F-150 only American vehicle likely to reach 200,000 miles.

I've been seeing a lot of commercials lately that Chevy is the best this, that and the other thing, winning all these awards. Were they mentioned at all? I've always been Ford/Toyota, myself.

It doesn't sound very scientific for Consumer Reports.

Just about any car will last 200k miles if maintained properly, assuming that it is not involved in a significant accident. Rust is the car equivalent of cancer, and I suspect it is responsible for a lot of cars. being junked, while the rest of the car might be worth saving.

The older a car is, the more likely it will be owned by someone who is impecunious and unwilling to keep up with the maintenance.

I've been seeing a lot of commercials lately that Chevy is the best this, that and the other thing, winning all these awards. Were they mentioned at all? I've always been Ford/Toyota, myself.

Nope, no Chevys.

I owned a nice Toyota once...a '77 Celica with an R-22 engine. The only Japanese car I'd buy again. The wife has a Mazda masquerading as a Ford Probe. But I've had all F-150s except one redheaded stepchild Chevy Cheyenne...but none from the 21st century. My '89 XLT heavy half has way over 200k on it. I've hated it the most with it's electronic fuel injected 302 and AODE overdrive transmission...but I can't fault her for outlasting most of her peers.

You mean cars with American company nameplates. Many of those Hondas and Toyotas are built in U.S. factories...
I see what you're saying...but if you asked a thousand people to name American cars 99% would understand that to mean the big three...GM, Ford and Chrysler.

Back in the day, we only ever bought Toyota beaters. $350, $450 got an additional 300,000 miles each before they died. I used to swear that the doors would fall off as the engine was still running.

Back in the day, we only ever bought Toyota beaters. $350, $450 got an additional 300,000 miles each before they died. I used to swear that the doors would fall off as the engine was still running.

I never buy used vehicles because the interest rate is stupid high. I can buy a new truck for 0% or .9% financing.

My dad was a Joe Chrysler guy.

I have always been a Jeep guy.

Forum List

Back