Every Man In Mosul Ordered To Grow A Beard

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I hope loads of sand fleas take up residence in each beard.

Every Man In Mosul Ordered To Grow A Beard

Islamic State military leader Umar al-Shishani

April 29, 2015

The Islamic State (IS) group has reportedly issued a decree ordering all men in the Iraqi city of Mosul to grow beards on the grounds that the shaving of facial hair is haram (forbidden) under Shari'a law.

A report of the new IS decree in Mosul was posted on the Mosul Eye Facebook page on April 28. Mosul Eye is the pseudonym of a local historian who has been secretly documenting IS's activities in Mosul since the militants overran the city in June 2014. While it is not possible to verify the blogger's identity, Iraq watchers believe the accounts are credible.

Mosul Eye also posted a photograph of a leaflet that the account says IS has distributed in Mosul. The leaflets explain the Shari'a law basis for the IS edict to grow beards.

Those who fail to comply with the order to grow facial hair will be subject to punishment, Mosul Eye said.

Continue reading at:

http://www.rferl.org/content/every-man-in-mosul-ordered-to-grow-a-beard/26985105

why do muslims believe some of these things are compulsory? They are not nor should they be forced on anyone.

why do muslims believe some of these things are compulsory? They are not nor should they be forced on anyone.
Really? Even if those ordered to not to cut their beards are under the control of Al-Qaeda in Syria? Or instead, explain why the Sharia means a bad thing in Iraq and a good thing, the "liberation", in Syria?

Really? Even if those ordered to not to cut their beards are under the control of Al-Qaeda in Syria? Or instead, explain why the Sharia means a bad thing in Iraq and a good thing, the "liberation", in Syria?

I do not recall Aris or anyone else suggesting that
forced shariah is a good thing for anyone-----why do you lie Captain blei? For the few who may not understand----captain blei tries to create the impression that they only people who oppose the vile and disgusting Baathist pig who along with his disgusting father is responsible for the murder of
tens of thousands of Syrians are FANATICAL
islamists--------in order to clear things up-----please note---there are lots of SYRIAN expats----who were Christians in the USA-----talk to them about Papa and Baby ASSAD------for a long time they were afraid to open their mouths against the vile dictators because they GOT RELATIVES back there----but now they are less stifled

forced shariah is a good thing for anyone-----why do you lie Captain blei?
Supporting the terrorists in Syria means at least tolerating their Sharia law they would impose onto the population.
Calling this "liberation" and "revolution", in addition, unveils the ugly grimace utterly.

forced shariah is a good thing for anyone-----why do you lie Captain blei?
Supporting the terrorists in Syria means at least tolerating their Sharia law they would impose onto the population.
Calling this "liberation" and "revolution", in addition, unveils the ugly grimace utterly.

you don't make much of a point, Captain Blei-----in fact
your rant would be something like -----1945---(speech by adolf) "fellow germans-----RESIST THE EVIL AMERICAN AND RUSSIAN INVADERS----ya think things are bad with me in power----it will be WORSE
with them....." give it up, captain blei----baathism
stinks. It is the Arabian muslim emulation of german nazism

forced shariah is a good thing for anyone-----why do you lie Captain blei? For the few who may not understand----captain blei tries to create the impression that they only people who oppose the vile and disgusting Baathist pig who along with his disgusting father is responsible for the murder of
islamists--------in order to clear things up-----please note---there are lots of SYRIAN expats----who were Christians in the USA-----talk to them about Papa and Baby ASSAD------for a long time they were afraid to open their mouths against the vile dictators because they GOT RELATIVES back there----but now they are less stifled

I know fundamentalist ad jihadist distort the quran and hadith, but the growing of the beard in Islam is not mandatory. What the fanatics do in their isolated communities do does make it Islam and in no way compulsory. They should not be the example but the distorted exception. These are people who really don't understand their own professed faith.
They should be considered a murder/death cult and not muslim.

I know fundamentalist ad jihadist distort the quran and hadith, but the growing of the beard in Islam is not mandatory. What the fanatics do in their isolated communities do does make it Islam and in no way compulsory. They should not be the example but the distorted exception. These are people who really don't understand their own professed faith.

Oh c'mon -------the Koran is not islam-----it's just a book
about a very ambitious war lord.
Islam is Arabian society and that which Islamic clerics have decided it is over the past 1400 years based on the glorification of the cult leader. It is comparable to Japanese EMPEROR worship. I read the Koran long ago -----after reading it I had absolutely no insight into the "RELIGION" I did have a tiny bit of insight into ARABIA
I read the bhagavad gita too.....and the Odyssey<<<same
level of insight. Muhummad had a beard

Islam is Arabian society and that which Islamic clerics have decided it is over the past 1400 years based on the glorification of the cult leader. It is comparable to Japanese EMPEROR worship. I read the Koran long ago -----after reading it I had absolutely no insight into the "RELIGION" I did have a tiny bit of insight into ARABIA

there is one mention of a beard in the quran and it is in regard to Aaron, and shaving before entering 'gardens beneath which rivers flow to abide therein eternally'

>>Certainly has Allah showed to His Messenger the vision in truth. You will surely enter al-Masjid al-Haram, if Allah wills, in safety, with your heads shaved and [hair] shortened, not fearing [anyone]. He knew what you did not know and has arranged before that a conquest near [at hand].<<

there is one mention of a beard in the quran and it is in regard to Aaron, and shaving before entering 'gardens beneath which rivers flow to abide therein eternally'

>>Certainly has Allah showed to His Messenger the vision in truth. You will surely enter al-Masjid al-Haram, if Allah wills, in safety, with your heads shaved and [hair] shortened, not fearing [anyone]. He knew what you did not know and has arranged before that a conquest near [at hand].<<

you are too damned scholarly for me, Aris. ----there
are TRADITIONS------(remember ----~~~~la la la
TRADITION!!!!!!!) ---- some big time war in a garden------OH GOODY----the WAR OF THE GARDEN OF
EDEN (aden) IS AT HAND........on the way to MECCA
******* YIPEEEEE******

Forum List

Back