expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Done deal for carson vinnie? thats somewhat laughable when the land doesnt smell like toxic waste,then they may be close.

the chargers so called fight for a stadium in SD has been half assed at best.

SD honored lease terms,STL chose not to.situations not identical or comparable.

Last edited:
There has never been a doubt that Rams owner Stan Kroenke would relocate to Los Angeles after the Inglewood City Council approved the Inglewood stadium plan . The Land , Financing and the Team are all in place .

What I still have a problem with is folks saying that Stan is said to take in either the Chargers or the Raiders . No ... not going to happen .

One doesn't invite the competition into his own backyard . People are so obstinate to beileve that just because the Inglewood stadium has two sets of locker rooms and office suites , then two teams are moving in . Stan may have another trick up his sleeve ?

The question was never that the NFL could move only one team to L.A., indefinitely , because early in this game Rams owner Stan Kroenke has strategically positioned himself into the Los Angeles Market by a purely Business like approach that has made itimpossible for the League to reject by accordance to the United States Federal Anti-Trust Laws , which the the rules of the feable NFL Constituion , Polices and By-Laws which all 32 NFL franchise owners have made allegiance to are worthless.

Forget everything that the media and the NFL has slunged at us for the last 9 months . The Chargers , Raiders , a Carson stadium proposal , a North Riverfront stadium proposal , a Oakland stadium proposal , a San Diego stadium proposal ... It really comes back down to Square One when Rams owner Stan Kroenke has made it a one team move to Los Angeles since Jan 2015 .

delusional except for this-
"Kroenke could move anyway and put the league, which seems to lose every time in is forced to assert its authority in court, in a very bad and embarrassing spot.

Will the NFL owners have the guts to stand up to Kroenke for the sake of upholding their principles? I doubt it."

Read more here:
The easiest solution to the Rams question

Last edited:
River of denial.lol

St. Louis Mayor Slay: Progress of Riverfront Stadium Project 'Turning Heads' > insideSTL.com - St. Louis Sports, Music, Entertainment and Nightlife > CBS Sports 920 Feature Interviews

August 10th, shares his vision with the NFL on what he intends to build on the property...

July 2015 -Purchases land in Calabasas Ca to build a mega sports training facility..

August 2015- Closes on purchased land in Calabasas Ca.

September 2015- Agreement in place to play the 2016,17, maybe 2018 season at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum!

September 2015 - Attorney's preparing relocation and logistical plan outside of St Louis..

St Louis is DONE!!

yep thats why its a river of denial in st lou.lol

[URL='http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2015/09/24/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-LA.aspx']http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/…/Leagues-an…/NFL-LA.aspxCan the league really tell where the Rams/Chargers/Raiders can go? Kroenke (rams) has the cash to tell Goddell & Co. 'Blow me Im moving to LA' while Spanos (Chargers) still foolishly believes that the NFL can keep the Rams out of LA . . . Davis (Raiders) at this point may as well give up on moving to LA . . . Why not a move to Sacramento ? ? ? ?

Loneliest+Number%3f+NFL+Reportedly+Wants+Only+One+Team+Relocating+To+L.A.+Market[/URL]

Neither project for NFL team in LA has enough league votes to make move - CBSSports.com

This article seems to be another reminder that the NFL is throwing out there to show that the League still will have the final word of the Los Angeles relocation .

Why would Commissioner Goodell and NFL V.P. Eric Grubman and his Committee On Los Angeles Opportunities state earlier this year that they would most likely move up the timeline for teams filing for relocation which is currently between Jan 1 to Feb 15 to the ending of this year , and then continue to pospone the decision ?

The NFL has had a major problem brewing since the beginning of 2015 with not only Rams owner Stan Kroenke and his potential ' rouge ' move to construct a $1.86 billion , 80,000 seat stadium in Inglewood and move his Rams from St Louis , with little or no imput from Kroenke to the League , but also with the ' leverage ' game being dragged out by Spanos and the Chargers and a last ditch effort by Davis and the Raiders to remain in their current cities.

The NFL's postponements for teams filing for relocation this Fall could be a strategy that will allow more time for new stadium proposals in San Diego and Oakland to develop their proposals into something definite and tangible that would eliminate the bulk of the burden of a three-team-relocation frenzy to a manageable one , Kroenke in Inglewood .

The city of San Diego has a sensible new stadium proposal on the table , and the extra time needed to place the financing plan on a November ballot for the citizens to vote on , but Spanos in my opinion wants more then what is being presented to him by the City of San Diego Citizens Task Force .

The city of Oakland is struggling to come up with any new stadium proposal . Mark Davis and the Raiders are broke , in NFL terms of value . Ranked 32nd in the NFL's franchise's worth , Davis will either have to remain at the o_Oc or sell the Raiders for the better of the team , and the city of Oakland.

The city of Carson will be , or should be tied up with environmental health and safety reports for at least the next 12 months at the new stadium site . Toxic waste clean-up at the old landfill is still ongoing , so there's no possible way a proposed stadium could begin construction , if it ever was meant to be , by the end of 2015 . If the Carson proposal doesn't become a reality , then the Chargers and Raiders are doomed in Los Angeles , packing their bags with no where to go .

Which all comes back to Stan Kroenke and the Inglewood stadium project . Until steel and concrete begins to rise above the Inglewood skyline , the NFL is probably praying that San Diego and Oakland gets their shit together in their new stadium financing plans . This gives Stan Kroenke the best hand in this game , and don't think for one moment that Kroenke will Take In either the Chargers or the Raiders in Inglewood , even if it is against the wishes of the NFL's owners .

It is and has always been solely Stan Kroenke and the Los Angeles Rams in Inglewood in 2016 .

Last edited:
Some owners actively opposing L.A. move by Rams

here's no way a delay would do anything to favor Kroenke, other than end the debate de facto because Kroenke's going to start digging in December (Remember, since there's no OFFICIAL ties of the Rams to the stadium, the NFL has no basis to even ASK Kroenke to refrain from digging, much less demand it.)

Plus, the whole idea that "Well, St. Louis may have a viable stadium" would be nonsense because that would be *rewarding* St. Louis for breaking the top tier clause for the EJD and then coming up with a transparent scheme to force the team to stay for less money anyway (in a rathole stadium).

What I think is going on? Of course owners are going to be saying they prefer Chargers and Raiders to Carson *when it's unofficial*. That increases leverage on San Diego and Oakland while not committing them to anything. When push comes to shove, they're not going to turn down NFL Disneyland or set a precedent that cities can break promises to owners (the people voting on this) and owners won't be able to do anything about it. That makes absolutely no sense.

and this is a big IF) there is any truth to this, all it means is that this committee will completely hose the entire process. There's just as good a chance that Mr Kroenke has enough votes to block any move that the Chargers or Raiders want to make. IF Mr Kroenke wants to move, he'll move. The Chargers refusal to discuss proposals pit forth by San Diego to build on the current Qualcom site as opposed to downtown, does not mean that they have negotiated in good faith with the city of SD. As for disruption of fanbases, moving the Rams disrupts one SMALL fanbase. While moving the Chargers and Raiders angers 3 fanbases. Stupid backwards logic on part of Richardson. Sounds more personal than business.

Bull! It's not going to a vote! What we have now is a negotiating process between Stan, the league and the Spanos family. The Chargers will get their stadium (in San Diego)..... They are figuring out how to get it funded.

NFL spin machine in action in response to Terry Bradshaw's comments that "the Rams are gone to LA, it's a done deal and everyone knows it". Gotta keep the fallacy alive that there is still some doubt.
BINGO.

I just heard on ESPN that Jeff Fisher practiced this week as if it was going to be a road game, they're planning on using a silent count at home because crowd noise. Every hotel in the metro St. Louis area has been sold out with Steeler fans. Fill the dome ha ha

pRICELESS.LOL

2nd - Steve Wyche/NFL Network was reporting from the Dome. Access. Same Wyche that told Bernie Rams were gone.

funny.

Andre Jeanbart - Photos/Videos of Bring Back the Los... | Facebook

Last edited:
Chargers won't be Kroenke 'tenant'

The one thing krenoke has is money. And money talks. He has the means and money to do and go wherever he wants to go. The raiders and chargers do not. The new stadium in Inglewood will begin construction in december with or without NFL approval. Kreonke will most likely destroy the carson stadium by himself.

Spanos needs help to move the Chargers to Carson, while Kroenke needs no help to move the Rams to Inglewood. "So Dean-o, would you like to pay your rent on the 1st or the 15th?"

Danny HernandezThis is funny, This was exactly one of my very first comments on BBTLAR page ..

I posted as the process moves further along and to secure the Rams alone in Los Angeles he would work out a financial deal with both the Raiders and Chargers, possibly paying a higher relocation fee and participating in funding with the NFL for their stadiums

Up in arms St Louis and Raider fans on here blasted me..citing "collusion".. and whatever 3rd grade education word they could spell ..

Well .. Its not collusion, its reality.. Chargers will stay in SD and the Rams are leaving St Louis. Raiders can't finance a candy bar. Where will they end up? ...Not LA!

Saw this coming back in January. Whatever fee the Rams get charged the NFL would be smart and use it to help San Diego and Oakland. If St. Louis keeps the Rams then everybody will pin there hopes on a toxic dump in Carson.#takethemoneyplease
https://www.facebook.com/losangeles...total_comments=23&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}

The members of the Board of Aldermen in St Louis already know that Stan Kroenke and the Rams are going to Los Angeles , with or without the consent of the NFL's 31 other franchise owners .

You have a $1.86 billion , 80,000 seat Inglewood stadium project set to begin construction in December 2015 in a joint venture by Stan Kroenke and his Kroenke Group , Stockbridge Capital and the Hollywood Park Land Company in a 300 acre redevelopment project in Inglewood , Ca.

These are far too much influence and power in these parties involved in the Inglewood stadium project that the NFL can't fight in court as plaintiffs against the NFL not allowing a Rams move to Inglewood if Kroenke doesn't get the 3/4 vote from the other 31 NFL franchise owners.

Remember people , it wasn't Raiders owner Al Davis who won that 11 years old Anti-Trust lawsuit in 1989 against the NFL for not allowing Davis and his Raiders to relocate to Los Angeles , it was the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Commission who initially won the lawsuit they filed against the NFL for not allowing the Coliseum Commission from making a honest and legal profit in the Raiders relocating and performing in the Coliseum .

The United States Federal Anti-Trust Laws are very clear in this . Each NFL franchise and their owners are a separate corporate enity in a Free Market in this country , despite of what the NFL's Constitution , Policies and By-Laws may state . The NFL's rules are held only in good faith by the 32 NFL franchise owners . They cannot be demanded Where , How or Why they can conduct their business of a profit making venture in exchange for a service to the public as sports entertainment according to the U.S. Anti-Trust Laws .

I believe the Board of Aldermen in St Louis know this ... so goes the approval of funding , and so goes the NFL in St Louis .

Fish For Life With Former Quarterback Jim Everett and Fish For Life Founder Jim Holden

Mike- I do like your point and in most cases it would be valid, but this L.A. case is specifically different and I'll tell you why. It's not as if L.A. has never had a team before and the Chargers were being dangled in front of them. If that were the case, I think your point rings true with validity. But in this particular case, there are 3 teams being dangled, 2 of which have significant emotional and historical ties to the city, the Rams being the most, the Raiders 2nd, and the Chargers a distant, distant, and I mean almost non-existent 3rd (they had one year- in 1960- which means absolute squat to anyone in L.A. now vs almost 60 yrs. in S.D.). So, the perception is that not only would the Chargers be ignored here in L.A., but they would actually be despised if their arrival blocks the Rams or the Raiders (The Rams by far have the most storied and historic claim to this city for reasons to great to list). L.A. doesn't actually want someone else's team at all, but the feeling is that the Rams were stolen with false promises and were never really St. Louis' team to begin with. Now, going back to your point above, imagine if Baltimore had a legitimate chance to get their beloved Colts back but the Browns/Ravens busted in and said Baltimore was their market...blah blah blah...and actually ended up blocking the Colts return. How do you think Baltimore would have felt about that? That's kind of what's going on here now. I love football, played it, and to this day it is my favorite all time sport. But I rather continue on with no team than to rip the Raiders or Chargers from the cities where they belong. However, theBring Back the Los Angeles Ramsare who I feel are still my true hometown team and there is almost 50 years of glorified history to back that up. That is the difference with this current scenario vs. your point above.

Oakland Raiders could be sold to billionaire, B/R reports

If you take the time to go through Cole's reports over the past several months, you will find that he goes whichever way the wind blows. He seems to have an anti-Kroenke bias because Kroenke won't speak to him. Therefore, to Cole, the Rams will stay in St. Louis. This is what "journalism" has sunk to, "reporters" like Cole.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back