Evolution is dead.

Evolution is a FACT
God is a Theory
Evolution is a fact? Seriously? What evidence do you have to back that up? Show us just one scientific fact that proves evolution is true. You can't do it.

Really? What information do crystals contain? Be specific. I believe that you are clueless as to just what information is. Allow me to educate you. What I'm writing to you, this very moment, is information. Information contains meaning. It involves using a set of symbols that have been assigned arbitrary meanings. These symbols are arranged in a certain order to convey thoughts from one person to another. That is information. Crystals contain no information. Information is the product of intelligent minds. Every scientific observation ever made confirms this.
So by your definition DNA is not information? If DNA is information, how does it convey that information and how does that differ from the crystal?

Really? What information do crystals contain? Be specific. I believe that you are clueless as to just what information is. Allow me to educate you. What I'm writing to you, this very moment, is information. Information contains meaning. It involves using a set of symbols that have been assigned arbitrary meanings. These symbols are arranged in a certain order to convey thoughts from one person to another. That is information. Crystals contain no information. Information is the product of intelligent minds. Every scientific observation ever made confirms this.
So by your definition DNA is not information? If DNA is information, how does it convey that information and how does that differ from the crystal?
You poor fool. You're dumber than dirt. DNA contains information. It is responsible for directing and regulating the many components of the cell. For instance, when proteins are created, there is a genetic tag added that TELLS it where it needs to go. It goes there, then the tag is removed. That is just one of many examples. If you had any conception of just how complex a cell is, and the information required to keep things from descending into chaos, you might see things differently. But you are willfully ignorant. Sucks to be you.

Evolution is a FACT
God is a Theory
Evolution is a fact? Seriously? What evidence do you have to back that up? Show us just one scientific fact that proves evolution is true. You can't do it.

Absolutely
The FACT that evolution occurs cannot be disputed. It is supported by biological, fossil, geologic and DNA evidence. The how or why of evolution may still be theories, but the FACT that it occurs is beyond dispute

Meanwhile, God is at best, a theory. A theory totally unsupported by scientific evidence

You poor fool. You're dumber than dirt. DNA contains information. It is responsible for directing and regulating the many components of the cell. For instance, when proteins are created, there is a genetic tag added that TELLS it where it needs to go. It goes there, then the tag is removed. That is just one of many examples. If you had any conception of just how complex a cell is, and the information required to keep things from descending into chaos, you might see things differently. But you are willfully ignorant. Sucks to be you.
Don't feel bad for dumb fools, they have no idea how dumb and foolish they are.

How does DNA store this information? I thought it was by the placement of it's amino acid base pairs. If that is correct, I don't see how the 'information' stored is any different from the regular arrangement of atoms in a crystal. The information stored in the DNA is much greater of course but the technique is the same.

I assure you my ignorance is not willful so please explain.

Evolution is a FACT
God is a Theory
Goosebumps.

Damn...

And some people do not believe that there is any evidence of the consequences for defying the will of God for people to stand guard over the purity of their own minds by refraining from the vile and contaminating flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate.

Imagine that!

Don't feel bad for dumb fools, they have no idea how dumb and foolish they are.

How does DNA store this information? I thought it was by the placement of it's amino acid base pairs. If that is correct, I don't see how the 'information' stored is any different from the regular arrangement of atoms in a crystal. The information stored in the DNA is much greater of course but the technique is the same.

I assure you my ignorance is not willful so please explain.
Crystal formation is not information. By information, I mean coded sequences that convey meaning, or Shannon information. Are you familiar with that? Information is the means by which we communicate. Crystals contain no meaningful information. DNA is a language. Crystals are not. Get it now?

Crystal formation is not information. By information, I mean coded sequences that convey meaning, or Shannon information. Are you familiar with that? Information is the means by which we communicate. Crystals contain no meaningful information. DNA is a language. Crystals are not. Get it now?
The difference between the crystal and the DNA is that the DNA is contained in a system that can make use of the information contained in the DNA. There is information in the crystal, ask any geologist, but, since it is not part of a system, it is not apparent. Nevertheless information is there, created not by intelligence but by natural forces.

Evolution does not say that the DNA and the system (life) that uses it sprang up in a single step. The first life was incredibly simple, it only had to grow and divide to be subject to the laws of natural selection. Prions may be an example of new life emerging.

The difference between the crystal and the DNA is that the DNA is contained in a system that can make use of the information contained in the DNA. There is information in the crystal, ask any geologist, but, since it is not part of a system, it is not apparent. Nevertheless information is there, created not by intelligence but by natural forces.

Evolution does not say that the DNA and the system (life) that uses it sprang up in a single step. The first life was incredibly simple, it only had to grow and divide to be subject to the laws of natural selection. Prions may be an example of new life emerging.
You really are an idiot. Sorry, but it's the truth. Crystals do not contain information. It's a fact. They contain order, but not a single shred of information. Prions are nothing more than proteins coded by DNA. They are not a life form.

Minimum requirements for life
  1. cell membrane
  2. way of storing information (DNA)
  3. way of reading 2. to make components needed
    • RNA polymerase
    • gyrases to untwist DNA
    • ribosomes to make proteins
    • (a few others I omitted b/c I don't know if they're really important)
  4. means of creating fuel (ATP synthase)
  5. a means of copying the information for reproduction
Now, in order to have all of that, you would require a cell. So, what is simpler yet still alive? Nothing. Scientists hypothesize that it might have existed at some point, but it's just a guess. Just like the rest of what they believe about how life began. They simply don't know.

Just like the rest of what they believe about how life began. They simply don't know.
Agreed but that is equally true for both of us.

Creationists don't know how life began aside from some vague "God breathed" into man. How did the atoms in the first man go from dirt to DNA? They simply don't know. There is certainly nothing that will ever be replicated or even theorized. The same is not true for evolution.

Just like the rest of what they believe about how life began. They simply don't know.

Creationists don't know how life began aside from some vague "God breathed" into man. How did the atoms in the first man go from dirt to DNA? They simply don't know. There is certainly nothing that will ever be replicated or even theorized. The same is not true for evolution.
Evolution is a fairy tale for grownups. There is absolutely no scientific evidence to support it.

Evolution is a fairy tale for grownups. There is absolutely no scientific evidence to support it.

The fact that you are sincere in your 17th century thinking does, in fact, imply that some living beings never evolve. I will have to factor that into my thinking....

The fact that you are sincere in your 17th century thinking does, in fact, imply that some living beings never evolve. I will have to factor that into my thinking....
It always strikes me as funny that people who believe in God shut their minds to learning his methods.

What is your explanation for goosebumps or any of the other vestigial features we see?
I'd be happy to tackle that if you can explain how LIFELESS chemicals magically assembled themselves to create life. Go ahead. I'll wait.

It always strikes me as funny that people who believe in God shut their minds to learning his methods.
We already know Gods methods. He created the universe in 6 days. He created it from nothing. It says so in the Bible. Any other stupid comments you'd like to make?

We already know Gods methods. He created the universe in 6 days. He created it from nothing. It says so in the Bible. Any other stupid comments you'd like to make?
In other words you have no idea. Why did he only put kangaroos in Australia?

Forum List

Back