EV's just a fad?

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Could be...several stories like this in the past week...

Auto executive's not impressed....

Auto execs are coming clean: EVs aren't working - Autoblog

Whoooops

Don't forget...back in 1974, nobody thought we'd ever see cars north of 200 HP again. They were dead forever....

Americans don't want these shitty quality, huge hassle, high priced pos's. Not to mention...everybody now driving crossovers and SUV's. Nobody driving cars in 2023 and electric SUV's cost a billion $.

More AGW kOOk loSiNg...

Btw...in 2023, 16 million ICE vehicles will be sold.

Approximately one million EV's

83203.jpeg

Whoooops

Don't forget...back in 1974, nobody thought we'd ever see cars north of 200 HP again. They were dead forever....

Americans don't want these shitty quality, huge hassle, high priced pos's. Not to mention...everybody now driving crossovers and SUV's. Nobody driving cars in 2023 and electric SUV's cost a billion $.

More AGW kOOk loSiNg...
lol ! i misread the title of the thread .. i thought it said [ EV's just for fags ?]

Whoooops

More AGW kOOk loSiNg...
More like a niche instead of a fad. Tesla understood their market. Big Auto did not.

Whoooops

More AGW kOOk loSiNg...
Toyota are looking at a whole range of drive trains, they don't think just having EV's is the way forward or workable.

I just watched a video by WhatCar that ran 3 Kia Niro's on the same journey. A Hybrid, a plug in Hybrid, and an EV. The EV came last because it had to use a public charge point, it would have been cheaper if it could be charged at home. But as it was pointed out, doing a return journey greater than what's in the battery, you have to use expensive chargers, and the car cost £8,000 more than the hybrid.

Screenshot_20231103-231843.png

Toyota are looking at a whole range of drive trains, they don't think just having EV's is the way forward or workable.

I just watched a video by WhatCar that ran 3 Kia Niro's on the same journey. A Hybrid, a plug in Hybrid, and an EV. The EV came last because it had to use a public charge point, it would have been cheaper if it could be charged at home. But as it was pointed out, doing a return journey greater than what's in the battery, you have to use expensive chargers, and the car cost £8,000 more than the hybrid.

View attachment 852866
Hybrids are legit options. EV's? Not so much. They are more niche than anything else.

Hybrids are legit options. EV's? Not so much. They are more niche than anything else.
I wonder what will happen to Tesla once the niche market is saturated. Governments know EV's are hopeless, hence why they need to legislate against the competition.

Just let ICE vehicles and EV's compete. The most convenient, most cost effect, and most reliable option will triumph. So I'll stick to diesel.

Btw...in 2023, 16 million ICE vehicles will be sold.

Approximately one million EV's

Global Plug-In Electric Car Sales – July 2023

So far this year, more than 6.9 million plug-in electric cars were registered around the world, which is about 15 Percent of the total volume. Plug-in car registrations year-to-date in 2023: BEVs: about *4.85 million and 10% share. PHEVs: about *2.07 million and 5.0% share. Sep 12, 2023

Global EV Sales In July 2023: Over 1.1 Million Plug-In Cars Sold

`

So far this year, more than 6.9 million plug-in electric cars were registered around the world, which is about 15 Percent of the total volume. Plug-in car registrations year-to-date in 2023: BEVs: about *4.85 million and 10% share. PHEVs: about *2.07 million and 5.0% share. Sep 12, 2023

`
When are you going to buy one, 5C_Apu?

Whoooops
More AGW kOOk loSiNg...

I have little doubt that the day will com when electric vehicles become more practical than internal-combustion-engined vehicles. But I think that day is far away, and at my age, I am not confident that I will live to see it.

For now, I think it is a huge mistake to try to force people into this technology long before the technology is ready for mainstream use.

`

Ummmm, you say 6.9 million, your link says 1.1 million.

What gives?

You lying again?

Ummmm, you say 6.9 million, your link says 1.1 million.

What gives?

You lying again?

BOTH numbers are cited and contexted in the SAME same article you illiterate. They are not "mine."
Do the right thing..
Resign and stop posting while you've still got 5% of you're never-high-enough brain matter left.
`

apu is upset because he can't get an ev in 3rd world shit hole country. Pakis are so jealous of big dick Americans. Ain't that right, ya male tit fucker of a piece of shit?

Forum List

Back