Ezra: The Sith Odyssey (American Idealism -- Art/Bazaar)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a capitalism-elegy in honor of 9/11.

Happy Thanksgiving USMB,

I posted this in the Lounge rather than in the Writing section, since it's basically a politics-yarn.

Signing off,

ezra9.jpg

====

"A golden child of capitalism was 'elected' by the peoples in various political cartoons published in Harper's Bazaar, a magazine of society trends and aesthetics and American idealism. This 'golden child' was a Chinese-American baby named Ezra. Ezra was used for consumerism-idealistic ads about water-gun sales and the distribution of lifestyle-themed toys/goods to youngsters. Consumerism itself was on trial."

fc2.jpg

"Ezra was a gorgeous little Chinese-American babe. He was the personification of multiculturalism in America and a terrific 'spokesperson' for new age marketing. Bazaar was the ideal forum for Ezra to shine, and consumerism ads about water-guns reflected Ezra's bright eyes and optimism towards the 'adult-world' perspectives on capitalism and democracy. However, terrorism was still a threat and the super-terrorist organization known as Cobra despised Ezra. What would become of Bazaar's 'ideals-ads' about Ezra the 'golden child' of capitalism under TrumpUSA?"

ezra1.jpg

"A great war arose between Cobra and the secret unit of patriotic American paramilitary crusaders known as 'G.I. Joes.' The Joe-Cobra War signified all the filth and fury of modern globalization unrest and turbulence regarding traffic destabilization caused by anti-capitalism sentiments around the world. Cobra had unified terrorist groups in the Middle East and elsewhere, so the G.I. Joes had to be sure that terrorism would not spell doom for the enchanting podium for the golden child Ezra."

ezra2.jpg

"An underworld team of masked vigilantes known as the Strangers rose to prominence in this time. The leader of the strangers, a masked Scarecrow-like philosopher named Sack-Head, decided to sacrifice his life for Ezra. Sack-Head declared himself as the sacrificial 'Messiah' who would take unto himself the humiliation now placed ominously on the child Ezra. Sack-Head intended to make the Strangers a 'team' of prophets determined to prove through deed and valor that no child should be given the burden of carrying the torch of capitalism-pedagoguery at the cost of life itself. Bazaar declared Sack-Head and the Strangers to be the ultimate group of 'artistic crusaders'."

ezra3.jpg

"As the Strangers delivered pro-democracy messages about the Pentagon and the White House, the G.I. Joes began dismantling the awful influence of Cobra. Ezra was safe now, and Bazaar writers began positing the notion that the 'Jedis' of civilization had defeated the looming threat of 'Sith' forces which threatened basic idealism towards life and liberty. It seemed that Ezra and Harper's Bazaar would triumph, and it was all thanks to the Strangers and the G.I. Joes."

ezra4.jpg

"The Jedi and Sith references were useful for Bazaar, since they referenced the warring warrior-clans from George Lucas's Americana-symbolic space-opera epic Star Wars. The Jedi were democracy-defenders, while the Sith was a group of anarchists. Bazaar suggested that capitalism rhetoric and democracy idealism would not be undermined by the scars of 9/11 and the Joe-Cobra War, since terrorism would not prevail over the forces of peace-promoting commerce in TrumpUSA."

ezra5.jpg

"A comics writer/artist named Ajay Satan recruited by Bazaar began writing a series of post-war political cartoons about Sack-Head sacrificing himself for the sake of Ezra, prompting his wife (a member of the Strangers), a woman named Felicia, to become a 'priestess' of American passion. When Sack-Head gave his life for Ezra, Felicia became the spokesperson for American idealism. Ajay Satan cast Felicia as Marvel's pseudo-heroine 'Black Cat' (prowling around America as modern-day Joan of Arc and sending messages about the 'vitality' of pedestrian poetry). Was this all religious?"

ezra6.jpg

"The new sci-fi horror-film Alien: Covenant presented a story about human space-explorers engaging with an intelligent predatory species known as 'Xenomorphs' who forced them to re-evaluate their definitions of survival and consciousness itself. This futurama-dystopian paranoia-film obviously symbolized modern fears about the disintegration of customs in the era of profiteerism. Would capitalism breed Xenomorphs or G.I. Joes?"

ezra7.jpg

"Ajay Satan wrote an NFL-patriotism story about Black Cat (Felicia) hyping capitalism-highlighting sports-marketing in a nation celebrating sports-culture films like Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise). Ajay wrote that Black Cat wanted the L.A. Rams, Tom Brady's Patriots, and the N.Y. Giants to be considered 'titans' of new age entertainment-industry enthusiasm. Black Cat would reminisce about the martyrdom of her husband Sack-Head and how he was the 'culture-foil' for the Patriots' Super Bowl winning QB Tom Brady. This was a 'sports-marketing elegy,' but could consumers embrace such rhetoric after 9/11?"

brady8.jpg

TRUMP: Sack-Head and the G.I. Joes saved the day!
CARTER: I love Ajay Satan's cartoons in Bazaar about Black Cat.
TRUMP: Yes, consumerism can become very elevated...
CARTER: There're still anti-TrumpUSA political-cartoons out there, sir.
TRUMP: As President, I have the opportunity to create excitement!
CARTER: Are you worried about pedestrian dissatisfaction?
TRUMP: I believe in Captain America and Black Cat, Carter.
CARTER: Maybe we should all 'follow the yellow brick road.'
TRUMP: Golden child Ezra will be the new Little Orphan Annie!
CARTER: Hail to capitalism (and democracy).

ezra8.jpg

====

:1peleas:

Forum List

Back