Expert Says He’s Found Biblical City of Sodom

Expert Says He’s Found Biblical City (of Sodom)

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/04/21/expert-says-hes-found-biblical-city/

There, says Latayne Scott – co-author along with Collins of Discovering the City of Sodom – was the jackpot.

http://pages.simonandschuster.com/discovering-the-city-of-sodom

I bought the book.

Are you promoting the book?

Steven Collins is repeatedly smacked down by the archaeological community. Not to mention he lies about his academic qualifications.

"I’ve noticed over the years of reading updates written personally by Collins or sent by his organization that he is very careful to refer to himself as “Dr. Collins.” Since his title is clearly important to him, I took a look at his university profile and learned that his PhD is from Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary, an online distance education program for “self-directed adult learners.” (This is not the same school where Collins is now the Dean and “Distinguished Professor of Archaeology,” also a distance educational program without accreditation.) Collins appears to be a professor of archaeology who has never earned a degree from a school with an archaeology program."

BiblePlaces Blog: Excavator Finds Evidence of Destruction at ?Sodom?

Collins is an evangelical christian desperately searching to prove the provenance and historicity of the bible.

But I'm sure he sells a lot of books to fundies.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/04/21/expert-says-hes-found-biblical-city/

There, says Latayne Scott – co-author along with Collins of Discovering the City of Sodom – was the jackpot.

I bought the book.

Chuck, I love how archaelogy always confirms the biblical accounts of history. I remember some preacher once saying if God didn't judge America he would have to apologise for destroying Sodom and Gomorrah. It is so true. He must judge America because surely we have outdone them right here in the USA! May God have mercy upon this country. It is surely at the door. I saw someone who quoted Isaiah 17 and it occured to me that many do not realize what precedes Isaiah 17. It is in Isaiah 13 and and I do believe that is America. I searched out the footnotes and it lines up with Revelation 18 - which is America.. no question about it.

I bought the book.

One more thing, Chuck. This discovery lines up with the Bible in that in the end days we would know far more. More discoveries are being made every day that prove that every single word of the bible is true! Thanks for the link!

I bought the book.

Chuck, I love how archaelogy always confirms the biblical accounts of history. I remember some preacher once saying if God didn't judge America he would have to apologise for destroying Sodom and Gomorrah. It is so true. He must judge America because surely we have outdone them right here in the USA! May God have mercy upon this country. It is surely at the door. I saw someone who quoted Isaiah 17 and it occured to me that many do not realize what precedes Isaiah 17. It is in Isaiah 13 and and I do believe that is America. I searched out the footnotes and it lines up with Revelation 18 - which is America.. no question about it.

Actually, the more we know the less the archaeological record aligns with the bible.

I bought the book.

I think it was Billy Graham who said if God didn't judge America.

Actually, the more we know the less the archaeological record aligns with the bible.

That isn't true.

I bought the book.

Steven Collins is repeatedly smacked down by the archaeological community. Not to mention he lies about his academic qualifications.

"I’ve noticed over the years of reading updates written personally by Collins or sent by his organization that he is very careful to refer to himself as “Dr. Collins.” Since his title is clearly important to him, I took a look at his university profile and learned that his PhD is from Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary, an online distance education program for “self-directed adult learners.” (This is not the same school where Collins is now the Dean and “Distinguished Professor of Archaeology,” also a distance educational program without accreditation.) Collins appears to be a professor of archaeology who has never earned a degree from a school with an archaeology program."

Collins is an evangelical christian desperately searching to prove the provenance and historicity of the bible.

I don't believe people always need higher criticism or advanced degrees to tell the truth. It is just your method of controlling who can tell the truth or who can tell the story.

Calling people "fundies" is defamation and discrimination.

I don't believe people always need higher criticism or advanced degrees to tell the truth. It is just your method of controlling who can tell the truth or who can tell the story.

Hmmm, no it's not. Fundie is short for fundamentalist, christians who believe the bible is a literal account, they believe in the 6 day creation 6000 years ago (or is it BC?), noah and the deluge, the exodus from egypt, etc.

You object to the use of the word "fundie" yet you can't even get the name of your messiah correct.

Last edited:

The same people who don't require formal accreditation from an established educational institution in science disciplines like archaeology will refuse to hire a pastor for their church unless he has a divinity degree from an established religious institution.

Last edited:

Yes, it was. You're right. Thank you, Chuck. I was thinking about how judgment is standing at the door this morning. I woke up before 3 a.m. this morning and the Lord was showing me the grave danger this nation is in and how close we are now. I realised I have been sitting back putting up songs and not saying very much to warn people and as I do care very much for their souls it would behoove me to say more than I have. One of the things the Lord was laying on my heart was that we are in this work together. To declare and decree the written word of God against principalities, powers, to tear down the Kingdom of hell and speak forth the Word of the Living God! Our God is greater! We serve a mighty God and we need to let people know that He is able to protect them and their families in this coming hour but if they will not come? It will be too late.

The same people who don't require formal accreditation from an established educational institution in science disciplines like archaeology will refuse to hire a pastor for their church unless he has a divinity degree from an established religious institution.

That is not true with all churches. Half the pastors out there actually live on the level of poverty and can't afford higher education.

That isn't true with all Calvary Chapel churches.

I'm trying to think who else.

But then you're trying to blame us for what you're doing.

Yes, it was. You're right. Thank you, Chuck. I was thinking about how judgment is standing at the door this morning. I woke up before 3 a.m. this morning and the Lord was showing me the grave danger this nation is in and how close we are now. I realised I have been sitting back putting up songs and not saying very much to warn people and as I do care very much for their souls it would behoove me to say more than I have. One of the things the Lord was laying on my heart was that we are in this work together. To declare and decree the written word of God against principalities, powers, to tear down the Kingdom of hell and speak forth the Word of the Living God! Our God is greater! We serve a mighty God and we need to let people know that He is able to protect them and their families in this coming hour but if they will not come? It will be too late.

I think God will hold back judgment until the very end because if He came today, a lot of people wouldn't be saved. If he came 20 years ago, would you have been a Christian? How about 30 years ago, would you have been saved? How about if He came 100 years ago, would you have been saved?

On the subject of judgment, Chuck. God isn't sending anyone to hell. God loves everyone! People send themselves to hell when they choose to serve a God of their own making that does not line up word for word with the Biblical account of who God says He is. God is holy. He sent his Son to die on a cross for our sins but also to give us a new nature that desires to please God. The cross reconciles us back to God so that we can have a relationship with him. On His terms. Not our own.

Getting to the point of what the brother said: He said imagine you go to a beautiful neighborhood. You find the nicest house on the block and you knock on the door and say, I'm a good person! I want to live here. The owner says, I don't know you and shuts the door.

If we do not want a relationship with the owner of the house ( HEAVEN ) then we should not expect him to open the door and let us in when that day comes. People can decide to reject the truth of the Bible, the message of the Cross, the Son of God and His Father but they have to accept the consequences of that decision. If they choose to remain a stranger the owner of the house has no obligation to open the door and let them come in. It was their decision. Not Gods.

I think God will hold back judgment until the very end because if He came today, a lot of people wouldn't be saved. If he came 20 years ago, would you have been a Christian? How about 30 years ago, would you have been saved? How about if He came 100 years ago, would you have been saved?

Chuck, the day we leave this earth? That IS our judgment day. It's over. If you die in your sins - it is too late for you. People sometimes lose focus and begin to dwell on the end of the world. The last day we spend on our is the end of "our world" and then comes the judgment. On the other hand, I do not believe for one moment the fall of America is the end of the world! I don't believe that at all. I believe it will feel like the end of the world for Americans because most of them have never lived in a war zone before.

So, when is the “very end”? 20, 30, 100, 1,000 years from now? Had you lived 1,000 years earlier, would you have anticipated that the ‘very end’ would still not have come about 1,000 years later. When do you anticipate the ‘very end’ to be? In the infinite scheme of things, life is immeasurable.

So, when is the “very end”? 20, 30, 100, 1,000 years from now? Had you lived 1,000 years earlier, would you have anticipated that the ‘very end’ would still not have come about 1,000 years later. When do you anticipate the ‘very end’ to be? In the infinite scheme of things, life is immeasurable.

My point is, if God comes back today, will your unsaved relatives go to hell or does God have a plan to save them and not come back? That is the question.

The end is the time of the harvest. When is harvest time? Before winter or when the farmer is done with his crops and it is time to reap.

God measures time morally and when a civilization can't right itself morally then He may consider the iniquity of the gentiles full. The problem is that people are born all the time and they grow up and can change and make a difference. God said that when we find it hopeless, He doesn't because God said:

Romans 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

We don't know when revival could break out or when God can take out His church. It is totally up to God and it is not for us to know the times or seasons.

Acts 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Matthew 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

God hasn't fully dealt with some cultures until their iniquity is full:

Genesis 15:16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

You almost have to be G-d to know what the future holds in order for you to know how He will judge.

So I have a few more verses because I can:

Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Matthew 18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

Is Church for the 99 or the 1? Will God delay His coming for the "1" who wandered off?

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

2 Thessalonians 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Paul tells us there has to be a falling away first. America has been falling away slowly. Is it a one time event or gradual? I don't know.

Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Romans 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

When does the wild olive tree branch get broken off?

Matthew 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Matthew 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

I don't think God will return until the end of harvest but that is my opinion. You are all smart people. Use the scriptures to see if you can find anything better.

The Bible does teach that Jesus can come back at any time and that it is immenent but I think the idea is to plan your life like there is tomorrow but to live your life like God can come back at any moment.

Last edited:
RuPaul and Tim Gunn are going to arm wrestle to see whose show gets to film there first

Forum List

Back