F***ing "A"!!!! Now they're after King Tut!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by KarlMarx, Jun 20, 2005.

1. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    OK....now I'm mad!!!!!!

As head of the USMB Department of Egyptology, I'm here to tell you that King Tut WAS NOT BLACK!!!!!!!

Get over it black people!!!!! He was an African but he was not black.... that's the way it is... (black pharaohs did not appear until Dynasty 26 when the Nubians took over the country)

And if these idiots are waiting for an apology.... I have a "was" sceptre for them to put up their you-know-what!!!!!

http://u.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,211~23523~2921859,00.html

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    the NAACP would be out of business if it weren't for it's continual racist rants.

3. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    "That's not good enough for the activists, who demonstrated peacefully before an opening reception Wednesday and planned to protest again at today's opening."

I'm glad to see that they are picking the important topics to protest. Never mind the problems with education, parenting, jobs, teen pregnancies, etc.

"Don't worry about going to school and getting an education; as long as we can say that King Tut was a brother, we'll be all right."

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well, having seen the King Tut exhibit in the 70's, I am really looking forwards to its return next year. I am miffed though that it won't be opening in Chicago until 5/31/06, meaning I will not be able to make a field trip out of it!

5. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    http://www.ashmol.ox.ac.uk/gri/4tut.html

great website on the Tut excavation.... exhaustive photographs of the tomb contents.... hope you enjoy it

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Bookmarked, thanks! I'd rep, but can't. ;)

7. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Damn there is a head of this department on this board...he wasn't black? was he brown or somewhere in-between...kinda like a grey area...geez all this time I thought he was possibly dark because sun screen hadn't been invented yet...what the hell do I know...after all I went into law enforecement cause I did not do well in pre-med...lol...like history,archaelogy though! :eek:

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    damn profiling !!!!--------just cause a dude has a bunch of gold all up in his grill, it don't make him a brutha !:afro:

9. Trigg

Trigg Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Here's an interresting article that talks about how they chose the skin color. It also has a larger pic. which shows him to be a carmel color (for lack of a better word). He doesn't look typically white like the protesters are saying.

Also any reading on the subject will explain that the Egyptians and French knew who they were reconstructing and the US was kept in the dark. All of the reconstructions came out pretty similar apparently. Also, why would the Egyptians let him be "white washed" it's their history and they're proud of it. It looks to me like they're trying to be accurate.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/05/0510_051005_tutsface.html

Vignal deduced that Tutankhamun had a narrow nose, buck teeth, a receding chin, and Caucasian features. Such features are typical of European, North African, Middle Eastern, and Indian peoples.

Paris-based forensic sculptor Elisabeth Daynès then created the bust shown above. She used Vignal's estimates of skin thickness and other data, plus wooden sculptures of Tut made in his youth. Soft-tissue features, such as the nose and ears, had to be guessed at, though within a scientifically determined range. Daynès based the skin tone on an average shade of Egyptians today and added the eyeliner that the king would have worn in life

10. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Some of the same people have long insisted that Jesus was black as well.