Everything Everywhere All At Once

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
This is the weirdest teen angst movie you will ever see, I guarantee it.

It is funny, strange, and sweet, all at once.

The basic premise is that every choice you make creates an alternate universe. If you marry a girl, there is another universe where you didn't marry the girl. If you take the new job, there is an alternate universe where you didn't take the new job. And so forth.

If you don't eat your chapstick, there is an alternate universe where you did eat your chapstick.

Don't worry. That last sentence will make sense when you see the movie.

Definitely worth the price of admission, even if it probably won't age well.

This movie stars Michelle Yeoh, who you may remember as a badass in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. And if you have not seen THAT movie, do so ASAP.

Jamie Lee Curtis also plays a very fun role.

This is the weirdest teen angst movie you will ever see, I guarantee it.

It is funny, strange, and sweet, all at once.

The basic premise is that every choice you make creates an alternate universe. If you marry a girl, there is another universe where you didn't marry the girl. If you take the new job, there is an alternate universe where you didn't take the new job. And so forth.

If you don't eat your chapstick, there is an alternate universe where you did eat your chapstick.

Don't worry. That last sentence will make sense when you see the movie.

Definitely worth the price of admission, even if it probably won't age well.

This movie stars Michelle Yeoh, who you may remember as a badass in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. And if you have not seen THAT movie, do so ASAP.

Jamie Lee Curtis also plays a very fun role.

Trying to decide whether the inspiration was 'shrooms" or acid. At any rate, who doesn't like a good "multiverse" Kung Fu movie.. LOL...

Yeah...mushrooms. That would explain a lot. :lol:

We watched it last night, based mostly on raving critical reviews.
I paused the movie around the 25 minutes mark and asked Bonzi if she wanted to continue... at this point the movie was a series of chaos and confusing as hell. And why are the actors speaking half Chinese and half American in the same sentences??
Bonzi said she would like to continue because we paid $6 to watch it... try a little longer.
Finally around the 1 hour mark the movie starts to make sense. Sort of. Or less confusing might be a better way of saying it.
Starting to get the meaning.
The movie starts making inspirational points around the hour and a half mark. Starting with the "rock scene".

The movie is basically a message that we have eons of choices we make everyday. Little ones, big ones.
And each of these choices affects the rest of our lives, and we have no way of knowing whether
the effect is good or bad, great or terrible.
But the only truth out of all of these possibilities and choices, the infinity of it all -
no matter what we chose, or how we end up - there is only one thing that matters.
Embracing what is good in our life, as a way to fight off the negativity of what isn't.
We can drown ourselves in the misery that surrounds us, or instead appreciate what is good and live our lives there.

It reminded me of something I read once... "you will never find a selfish person who is happy"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back