Expected Change

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
What do you expect to be the biggest change, the biggest difference, and most socially and economically beneficial improvement from January 2017 to January 2021? This is NOT a political party question. This question concerns the actions of the new president and members of Congress, regardless of who wins in November 2016.

Truthfully, I expect nothing beneficial. I hate to be negative but I see nothing to change that opinion. I hope there are folks that will post and change my mind.

Technology will continue to improve. Nothing else seems realistic.

What do you expect to be the biggest change, the biggest difference, and most socially and economically beneficial improvement from January 2017 to January 2021? This is NOT a political party question. This question concerns the actions of the new president and members of Congress, regardless of who wins in November 2016.

What I want is different to what I expect.

If the GOP prevails conditions will continue to deteriorate for the middle and lower class while the wealthy will increase the gap.

If the Dems prevail I hope to see a change in the make up of the SCOTUS that might have a long term impact (2026 and beyond) on campaign financing which in turn might restore some semblance of representation back to We the People.

The question is, how beneficially? there are plenty of reports of robots replacing humans in the not so near future. These are humans that perform jobs that can be replaced, you know low pay and low education type jobs. The same jobs that those flooding the border will do. So even though technology will advance it might not be an improvement for the working joe.

I can see in the near future doctors being replaced by scanners. Step in, get scanned, then told what other robot to see.

Meanwhile the world is pumping out more and more people to be in competition with the robots. Once robots learn how to replicate themselves we might be finished.

If the GOP prevails conditions will continue to deteriorate for the middle and lower class while the wealthy will increase the gap.

If the Dems prevail I hope to see a change in the make up of the SCOTUS that might have a long term impact (2026 and beyond) on campaign financing which in turn might restore some semblance of representation back to We the People.

Really, you are still blaming the Republicans after almost 8 years of Obama running things and 10 after the democrat take over of Congress. Really? That is the sum total to your answer to the OP question. WOW, I am right I see nothing beneficial coming in the future.

medical breakthroughs will continue

What happens if the news we are hearing about immortality is true? What if the treatment cost 10 million dollars per person? Obviously only the rich could afford that technology that EVERYONE will want. What then?

Then consider if that happens what happens to a world being filled by third world countries?

On second thought I guess if someone is going to live forever then a long term loan isn't out of the question.

If a Dem is elected, obstruction by Rs will continue.

If its a Pub, they'll continue to do nothing - except start wars.

The question is, how beneficially? there are plenty of reports of robots replacing humans in the not so near future. These are humans that perform jobs that can be replaced, you know low pay and low education type jobs. The same jobs that those flooding the border will do. So even though technology will advance it might not be an improvement for the working joe.

I can see in the near future doctors being replaced by scanners. Step in, get scanned, then told what other robot to see.

Meanwhile the world is pumping out more and more people to be in competition with the robots. Once robots learn how to replicate themselves we might be finished.

I don't believe it will come down to that. The human need for interaction will always be there...
We are becoming more technically smart but less "life/problem solving" smart.

I wonder what the average IQ is in this Country?

So much for this being a non-political question! That didn't last long!

Energy independence
New medical care program
Jobs
No illegals
Strengthened military
Action on debt
Tax reform

If not we need to revolt and eliminate.

Violence will continue. Both encroaching closer to the home front; and increasing within it.

I have to agree and it will only stop when we all have been reduced to the lowest denominator.

I read some of the headlines concerning violence and it sounds like a plot to an B movie yet it is real.

I think we will see scramjet technology evolve supporting world wide travel in minutes. Robots and autonomous flight.

and the Keystone Pipeline

-Geaux

So much for this being a non-political question! That didn't last long!

By definition, its a political question.

The right takes from the poor to give to the wealthy. They benefit from wars and harming the poor, as in, more for-profit .
The left believes in investing in country and citizens and helping the least among us.

Energy independence
New medical care program
Jobs
No illegals
Strengthened military
Action on debt
Tax reform

If not we need to revolt and eliminate.

What do you see that will stop the flood of illegals? It has been going on since before Reagan and there is no indication that it will stop in the near future, matter of fact it will get worse. The Pope is saying it is our moral duty to allow an influx of undocumented tourists.

Where do you see job growth that will out pace humans ability to reproduce?

Your list COULD happen, which ones do you really think WILL happen?

I think we will see scramjet technology evolve supporting world wide travel in minutes. Robots and autonomous flight.

and the Keystone Pipeline

-Geaux

Travel worldwide in minutes sounds good, I just hope physics don't get in the way.

Keystone Pipeline? What benefit do you think that will bring? I am not against it I just don't understand why it is a big deal either way.

Last edited:

Really, you are still blaming the Republicans after almost 8 years of Obama running things and 10 after the democrat take over of Congress. Really? That is the sum total to your answer to the OP question. WOW, I am right I see nothing beneficial coming in the future.
Your right..........He sees Judicial Activism to get his views passed. Creating a Kangaroo SCOTUS, where he can get his liberal Utopia. Doesn't matter that the people don't agree, and it is done around Congress. Perhaps they will attempt to seize all weapons then and have tingling sensations down their legs...........

The Status Quo will prevail. We will more than likely be TRUMPED to get Hillary elected. The border will not be secured and our immigration laws will be ignored even more. They will pass the TPP and outsource even more jobs irregardless of Party elected.

The Markets will crash, if we last that long, and it will put the world in Depression. Leading to a complete Global economy and push for a one world currency with debt forgiveness in the mix.

After this the Islamic Radicals will have another 9/11 times 10 and engulf the world in War. Probably in some place like Mecca where they would unite together to go on a Jihad.............

Just guesses from the crystal ball.

Warning........the Crystal ball I'm using has an Out of Order sign on it.

Forum List

Back