My letter to my Senator

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by bamthin, Jan 23, 2004.

1. bamthin

bamthin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Senator,

I am a veteran of the US military and I am currently employed as a civilian contractor supporting the US Department of Defense. I have devoted my life to serving in some capacity to help preserve the great way of life we have here in America.

I have become increasingly concerned with the policy that the US has pursued in its decision to use force abroad. I am also the father of four sons. I would be proud of my sons if they chose to serve this great nation by protecting it as members of our Armed Services. However, I would be furious if they gave their lives in discretionary military campaigns that are not absolutely necessary and not used as a last resort. I do not feel that Iraq has met that burden. Don't get me wrong. I support the troops and I pray daily that they return as quickly as possible.

I would like your promise that you will not agree to any more arbitrary authorizations to use force for President Bush. Sadly, I do not trust him to exercise restraint when deciding to put our young kids in harm's way. I understand that the use of force may be required again in the near future, but I want that decision to be made by Congress via a declaration of war.

Thank you

2. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    by the time congress agreed on anything we all will be pushing up daisy and hell will be selling ice water by the barrel...

3. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    except when it comes to them getting their pay raise

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Dear Senator,

Can you please lobby congress for a reduction in prices of Reynolds wrap? The conspiracies are more than I can handle alone and I'm afraid I need protection from 'the man'.

Thank you

5. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    be with ya on that Dk cept arent the raises like automatic?

6. NightTrain

NightTrain VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    P.S.

And please tell those Black Helicopters to quit spying on me. I can't hear them, but I know they're there. They're silent, I know all about them.

7. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    My senators are Charles Schumer and Hillary Clinton. Do you think that if I wrote to them about ANYTHING I'd be well received? Dear Hillary: Please stop f'ing up my country. Your constituent, William Joyce, 1377 Herkimer Street, Brooklyn, NY.