Expert Says He’s Found Biblical City of Sodom

Are you promoting the book?

Steven Collins is repeatedly smacked down by the archaeological community. Not to mention he lies about his academic qualifications.

"I’ve noticed over the years of reading updates written personally by Collins or sent by his organization that he is very careful to refer to himself as “Dr. Collins.” Since his title is clearly important to him, I took a look at his university profile and learned that his PhD is from Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary, an online distance education program for “self-directed adult learners.” (This is not the same school where Collins is now the Dean and “Distinguished Professor of Archaeology,” also a distance educational program without accreditation.) Collins appears to be a professor of archaeology who has never earned a degree from a school with an archaeology program."

BiblePlaces Blog: Excavator Finds Evidence of Destruction at ?Sodom?

Collins is an evangelical christian desperately searching to prove the provenance and historicity of the bible.

But I'm sure he sells a lot of books to fundies.

I don't believe people always need higher criticism or advanced degrees to tell the truth. It is just your method of controlling who can tell the truth or who can tell the story.

Calling people "fundies" is defamation and discrimination.

Hmmm, no it's not. Fundie is short for fundamentalist, christians who believe the bible is a literal account, they believe in the 6 day creation 6000 years ago (or is it BC?), noah and the deluge, the exodus from egypt, etc.

You object to the use of the word "fundie" yet you can't even get the name of your messiah correct.

Alfalfa,

Fundamentalism came into play around the 1800's to defend the Christian faith against the liberal theologians and or defend the Christian faith against evolution which wasn't a totally bad idea. Over time the term has took on the barnacles of time and generations no longer have enough of a Bible background to know who is right so being fundamental doesn't necessarily change a person and making a lot of rules robs the person from hearing from God. I know a church that had rules from the 1800's and they voted to change.

Today we are still fundamental but we are Evangelical or post Evangelical. Real Christianity is more about love.

If you went into court, the lawyer might say, "Do you mind if I refer to you as...?" They are usually polite. Do you think Fundie is a compliment or an insult? Was your reply positive or negative?

I try to treat people with gentleness and respect and I ask that you treat me the same.

Chuck

I don't believe people always need higher criticism or advanced degrees to tell the truth. It is just your method of controlling who can tell the truth or who can tell the story.

Calling people "fundies" is defamation and discrimination.

Hmmm, no it's not. Fundie is short for fundamentalist, christians who believe the bible is a literal account, they believe in the 6 day creation 6000 years ago (or is it BC?), noah and the deluge, the exodus from egypt, etc.

You object to the use of the word "fundie" yet you can't even get the name of your messiah correct.

Alfalfa,

Fundamentalism came into play around the 1800's to defend the Christian faith against the liberal theologians and or defend the Christian faith against evolution which wasn't a totally bad idea. Over time the term has took on the barnacles of time and generations no longer have enough of a Bible background to know who is right so being fundamental doesn't necessarily change a person and making a lot of rules robs the person from hearing from God. I know a church that had rules from the 1800's and they voted to change.

Today we are still fundamental but we are Evangelical or post Evangelical. Real Christianity is more about love.

If you went into court, the lawyer might say, "Do you mind if I refer to you as...?" They are usually polite. Do you think Fundie is a compliment or an insult? Was your reply positive or negative?

I try to treat people with gentleness and respect and I ask that you treat me the same.

Chuck

"and or defend the Christian faith against evolution which wasn't a totally bad idea."

Hilarious...heheh.

I didn't call you a fundie, although I think you might be a pretty good candidate.

So stow the crocodile tears...

Last edited:

Alfalfa,

Chuck

"and or defend the Christian faith against evolution which wasn't a totally bad idea."

Hilarious...heheh.

I didn't call you a fundie, although I think you might be a pretty good candidate.

So stow the crocodile tears...

I am still a person with feelings and I've been slandered on the internet for about 20-30 years with someone calling me a 'fundie'. He came onto a Christian board, made up nonsense to get us to reply and then posted the information on the internet to make us look ridiculous.

When you have people tackling you out of your desk at school or setting you up or trying to put garbage in your food or drink to poison you for being a Christian then you will understand what it is like to be persecuted. It is hate like defining people other than what they want to be defined as.

Forum List

Back