Explain to me why this happens when government control of our water is supposed to prevent it?

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Typical big government failure.

The frantic fight to keep the Oroville Dam crisis from turning into a catastrophe

The tallest dam in the US, completely controlled by fat assed government bureaucrats....and the results are exactly the same, or possibly worse, than the scenario of resources managed by NON government entities.

Well..the same except for one thing...in the current scenario, worthless bureaucrats get wealthy and the locals get washed away. If the locals had control, #1, they would be the wealthy ones, along with their communities, and #2, I bet the state of repair would be significantly better. If not, meh, still an improvement over shitty dams and poor residents. If we're going to have shitty dams, at least let the people profit off the resources. So their families can have a little nest egg in the event of losing the primary bread winners in a catastrophic flood.

Poor Cali..the poster child for progressivism.

How're things going down there? LOLOL...

Just keep funding the military and economically cannibalizing society to redistribute societal wealth to the top, it'll all be fine, go shopping.

Just keep funding the military and economically cannibalizing society to redistribute societal wealth to the top, it'll all be fine, go shopping.

Does that have something to do with the OP? If it does, why don't you go ahead and try to make the point. I'll give you about 2 minutes.

Where's the Little Dutch Boy when you need him?
Dutch-finger-in-the-dike.jpg

so I suppose you have proof that money was diverted from dam maintenance and given to the military?

FYI the Army Corp of Engineers is part of the DoD and the DoD is one of the sanctioned regulatory agencies for dams so more money for the DoD means more money for their regulatory responsibilities vis a vis dams

The frantic fight to keep the Oroville Dam crisis from turning into a catastrophe

The tallest dam in the US, completely controlled by fat assed government bureaucrats....and the results are exactly the same, or possibly worse, than the scenario of resources managed by NON government entities.

Well..the same except for one thing...in the current scenario, worthless bureaucrats get wealthy and the locals get washed away. If the locals had control, #1, they would be the wealthy ones, along with their communities, and #2, I bet the state of repair would be significantly better. If not, meh, still an improvement over shitty dams and poor residents. If we're going to have shitty dams, at least let the people profit off the resources. So their families can have a little nest egg in the event of losing the primary bread winners in a catastrophic flood.

I'm not sure how any sane person could try to make a spillway failure into some sort of political issue, but please explain any wrong doing in the design or building, or any other aspect of that dam that you think caused this terrible problem, or is hindering it's repair. Sounds like you are, yet again, spouting off about things you just don't understand.

Does that have something to do with the OP? If it does, why don't you go ahead and try to make the point. I'll give you about 2 minutes.

Try to do your own thinking.

I understand your point, but there is no indication that funds being spent elsewhere could have predicted this problem. I guess your remark about thinking for herself just went right over her head. Most things do.

A hole in the emergency spillway sounds like a lack of maintenance inspections. On the other hand, it is some sort of record rain levels too.

The locals didn't pay for the dam- or the improvements to the dam.

That 'shitty' dam has been working for 50 years now. If it wasn't for the government there would be no dam at all, and none of the farmers and ranchers who depend on that water would have access to it.

Forum List

Back