Extendn Unemplymnt Insurnce Ths Yr Shld Be A Given Fr Cngrss!

Oh and if you are jealous of someone collecting benefits, instead of moaning about it start a small company and hire someone or more. As soon as employment gets into a healthy range there will be no extensions.

Cutting off those benefits will cause economic pain tht won't stop at the unemployed.

15,000,000 US households without any money isn't going to do real good things to the economy generally, folks.

Trickle down economics policies don't work, haven't ever worked, nor will it ever work as long as supply is high and demand is low.

We need TRICKLE UP economic policies.

If the choice is between taking care of our own and romping around in Iraq and Afghanistan then I say bring those boys home and let them sign up for unemployment and school too.

Cutting off those benefits will cause economic pain tht won't stop at the unemployed.

15,000,000 US households without any money isn't going to do real good things to the economy generally, folks.

Trickle down economics policies don't work, haven't ever worked, nor will it ever work as long as supply is high and demand is low.

So with your logic why not just give everyone in America 400$ a week, forever.

Extending those benefits will cause more pain. Every day people don't work their job skills deteriorate and it becomes harder to employ them.
Those households will not have no money because they are not entirely dependent on UE checks to begin with. The tax burden alone is enough to stop the checks.
What is referred to as "trickle down" economics in fact is economics. Growth comes from investment.

That's not my logic that's you idiotic interpretation of it.

I can't do anything about the fact that you take a proposal, rewrite it, and then demand that I defend your silly interpretation of it.

Here -- let me rewrite the Supply Sider's ideas to give you an idea of just how silly you're being:

Why not give all the money to the rich and let trickle down economic policies solve everything?

Pretty silly, huh?

Growth comes from growth investment, not gold, not silver, not rehashing the same old tired industries but from sucking up the gut and investing in research and new inventions.

playing the stock market is a coward's game and reaps a coward's reward.

I can't do anything about the fact that you take a proposal, rewrite it, and then demand that I defend your silly interpretation of it.

Here -- let me rewrite the Supply Sider's ideas to give you an idea of just how silly you're being:

Why not give all the money to the rich and let trickle down economic policies solve everything?

Pretty silly, huh?
That's actually a better solution than extending unemployment benefits.

Pretty silly, huh?

We already saw what the rich do with it. Create asset bubbles...or to be more specific...talk a bunch of bullshit to jack the prices of an item up beyond any rational measure of its true worth then leave the little guy to suck up his mess.

Yes, they must extend unemployment beyond the nearly 2 years it already runs. Because we don't want people having to go out to look for work during the Xmas season, right? They should be home, enjoying the holidays with lots of presents courtesy of the US taxpayer.

What a 'tard. People need to get off their asses and get a job. If they end up on the street then we can see about doing something. But people are resourceful. They will find something to do.

15,000,000 unemployed.

3,000,000 job openings.

Get it?

Neither one of those numbers is fixed, with new jobs opening all the time.
Geddit??

In the short run, they are. The economy can't expand fast enough to absorb the unemployed at rate Americans find acceptable.

So on your view maybe we should extend unemployment permanently. Maybe ration jobs like they did in France.

Federal extensions are part of the public policy. We do it every time unemployment rises to an unacceptable level.

Let's see! Want to get the budget in better shape. Pick only one.

TARP
Afghanistan
Iraq
Unemployment Benefits

Guess which one is far and away the least costly. Guess which reaps the greatest economic benefit.

That would be a good idea in some circumstances. In fact, we may be approaching it in our economy. Some economists believe we're facing structural unemployment which never will fall. Unless we permanently subsidize some former workers, they will suffer greatly.

15,000,000 unemployed.

3,000,000 job openings.

Get it?

Neither one of those numbers is fixed, with new jobs opening all the time.
Geddit??

In the short run, they are. The economy can't expand fast enough to absorb the unemployed at rate Americans find acceptable.

So on your view maybe we should extend unemployment permanently. Maybe ration jobs like they did in France.

Federal extensions are part of the public policy. We do it every time unemployment rises to an unacceptable level.

And what is government doing for unemployment other than spending us into more debt and getting in the way of business?

Pretty silly, huh?

We already saw what the rich do with it. Create asset bubbles...or to be more specific...talk a bunch of bullshit to jack the prices of an item up beyond any rational measure of its true worth then leave the little guy to suck up his mess.

Yet another economic illiterate joins the board.
Welcome!

That would be a good idea in some circumstances. In fact, we may be approaching it in our economy. Some economists believe we're facing structural unemployment which never will fall. Unless we permanently subsidize some former workers, they will suffer greatly.

And it will give the SEIU yet another source for union members. My question is: What do we do if the unemployed threaten to strike?

Welcome!

Looks like the truth still holds the bite it ought. Seems the illiterates are the ones who made this hellish mess out of the country these last couple of decades. You know, the ones who consider themselves ( and I use the term loosely ) "the experts".

Welcome!

Looks like the truth still holds the bite it ought. Seems the illiterates are the ones who made this hellish mess out of the country these last couple of decades. You know, the ones who consider themselves ( and I use the term loosely ) "the experts".

Looks like I misunderstood you. You aren't just economically illiterate but also functionally illiterate and unable to think beyond stock phrases and cliches.
On to iggy you go. Too many of your type to deal with.

Welcome!

Looks like I misunderstood you. You aren't just economically illiterate but also functionally illiterate and unable to think beyond stock phrases and cliches.
On to iggy you go. Too many of your type to deal with.

Okay,
You can sit there and do name calling. I will work on some logic.

Repeating my earlier post:

Let's see! Want to get the budget in better shape. Pick only one.

TARP
Afghanistan
Iraq
Unemployment Benefits

Guess which one is far and away the least costly. Guess which reaps the greatest economic benefit.

What percentage of just the Iraq part of the budget would we have to forego to pay for Unemployment Benefits? My guess is less than 5% but we may look it up if you like.

And what is government doing for unemployment other than spending us into more debt and getting in the way of business?

Do you know what an economy is? It's money in motion and business has failed to make it move so the government has to do it. That takes debt or taxes. Personally, I think taxes would be the better choice but that's politically far more difficult than borrowing.

Forum List

Back