Facebook has Spoken

Facebook polls have as much meaning as words written on a wall in urine.

so you believe children should be forced to write a letter to the president telling the president how they can help him.....
Do you have proof they are being forced?
On the Washington state education page it says suggested reading material and activities nothing about how they must do this.
YOu guys are taking something very simple and making it into something dramatic.

I wanna know which Golden Girls Chris/Kirk and Old Rocks are.

Chris of course is Rose and Old Rocks is god I can't remember her name which is terrible because I watch the show all the time, but she is the one who is sofia's daughter.

Chris of course is Rose and Old Rocks is god I can't remember her name which is terrible because I watch the show all the time, but she is the one who is sofia's daughter.
the Bea Author character
LOL

Dorothy. I call her Maude. I thought Dorothy was the funniest one by far.

that is what I am saying. If I am single when I am her age I still want to be active, maybe not as much as her.

Morons.... it was ok when Reagan spoke to schoolkids...

it was ok when baby bush spoke to school kids...

freaks.

were they required to write a letter to the president telling him how they could help him.....

nice to spread lies...

President Obama’s Address to Students Across America September 8, 2009

btw, when my son was in elementary school, they had to write to the president -- who happened to be dubya...

you know what I did? I helped him write it.... to that pathetic excuse for a president who got us involved in his pathetic war of choice... and when my son got something back from the white house, you know what i said? i said... "oh...how nice... you got something from the president. isn't that cool"?

you're being insane....and you're usually not insane.

Last edited:
Stir created by Obama's speech to students is 'a sad time for America'
Posted by Mark Di Ionno/Star-Ledger Columnist September 04, 2009 6:40PM
Categories: Must-see stories, Real-Time News
Here we go again.

One side takes what should be a simple presidential pep talk and aggrandizes it into a "historic moment," and sends out a "menu of classroom" activities so teachers across America can bring home the president's message. The other side wraps itself in the flag and accuses the president of trying to brainwash American kids and create a "cult personality," as un-American as Mao or Saddam

*snip*

When President Bush addressed school kids, he was ripped by the left for using schools to make campaign speeches and push his conservative agenda.

Here's a sample of his remarks, from 2002.

"Young people have the energy and determination to do important work, and volunteer service can teach them valuable lessons about responsibility, community, and selflessness at an early age. Through these efforts, young people will learn how important service is to our nation, and how to get started today"

Stir created by Obama's speech to students is 'a sad time for America' - Mark DiIonno

Well... Reagan was a red blooded American; and while Bush had fascist tendencies, he was in the end, a nationalist with a character flaw that prevented him from recognizing that Left-think is a cultural virus which is to be shut out of the culture, not tolerated... I mean one wouldn't tolerate Ebola...

Hussein Obama is a communist... A Marxist. Marxism is an ideology which stands antithetical to the concept of America and those who adhere to such have no place being in any position which could even potentially influence children.

When a child looks up and sees a Marxist as President, it is easy for a child to conclude that "Marxism must be OK... After all, the President's a communist, so how bad could it be?" And from there, as that generation comes of age... that former child grows closer to the slavery of Communism and rationalizing away their own liberty.

And that is why I don't even allow Hussein to speak in my home, to anyone... for any reason. When we're watching Television... if he comes on in a commercial, I mute the sound. If he speaks in a news clip, I mute the sound. If he is speaking live, I change the channel. And I tell my child (13) that the man who is President is a bad man; that he's an Anti-American who has no business being President; that the election which brought him to power merely demonstrated the sad fact, that 51% of the nation are fools; and that it is the duty of every American to ignore his ass to the extent that is possible and to vote him out of office at the earliest opportunity; that hopefully it will be in an impeachment in 2011, after American regain power in the Legislature; but if 2012 is the best we can do... that's fine; we're a patient people and in life bad things happen and often that simply requires prayer and patients; that these things will pass one way or another.

... btw, when my son was in elementary school, they had to write to the president -- who happened to be dubya...

you know what I did? I helped him write it.... to that pathetic excuse for a president who got us involved in his pathetic war of choice... and when my son got something back from the white house, you know what i said? i said... "oh...how nice... you got something from the president. isn't that cool"?

you're being insane....and you're usually not insane.

All wars are a choice... War is the means by which one culture imparts it will upon another. It's Nature's cure for terminal idiocy...

Sadly, such often requires that a culture be completely destroyed in order that a sound, viable, sustainable culture can be rebuilt where before stood a decadent unsustainable herd of irrational feminzied idiots.

Not to worry, it'll work itself out...

Facebook is now a credible source? Jeez. I would expect this from the 24% or so Americans who don't know which country we fought in the Revolutionary War. It's missing one vote, mine. I'm on Facebook, and I didn't want to offend my largely conservative friend base.

Facebook is the LAST place that I look for the news. This is the same place that people play farm simulations, and send each other virtual beers. For the love of God.....it's a social networking site, not a news or polling source.
you should vote
any "friend" that would be offended isnt really a friend at all

They would still be friends, as they are all well aware of my stance. I used to blog regularly, and for some reason.....many of them showed up to read it. But as the old adage goes: "You will catch more flies with honey.". So true. If I'm barfing venomous hatred toward Republicans, then I'm no better than people like Beck, Limbaugh, Coulter, and Malkin. It's hypocrisy. Noone is perfect. I believe that the key is understanding, knowledge, empathy, and compassion. (now let's put down the guitar, snuff the ganja, change out of our Birkenstocks, and get out of the lotus position :razz:)

You know, it's so easy for the average or below-average citizen to sit and criticize something that they know nothing about. And there are goobers in ALL parties. If a person clings to one ideal or policy and ignores all the others.....well, they are going to have a very narrow view of our complex country and citizens. Just like those "Christians" out there who only follow Paul's teachings, but completely ignore Jesus' teachings. (lot of those out there) But to get back on track...think rationally about this. Don't you think that if Obama is in fact a Marxist (maybe) or a Fascist (doubtful...too gun-shy) that people will see the handwriting on the wall? Communism by itself has proven time and again that it is not feasible. A balance of different philosophies and policies is the best option.

To use an old cliche: Think outside the box. Take the time to read about some of these people whom you distrust so much. Not every person fits neatly into one stack or another.

Thanks to those who actually stuck it out, and read the whole post.

Should President Obama be allowed to do a nationwide address to school children without parental consent?

Yes: 121,126 (41.8%)

No: 157,280 (54.3%)

I don't care: 11,418 (3.9%)

That's quite a few people in that poll.

Ohhhhh, Facebook. Now there's a reliable straw poll. :lol:

Facebook polls have as much meaning as words written on a wall in urine.

Seriously. Can't you just see all the anti-Obama folks frantically Twittering each other to vote in the poll? It really does say volumes about the intelligence level of some people who take this kind of shit seriously.

Forum List

Back