Facebook has Spoken

I did. It was sent by a right wing friend of mine...the same one that sent the OP poll. I told him it was in very bad taste and would not even take it....I saw that several of his friends said the same thing.
i guess none of my facebook friends would post such a poll

Neither would mine.

Notice it's the lib that passes it along though. :lol:
well, in all honesty, none of my facebook friends are political friends
most are high school friends i hadnt heard from in decades

Facebook is an good source for scholarly information, statistics and surveys such as this one. It should be taken very seriously.

LOL!

Maybe some posters on here can start using it to back up their facts, and link to it too!

Yeah wiki is better...lol
yes, Wiki would be better, at least it has real sources at the bottom of the page, this poll only has about 200,000 people out of an adult population of about 200,000,000

Stir created by Obama's speech to students is 'a sad time for America'
Posted by Mark Di Ionno/Star-Ledger Columnist September 04, 2009 6:40PM
Categories: Must-see stories, Real-Time News
Here we go again.

One side takes what should be a simple presidential pep talk and aggrandizes it into a "historic moment," and sends out a "menu of classroom" activities so teachers across America can bring home the president's message. The other side wraps itself in the flag and accuses the president of trying to brainwash American kids and create a "cult personality," as un-American as Mao or Saddam

*snip*

When President Bush addressed school kids, he was ripped by the left for using schools to make campaign speeches and push his conservative agenda.

Here's a sample of his remarks, from 2002.

"Young people have the energy and determination to do important work, and volunteer service can teach them valuable lessons about responsibility, community, and selflessness at an early age. Through these efforts, young people will learn how important service is to our nation, and how to get started today"

Stir created by Obama's speech to students is 'a sad time for America' - Mark DiIonno

LOL!

Maybe some posters on here can start using it to back up their facts, and link to it too!

yes, Wiki would be better, at least it has real sources at the bottom of the page, this poll only has about 200,000 people out of an adult population of about 200,000,000

Wiki, as bad as it is, would be better than Facebook. However, anybody, including you and me, can post to Wikipedia. That's what the truthers and birthers are doing, the wierdos.

Morons.... it was ok when Reagan spoke to schoolkids...

it was ok when baby bush spoke to school kids...

freaks.

Bush isn't a pathalogical liar with delusions of Godhood in control of an adulating media that kisses his ass at every turn.

You know how wiki works?
yes, i've actually corrected mistakes on Wiki, and i know it isnt easy, but persisitence pays off, especially when you have the proof to back it up

The Obama Feds disseminated lesson plans, suggested specific activities and outcomes - none of which has ever been done by a president before in this kind of scenario.

Add to the fact that almost every classroom in America today has a television in it - that was not the case 20 plus years ago.

If Obama did nothing wrong he would not be backtracking.

Of particular interest regarding this situation is the number of schools saying they want nothing to do with the Obama speech and lesson plan - it is yet another indication of his falling support in key groups.

To say nothing of the fact that the Van Jones issue has now surpassed this issue in the present and near-term news cycle...

I think Facebook should have posed the question as .....do you think it is appropriate that the U.S. Dept of Education suggested classroom activities in relation to Obama's speech?

And in my opinion, from what I've seen on Facebook, it is nothing but simple minded stuff and stupid games. I would never use it for a source of information.

Facebook is now a credible source? Jeez. I would expect this from the 24% or so Americans who don't know which country we fought in the Revolutionary War. It's missing one vote, mine. I'm on Facebook, and I didn't want to offend my largely conservative friend base.

Facebook is the LAST place that I look for the news. This is the same place that people play farm simulations, and send each other virtual beers. For the love of God.....it's a social networking site, not a news or polling source.

Facebook is now a credible source? Jeez. I would expect this from the 24% or so Americans who don't know which country we fought in the Revolutionary War. It's missing one vote, mine. I'm on Facebook, and I didn't want to offend my largely conservative friend base.

Facebook is the LAST place that I look for the news. This is the same place that people play farm simulations, and send each other virtual beers. For the love of God.....it's a social networking site, not a news or polling source.
you should vote
any "friend" that would be offended isnt really a friend at all

Forum List

Back