Ex-U.S. Arms Hunter Kay Says No Stockpiles in Iraq

A bit more on Kay's Klarification:

David Kay, the former head of the coalition's hunt for Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, yesterday claimed that part of Saddam Hussein's secret weapons programme was hidden in Syria.

In an exclusive interview with The Telegraph, Dr Kay, who last week resigned as head of the Iraq Survey Group, said that he had uncovered evidence that unspecified materials had been moved to Syria shortly before last year's war to overthrow Saddam.

"We are not talking about a large stockpile of weapons," he said. "But we know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of Saddam's WMD programme. Precisely what went to Syria, and what has happened to it, is a major issue that needs to be resolved."

Dr Kay's comments will intensify pressure on President Bashar Assad to clarify the extent of his co-operation with Saddam's regime and details of Syria's WMD programme. Mr Assad has said that Syria was entitled to defend itself by acquiring its own biological and chemical weapons arsenal.

Syria was one of Iraq's main allies in the run-up to the war and hundreds of Iraqi officials - including members of Saddam's family - were given refuge in Damascus after the collapse of the Iraqi dictator's regime. Many of the foreign fighters responsible for conducting terrorist attacks against the coalition are believed to have entered Iraq through Syria.

A Syrian official last night said: "These allegations have been raised many times in the past by Israeli officials, which proves that they are false."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...25.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/01/25/ixnewstop.html

if "there were never weapons of mass destruction in iraq," then all those kurds must've just died of joy. whatcha think?

I've heard some apologists agree with Saddam's claim that the mass graves were filled with the corpses of criminals.

Yeah. Right.

Originally posted by phenryr_13
if "there were never weapons of mass destruction in iraq," then all those kurds must've just died of joy. whatcha think?

They had them there at one time, nobody disputes that. What remains is what they had if any, in the moments leading up to war. What exactly they had, how much, and their ability to produce additional weapons... We just don't know the answers yet, and may never.

We could have known this for sure before hand had Saddam cooperated unconditionally with inspectors and abided by UN resolutions. He failed to do so and action was taken. Now he's just another part of history and the world is that much safer.

A Syrian official last night said: "These allegations have been raised many times in the past by Israeli officials, which proves that they are false."
HAHA, has a good point, but definitly not proof.

As I noted on the 14th of February, intelligence authorities have claimed that weapons of mass destruction are moved around Iraq by trucks, in particular that there are mobile production units for biological weapons. The Iraqi side states that such activities do not exist.

Several inspections have taken place at declared and undeclared sites in relation to mobile production facilities. Food-testing mobile laboratories and mobile workshops have been seen as well as large containers with seed-processing equipment. No evidence of proscribed activities have so far been found.
BLIX

Is this what has become of your posting, Jones? Simple copying and pasting with rarely a thought of your own? I might have to start calling you Dawoud Jr.

Atleast you won't be constantly asking me to PROVE shit to you.

Originally posted by jones
Atleast you won't be constantly asking me to PROVE shit to you.

I gave up on that long ago. I notice you failed to provide links to the ENTIRE stories of the quotes you have provided. We all know they'll lead us to just another conspiracy site. No thanks, I don't need anymore of your proof.

I like how the weapons are never found --- but there's always a story that they have magically absconded to whatever country the Jews have in their sights next, i.e., Syria. When we bomb the crap out of Syria, it'll be the same story. "Well, sir, we can't find anything, but we're sure they're now in... Lebanon! Yeah, that's it! Oh, now they're in Egypt!"

I fully expect Paul Wolfowitz to announce that the weapons of mass destruction are now located on the Aryan Nations compound. Gee, Paul, what's your real motivation? Oh, right, the safety and security of America. Sorry, my mistake.

Don't need tinfoil to pick up these signals --- just a brain.

Given that Saddam had 12 years to perfect his concealment game, it is not surprising that they are well hidden.

Originally posted by William Joyce
I like how the weapons are never found --- but there's always a story that they have magically absconded to whatever country the Jews have in their sights next, i.e., Syria. When we bomb the crap out of Syria, it'll be the same story. "Well, sir, we can't find anything, but we're sure they're now in... Lebanon! Yeah, that's it! Oh, now they're in Egypt!"

I fully expect Paul Wolfowitz to announce that the weapons of mass destruction are now located on the Aryan Nations compound. Gee, Paul, what's your real motivation? Oh, right, the safety and security of America. Sorry, my mistake.

Don't need tinfoil to pick up these signals --- just a brain.

Let's see the choices we have:

1) The intel from various countries stating that Iraq Had the weapons and that weapons/materials have been shipped to Syria.

2) A conspiracy theorist claiming they don't exist.

I have a brain, and no thank you, I'll listen to the professionals - not the whiners.

What country's intel?

The U.S.'s was massaged by the neocons.

Britain's came from a student's term paper.

And the yellowcake weren't nowhere but in the urinal, which is where our Israel-first foreign policy belongs.

Originally posted by William Joyce
What country's intel?

The U.S.'s was massaged by the neocons.

Britain's came from a student's term paper.

And the yellowcake weren't nowhere but in the urinal, which is where our Israel-first foreign policy belongs.

Russia, UK, USA, Australia, Italy, Spain.. And probably smaller contributions of intel from lesser known countries.

All the intel suggested Iraq had WMD, was working on nuclear capabilities, was transporting weapons, hiding weapons, deceiving inspectors...

No one had intel that exonerated Saddam. He then failed to live up to his obligations. He needed to be removed.

This is a helluva lot more realistic than "Whatever country the Jews have in their sights next"

I think your board screws with it.

EDIT: STOP DELETING MY FAVORITE PIC! Im only going to post it once(on this thread).

Yankee doodle went to town

George_Bush.jpg
Smaller version?

Originally posted by jones
And you are common folk :p:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=He+has+not+developed+any+significant+capability+with+respect+to+weapons+of+mass+destruction SOB! it wont work....you try cutting and pasting a google link.

Wouldn't it just be easier for you to click on the page you found in your search and post that on here? Posting links to search results is always troublesome.

And yes, the smaller version of your pic is fine. Just please don't abuse the threads with pics, it just makes it harder for us to follow. Thx

Forum List

Back