Expected Change

What do you expect to be the biggest change, the biggest difference, and most socially and economically beneficial improvement from January 2017 to January 2021? This is NOT a political party question. This question concerns the actions of the new president and members of Congress, regardless of who wins in November 2016.

What I want is different to what I expect.

If the GOP prevails conditions will continue to deteriorate for the middle and lower class while the wealthy will increase the gap.

If the Dems prevail I hope to see a change in the make up of the SCOTUS that might have a long term impact (2026 and beyond) on campaign financing which in turn might restore some semblance of representation back to We the People.

Really, you are still blaming the Republicans after almost 8 years of Obama running things and 10 after the democrat take over of Congress. Really? That is the sum total to your answer to the OP question. WOW, I am right I see nothing beneficial coming in the future.
medical breakthroughs will continue

What happens if the news we are hearing about immortality is true? What if the treatment cost 10 million dollars per person? Obviously only the rich could afford that technology that EVERYONE will want. What then?

Then consider if that happens what happens to a world being filled by third world countries?

What happens if the news we are hearing about immortality is true? What if the treatment cost 10 million dollars per person? Obviously only the rich could afford that technology that EVERYONE will want. What then?

Then consider if that happens what happens to a world being filled by third world countries?

On second thought I guess if someone is going to live forever then a long term loan isn't out of the question.

--LOL

we are on the edge of living 150 years

What do you expect to be the biggest change, the biggest difference, and most socially and economically beneficial improvement from January 2017 to January 2021? This is NOT a political party question. This question concerns the actions of the new president and members of Congress, regardless of who wins in November 2016.

If the GOP prevails conditions will continue to deteriorate for the middle and lower class while the wealthy will increase the gap.

If the Dems prevail I hope to see a change in the make up of the SCOTUS that might have a long term impact (2026 and beyond) on campaign financing which in turn might restore some semblance of representation back to We the People.

Really, you are still blaming the Republicans after almost 8 years of Obama running things and 10 after the democrat take over of Congress. Really? That is the sum total to your answer to the OP question. WOW, I am right I see nothing beneficial coming in the future.

Unlike you I am taking a long term view. Real change comes incrementally. That you prefer to focus on the partisan (violating the OP) says volumes.

At some point the GOP will evolve from the current chaos into a viable option with good policies for We the People which is why I see no short time change if they prevail in 2016.

The Dems will move the center of the SCOTUS away from the extreme right and that will have long term positive impacts. I am not crediting the Dems with anything other than that potential change.

So much for this being a non-political question! That didn't last long!
It was, and is, a political question. It is NOT a political party question.

Your right..........He sees Judicial Activism to get his views passed. Creating a Kangaroo SCOTUS, where he can get his liberal Utopia. Doesn't matter that the people don't agree, and it is done around Congress. Perhaps they will attempt to seize all weapons then and have tingling sensations down their legs...........

The Status Quo will prevail. We will more than likely be TRUMPED to get Hillary elected. The border will not be secured and our immigration laws will be ignored even more. They will pass the TPP and outsource even more jobs irregardless of Party elected.

The Markets will crash, if we last that long, and it will put the world in Depression. Leading to a complete Global economy and push for a one world currency with debt forgiveness in the mix.

After this the Islamic Radicals will have another 9/11 times 10 and engulf the world in War. Probably in some place like Mecca where they would unite together to go on a Jihad.............

Just guesses from the crystal ball.

Warning........the Crystal ball I'm using has an Out of Order sign on it.

You summed it up well. He is admitting that the reform he wants is not popular and can't thus be achieved to the democratic process, so it needs circumvented. How many times in the past have we heard that very idea from despotic leaders?

Unlike you I am taking a long term view. Real change comes incrementally. That you prefer to focus on the partisan (violating the OP) says volumes.

At some point the GOP will evolve from the current chaos into a viable option with good policies for We the People which is why I see no short time change if they prevail in 2016.

The Dems will move the center of the SCOTUS away from the extreme right and that will have long term positive impacts. I am not crediting the Dems with anything other than that potential change.
3scotus-walmart.jpg

I think we will see scramjet technology evolve supporting world wide travel in minutes. Robots and autonomous flight.

and the Keystone Pipeline

-Geaux

Travel worldwide in minutes sounds good, I just hope physics don't get in the way.

Keystone Pipeline? What benefit do you think that will bring? I am not against it I just don't understand what it is a big deal either way.

To beat the mantra Mathew retorts.... Infrastructure. Put people to work building something through America. It will not solve world hunger, but it will be us taking care of ourselves. Looking at our overall oil demand, contributing more to our capacity is the right thing to do,

As for scramjet. Indeed the science is complex

An aircraft using this type of jet engine could dramatically reduce the time it takes to travel from one place to another, potentially putting any place on Earth within a 90-minute flight. However, there are questions about whether such a vehicle could carry enough fuel to make useful length trips, and there are heavy FAA regulations regarding aircraft that create sonic booms over United States land.[39][40]

Scramjet vehicle has been proposed for a single stage to tether vehicle, where a Mach 12 spinning orbital tether would pick up a payload from a vehicle at around 100 km and carry it to orbit.[41]

Scramjet - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Your right..........He sees Judicial Activism to get his views passed. Creating a Kangaroo SCOTUS, where he can get his liberal Utopia. Doesn't matter that the people don't agree, and it is done around Congress. Perhaps they will attempt to seize all weapons then and have tingling sensations down their legs...........

The Status Quo will prevail. We will more than likely be TRUMPED to get Hillary elected. The border will not be secured and our immigration laws will be ignored even more. They will pass the TPP and outsource even more jobs irregardless of Party elected.

The Markets will crash, if we last that long, and it will put the world in Depression. Leading to a complete Global economy and push for a one world currency with debt forgiveness in the mix.

After this the Islamic Radicals will have another 9/11 times 10 and engulf the world in War. Probably in some place like Mecca where they would unite together to go on a Jihad.............

Just guesses from the crystal ball.

Warning........the Crystal ball I'm using has an Out of Order sign on it.

You summed it up well. He is admitting that the reform he wants is not popular and can't thus be achieved to the democratic process, so it needs circumvented. How many times in the past have we heard that very idea from despotic leaders?

it is how they operate

No.

The right is very anti-science, anti-medicine, anti-helping people.

you are a loser

Exhibit A in evidence for the current chaos in the GOP.

you are even worse then the other guy because

you make absolutist no sense what so ever

seek help

Ironic!

:rofl:

Hopefully those "medical breakthroughs" you are expecting will stop your IQ from dropping any lower.

Might I point out that YOU are the one that made it about party, not me.

You offer nothing of benefit just political BS then blame me for responding. Yikes, logic like that is why I don't see much beneficial in the future.

No.

you are a loser

seek help

Ironic!

Hopefully those "medical breakthroughs" you are expecting will stop your IQ from dropping any lower.

seek help

really you need it

your problems are obvious

Might I point out that YOU are the one that made it about party, not me.

You offer nothing of benefit just political BS then blame me for responding. Yikes, logic like that is why I don't see much beneficial in the future.

Given that the parties have different agendas and the OP asked a short term question regarding expected change during the next administration it was necessary to provide answers for both options.

Speaking impartially and factually about the current state of the parties is obviously beyond your abilities.

Have a nice day.

On second thought I guess if someone is going to live forever then a long term loan isn't out of the question.

--LOL

That has been promised for quite some time. But I really don't see it happening. People who survived child birth always lived a long life. We make a big deal out of someone making it to 100 years old but it happens all the time and as medical science improves those living longer increases, thus it looks as if people are living longer. Problem is the body still wears out. What do we do with these people who are wore out at 100 but live to be 150? I think we need to work on quality, first, then quantity. That is the problem, reversing the bodies already programmed aging rate.

aaah! My dumb!

--LOL

That has been promised for quite some time. But I really don't see it happening. People who survived child birth always lived a long life. We make a big deal out of someone making it to 100 years old but it happens all the time and as medical science improves those living longer increases, thus it looks as if people are living longer. Problem is the body still wears out. What do we do with these people who are wore out at 100 but live to be 150? I think we need to work on quality, first, then quantity. That is the problem, reversing the bodies already programmed aging rate.
It would be nice if it could be done.

aaah! My dumb!
No problem. You're fine.

No.

you are a loser

seek help

Ironic!

timid_men_prefer_the_calm_of_despotism_postcard-r92995ceb689846a29c85c26cc87c9bfb_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

aaah! My dumb!
No problem. You're fine.

Well not really but thanks :) ;)

Forum List

Back