that poll.

Thats quite a few morons bigots racists and assholes like you...

Whats your point?

You are an embarrassment.

i didnt see that one

I did. It was sent by a right wing friend of mine...the same one that sent the OP poll. I told him it was in very bad taste and would not even take it....I saw that several of his friends said the same thing.

Not only bad taste, but it's one of the buzzwords DHS uses when scanning the Internet for threats against the president or terror activity.

Yes, that did cross my mind.

Facebook is now a credible source? Jeez. I would expect this from the 24% or so Americans who don't know which country we fought in the Revolutionary War. It's missing one vote, mine. I'm on Facebook, and I didn't want to offend my largely conservative friend base.

Facebook is the LAST place that I look for the news. This is the same place that people play farm simulations, and send each other virtual beers. For the love of God.....it's a social networking site, not a news or polling source.

No one is saying that.

I wanted to point out the large number of participants in the poll.

Dopey libs got all bent out of shape from the way the numbers went and did the usual attacks. :lol:

Last edited:
Should President Obama be allowed to do a nationwide address to school children without parental consent?

Whats your point?

and another. :lol:

yes we know, to you libs, anyone that isn't sucking on the communal tit, is a moron/bigot/asshole.

Thank you. :lol:

I am very proud that I am nothing like you. :clap2:

Yeah wiki is better...lol
yes, Wiki would be better, at least it has real sources at the bottom of the page, this poll only has about 200,000 people out of an adult population of about 200,000,000

Wiki, as bad as it is, would be better than Facebook. However, anybody, including you and me, can post to Wikipedia. That's what the truthers and birthers are doing, the wierdos.

I still think Wikipedia is the best first-stop research site. They have over the years cleaned up their lax editing policies (see link), and as someone mentioned, always provide their own sourced material at the bottom of every page for the benefit of those who don't trust an entry. I will often use Wiki just because if I don't use the proper defining words to do a Google search, if I use those words followed by + Wikipedia, bingo, I've got a full page of resource information from which to choose, rather than spending hours searching myself for something. They've already done it for me.

Wikipedia:policies and guidelines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as basic encyclopedic information, Wikipedia initially scanned World Book, so I seriously doubt there are any made up facts when searching, say the history of the Constitution.

Facebook polls have as much meaning as words written on a wall in urine.

I agree, it sure isn't scientific at all, and can't be considered reliable.
But I bet it is a fairly good cross section of the population.

Exactly, thank you. :clap2:

That's all I wanted to point out.

Too bad libs are so thin-skinned. The slightest indication of sometihng going against them is cause for massive angst and drama and attacks.

It's jihad lite with them really. That's what it's like.

Chris of course is Rose and Old Rocks is god I can't remember her name which is terrible because I watch the show all the time, but she is the one who is sofia's daughter.

"Dorothy" (that would be me :lol:) Oops, Bea Arthur just recently died. Not so funny.

but very dry.
I loved Sofia and I want to be Blanche when I get older.

Blanche was the funniest. One of the most hilarious episodes was when she was describing getting on top, and one of the other girls mentioned how gravity changes the whole structure of the face when looking down. Blanche was beside herself with embarrassment, as she tried it out using a mirror.

Stir created by Obama's speech to students is 'a sad time for America'
Posted by Mark Di Ionno/Star-Ledger Columnist September 04, 2009 6:40PM
Categories: Must-see stories, Real-Time News
Here we go again.

One side takes what should be a simple presidential pep talk and aggrandizes it into a "historic moment," and sends out a "menu of classroom" activities so teachers across America can bring home the president's message. The other side wraps itself in the flag and accuses the president of trying to brainwash American kids and create a "cult personality," as un-American as Mao or Saddam

*snip*

When President Bush addressed school kids, he was ripped by the left for using schools to make campaign speeches and push his conservative agenda.

Here's a sample of his remarks, from 2002.

"Young people have the energy and determination to do important work, and volunteer service can teach them valuable lessons about responsibility, community, and selflessness at an early age. Through these efforts, young people will learn how important service is to our nation, and how to get started today"

Stir created by Obama's speech to students is 'a sad time for America' - Mark DiIonno

Well... Reagan was a red blooded American; and while Bush had fascist tendencies, he was in the end, a nationalist with a character flaw that prevented him from recognizing that Left-think is a cultural virus which is to be shut out of the culture, not tolerated... I mean one wouldn't tolerate Ebola...

Hussein Obama is a communist... A Marxist. Marxism is an ideology which stands antithetical to the concept of America and those who adhere to such have no place being in any position which could even potentially influence children.

When a child looks up and sees a Marxist as President, it is easy for a child to conclude that "Marxism must be OK... After all, the President's a communist, so how bad could it be?" And from there, as that generation comes of age... that former child grows closer to the slavery of Communism and rationalizing away their own liberty.

And that is why I don't even allow Hussein to speak in my home, to anyone... for any reason. When we're watching Television... if he comes on in a commercial, I mute the sound. If he speaks in a news clip, I mute the sound. If he is speaking live, I change the channel. And I tell my child (13) that the man who is President is a bad man; that he's an Anti-American who has no business being President; that the election which brought him to power merely demonstrated the sad fact, that 51% of the nation are fools; and that it is the duty of every American to ignore his ass to the extent that is possible and to vote him out of office at the earliest opportunity; that hopefully it will be in an impeachment in 2011, after American regain power in the Legislature; but if 2012 is the best we can do... that's fine; we're a patient people and in life bad things happen and often that simply requires prayer and patients; that these things will pass one way or another.

edited-del

Whats your point?

and another. :lol:

yes we know, to you libs, anyone that isn't sucking on the communal tit, is a moron/bigot/asshole.

Thank you. :lol:

I am very proud that I am nothing like you. :clap2:

"you libs"

Fuck you moron. I'm not a lib or a democrat.

Facebook is now a credible source? Jeez. I would expect this from the 24% or so Americans who don't know which country we fought in the Revolutionary War. It's missing one vote, mine. I'm on Facebook, and I didn't want to offend my largely conservative friend base.

Facebook is the LAST place that I look for the news. This is the same place that people play farm simulations, and send each other virtual beers. For the love of God.....it's a social networking site, not a news or polling source.
you should vote
any "friend" that would be offended isnt really a friend at all

They would still be friends, as they are all well aware of my stance. I used to blog regularly, and for some reason.....many of them showed up to read it. But as the old adage goes: "You will catch more flies with honey.". So true. If I'm barfing venomous hatred toward Republicans, then I'm no better than people like Beck, Limbaugh, Coulter, and Malkin. It's hypocrisy. Noone is perfect. I believe that the key is understanding, knowledge, empathy, and compassion. (now let's put down the guitar, snuff the ganja, change out of our Birkenstocks, and get out of the lotus position :razz:)

You know, it's so easy for the average or below-average citizen to sit and criticize something that they know nothing about. And there are goobers in ALL parties. If a person clings to one ideal or policy and ignores all the others.....well, they are going to have a very narrow view of our complex country and citizens. Just like those "Christians" out there who only follow Paul's teachings, but completely ignore Jesus' teachings. (lot of those out there) But to get back on track...think rationally about this. Don't you think that if Obama is in fact a Marxist (maybe) or a Fascist (doubtful...too gun-shy) that people will see the handwriting on the wall? Communism by itself has proven time and again that it is not feasible. A balance of different philosophies and policies is the best option.

To use an old cliche: Think outside the box. Take the time to read about some of these people whom you distrust so much. Not every person fits neatly into one stack or another.

Thanks to those who actually stuck it out, and read the whole post.

I thought it was great. You need to post here more often.

Morons.... it was ok when Reagan spoke to schoolkids...

it was ok when baby bush spoke to school kids...

freaks.

were they required to write a letter to the president telling him how they could help him.....

proof please! :)

PROOF that ALL school children are REQUIRED to send the president a letter on how they can help HIM, pretty please!

Several of my elementary schools had us write letters to the president when i was a kid...though many of my schools were on air force bases, so this could be why we did it so often?

I just had a thought...that was funny to me. Remember "Surfing USSR", by Ray Stevens?
"YO YO YO YO YOOOOOOO!". It seems like the majority of conservatives have that view of liberals. It's like they look at our posts and hear that song in their minds.

Okay...I'm over it. :cool:

Srsly? What are you scared of? That the black man will brainwash your children in less than 10 minutes? That he will convert them to Islam? That they will all become 'wiggers'? That their hero will be an intelligent, articulate mixed race man? That they will be able to do a simple calculation in their little heads comparing the bumbling idiot Bush with the well-spoken Obama and will decide that white men are not da shit? If not, then what are the concerns here?

If it were Bush doing the address, this discussion would not even be here. I'm pretty darn sure of that.

I don't want to paint this issue in partisan colors. No siree. However, I am feeling a lot of racial tension behind it. All sorts of issues - seemingly out of nowhere - popped up for the first time during the term of a first mixed race president. I don't think it is a coincidence. Racists (even the closet ones 'with lotta black frieeends') got their panties in a wad. I think that's what's going on.

Last edited:
Morons.... it was ok when Reagan spoke to schoolkids...

it was ok when baby bush spoke to school kids...

freaks.

were they required to write a letter to the president telling him how they could help him.....

proof please! :)

PROOF that ALL school children are REQUIRED to send the president a letter on how they can help HIM, pretty please!

Several of my elementary schools had us write letters to the president when i was a kid...though many of my schools were on air force bases, so this could be why we did it so often?

NOT ONE OF OUR STUDENTS IN OUR 750+ ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ARE REQUIRED TO WRITE LETTERS TO THE PRESIDENT.

THIS IT DISTRICT WIDE.

The lies continue from the right................................

Forum List

Back