Everyone ready for the Rapture?

a tribal leader was strong if his tribe was strong.....look at the dietary laws...they make sense for a desert people...no pig....pork until what the last 50 yrs carried many diseases....seafood in the desert?
fish wasnt prohibited but shellfish....cause you find them in the ocean

personally i would be all over me some lobster lol...but my point is....handy that the jews had a good thing goind in the ot testament...leave it to the christians to fuck it up ....in their holier than thou way....

we will call you the chosen people and the killers of christ in the same breath...

we will try to convert you and make you what is referred to as a 'complete jew' one who has seen the light and found jesus....now isnt there a jewish group that claims to be jewish and yet follow jesus?

we, not being me, but the typical christian

What is a "typical Christian" Stroll?

Nobody really gets to say unless you want to grant somebody that right to define it for you.

We all have our own POVs about what is the true Christian belief.

What is a "typical Christian" Stroll?

Nobody really gets to say unless you want to grant somebody that right to define it for you.

We all have our own POVs about what is the true Christian belief.

And that's the pickle.

Christians who go around damning other religions somehow turn a blind eye to their own atrocities, like the sacking of Constantinople or the Holocaust. At least Pope John Paul tried to rectify the situation somewhat by apologizing.

But it goes on to this day.

i got to go with sallow on this one....christian think they are boss hog and when called on it ...get all offended...

typical christian is the moralist mother who goes to church on sunday and preys on his neighbor all the other days of the week....

and just think of what they say about the typical pagan

I've been seeing billboards and hearing radio ads for the last few weeks, declaring that the Rapture will occur on May 21st of this year, followed by the End of the World on Oct. 21st.

May 21, 2011 - Judgment Day!; October 21, 2011 - The End of the World
Judgement Day is May 21, 2011 - The Rapture is Coming!

It seems to be the work of this guy: Harold Camping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thoughts?

the raptures over , that happened years ago ,if your here ? your damned ,

much of the gospel is written to show the fulfillment of prophecies....

one must realize in this god thing...jesus was a johnny come lately....many religions precedent christianity....

well, they tried to write it that way. but the prophesies say that before the messiah comes, the temple has to be rebuilt. last time is was in jerusalem, that still hadn't happened. and there's not a lot that can be done to write around that one.

just my own belief

HALOM AND WELCOME to the official website of the TEMPLE INSTITUTE in Jerusalem, Israel. The Temple Institute is dedicated to every aspect of the Holy Temple of Jerusalem, and the central role it fulfilled, and will once again fulfill, in the spiritual wellbeing of both Israel and all the nations of the world. The Institute's work touches upon the history of the Holy Temple's past, an understanding of the present day, and the Divine promise of Israel's future. The Institute's activities include education, research, and development. The Temple Institute's ultimate goal is to see Israel rebuild the Holy Temple on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem, in accord with the Biblical commandments. We invite you to read our Statement of Principles. To learn more about the Temple Institute, click here. Please visit the events page, to keep updated on what is new on the site.

The Temple Institute: The Holy Temple in Jerusalem: Yesterday Tomorrow Today

I've been seeing billboards and hearing radio ads for the last few weeks, declaring that the Rapture will occur on May 21st of this year, followed by the End of the World on Oct. 21st.

It seems to be the work of this guy: Harold Camping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thoughts?

I think rapture is another word for round up . or first harvest .

I think earth is a farm , thats why religion forbid eating outside their diet demand , for flavor .

rapture is like a quality tast test a random sampling of us from all over the world , tasty , tender , fat content .

so stick a frock me god I'm medium rare .

Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
People are saying that it will happen on that day, however the Bible states that no one will know what day it will be. ;)

the term rapture is not in the bible.....its an invention of the late 1900s

Its just a new name for something already in the bible. There are two apocalyptic books- Daniel and Revelations.

Agreed Thinsey. Rapture means 'to take up' or 'carry away' of those who are unaware of what is about to happen, of which is what happens when Christ comes to gather His people. They do not know when it will happen thus are unaware when it does happen. They are looking forward for it to happen though.

This is why the Bible says we do not know the day nor hour when Christ returns. We may be able to know the season, but not the day or hour. Thus Harold Camping will always be wrong on trying to figure out what day it will happen.

Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
People are saying that it will happen on that day, however the Bible states that no one will know what day it will be. ;)

Amen, we do not know and should never listen to date setters. Only the Lord knows. Though we may be able to see some signs the end is nearer.

If interested, one pastor's take on the rapture. Part 1 of 12, YouTube shows the 2nd - 12th parts to the right as you view each one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p20zDOjlRdc]YouTube - Chuck Missler: The Rapture Part 1 of 12[/ame]

Thoughts?

The Rapture has been over quite some time now, IMO. The seven years of tribulation following the Rapture started on 9/11/01 and ended 11/8/08 with the coming of The Messiah. Didn't see anyone go missing? Well in a world of 6 billion, thousands wouldn't be missed that much. Guess most of us don't know anyone with that high a standing in God's eyes. REPENT!!! :cool:

Not true. It doesn't say no one will know. It says no one does know.

If no one can ever know, then it will never happen because when it happens someone will know, a lot of someones.

I see no reason to believe that these guys know when Christ will come, but I also don't see anything in that scripture that indicates that no one will ever know.

Of course, I also don't think the Bible is all that God has or will ever say. As long as a majority of Christians cling to that false doctrine, that the Bible is all that God has and ever will say, they will never really learn what God has for them.

Thoughts?

The Rapture has been over quite some time now, IMO. The seven years of tribulation following the Rapture started on 9/11/01 and ended 11/8/08 with the coming of The Messiah. Didn't see anyone go missing? Well in a world of 6 billion, thousands wouldn't be missed that much. Guess most of us don't know anyone with that high a standing in God's eyes. REPENT!!! :cool:

remember your bible teaching A rich man has as much chance entering heaven as a camel has passing through the eye of a needle , so to assure you place in heaven I'm offering to take your wealth off your hands , save your soul brothers and sister , send you your burden your wealth that you may be saved >

If no one can ever know, then it will never happen because when it happens someone will know, a lot of someones.

I see no reason to believe that these guys know when Christ will come, but I also don't see anything in that scripture that indicates that no one will ever know.

Of course, I also don't think the Bible is all that God has or will ever say. As long as a majority of Christians cling to that false doctrine, that the Bible is all that God has and ever will say, they will never really learn what God has for them.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

You must not read the Bible much. ;)

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

You must not read the Bible much. ;)

Only everyday. But you've completely missed my point. if you understood it, you'd know that you just supported my argument. Christ told them that no one knows 2000 years ago. does that mean no one will ever know? Of course not.

I don't see what is difficult about understanding the difference between present tense and future tense. Perhaps you could site the verse that says no one will ever know? Especially considering if the scriptures actually said that God would be a liar because we will clearly know when it happens.

Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Avatar, can you see now that no one will know what day or hour Christ will come? We will only know right when it happens, not before. We are told to watch and that we will know when it is near due to the seasons, however, we will not know the exact day or hour. So when someone says they know what day Christ will return you know that is not possible.

Forum List

Back